News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a lot of corporate sponsors (TD bank, Telus, Loblaws, Air Canada, Hilton hotels) with booths on Church St. and other Pride locations in the area, and tens of thousands of people on the streets all weekend. It's really irresponsible for a mayor to hold a stance against this sort of huge, inclusive event.

In the first week of the "Cut the Waist" bs, my 74 year old mother spotted him in the parking lot of a Weston Road grocery store, sitting in his escalade, demolishing a whole roast chicken with his bare hands right out of the clamshell. Not only was she surprised to see the mayor, but she was shocked by his manner. He looked up at her as she walked by, blobs of chicken grease on the front of his shirt, his teeth tearing into the whole chicken like some kind of wild animal. He gave her the finger as she stared in disbelief. She saw him drink the chicken fat from the bottom of the clamshell before she walked on in disgust.

So very weird, and very telling that he felt the need to give her the finger. Like he knows people would be critical of his behaviour and this is his pre-emptive defence.

"Rainbow's gone. I see a bad moon arising."
https://twitter.com/80sDougFord/status/483598589868777473

In the first week of the "Cut the Waist" bs, my 74 year old mother spotted him in the parking lot of a Weston Road grocery store, sitting in his escalade, demolishing a whole roast chicken with his bare hands right out of the clamshell. Not only was she surprised to see the mayor, but she was shocked by his manner. He looked up at her as she walked by, blobs of chicken grease on the front of his shirt, his teeth tearing into the whole chicken like some kind of wild animal. He gave her the finger as she stared in disbelief. She saw him drink the chicken fat from the bottom of the clamshell before she walked on in disgust.

Shocked and appalled.

Last edited:
So very weird, and very telling that he felt the need to give her the finger. Like he knows people would be critical of his behaviour and this is his pre-emptive defence.

Two more details about this encounter: it was on a Tuesday around 9:30 am and my poor dear mother (like many others) had actually voted for this guy in 2010.

Karen Geier is having a good day with the hashtag #TOremembers. She is posting a parallel list, maybe to DD's 75 questions, and to remind people upon his return, of all the shit Ford has pulled.
https://twitter.com/karengeier

Here are some examples:

Karen Geier @karengeier · 21m
remember when the mayor used his influence to curry favor in council for Muzik nightclub, and that decision was overturned the day he left?

Karen Geier @karengeier · 25m
Remember when the mayor called 911 on Canada's version of The Daily Show? #TORemembers #topoli

Karen Geier @karengeier · 26m
remember when the mayor was spotted at a Tim Horton's and they took the unprecedented step of covering for him? #topoli #TORemembers

Karen Geier @karengeier · 29m
remember how the mayor is a multi millionaire who claims he's a man of the people, unless he can talk about spending 100k on "rehab" #topoli

Karen Geier @karengeier · 32m
Please RT and remember. Drown out the script. Consider using #TORemembers with your own. I've put my tweets here: http://sfy.co/rZM2

All her TOremembers tweets are compiled here:
https://storify.com/karengeier/reme...=t.co&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter

Last edited:
Interesting take.* (Read bottom to top. Too lazy to re-order.)

Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.33.36.jpg

*May not apply to Ford on the facts, but an interesting observation in general.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.33.36.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.33.36.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
And this:

http://afuitbs.com/2014/06/30/redemptions-a-lifes-work-not-a-summer-vacation/

"... In all likelihood, Rob Ford, and his brother and family, all believe in their collective heart of hearts that he’s walked the rugged, rigorous road of redemption. He’s paid his dues. He took a leave of absence from the job he never really took that seriously in the first place, and did what you have to do up in cottage country to look as if you might be contrite and a little bit shamed by your actions.

I’ve said sorry, folks. What more can I do? The past is the past. Let’s just move forward. Anything else?

We’ve heard it all before.

You don’t get to proclaim your own redemption. It’s not for you to bestow upon yourself. ..."

#rfmg was asked to remove the new "Ford is over, if you want it" sign by security. Chris refused. Media outlets have tweeted about it.

“He really has worked hard,” said Zullo. “He is like a team leader in here. Everybody loves him. He will do whatever he can to help people in here and people feel the same about him.”

Must remember: A staffer such as Zullo gets paid to tell well-off fuck-ups that they should feel good about themselves, so that they will pay GreeneStone tens of thousands of dollars in order to hear Zullo tell them that.

ETA:

Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.52.52.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.52.52.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.52.52.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
#rfmg was asked to remove the new "ford is over, if you want it" sign by security. Chris refused. Media outlets have tweeted about it.

Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.49.31.jpg

eta:

Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.03.14.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.49.31.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 10.49.31.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 694
  • Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.03.14.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 11.03.14.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 697
Last edited:
Status