8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she ever lodge a complaint?
The one thing that drives me nuts is when folks keep complaining about his but don't report him.

I have a very vague notion that she did complain in some manner, but I cannot say if that is false memory - especially as it seems hard to think of to whom she could have complained. Almost certainly if she did complain it would have been mentioned in this thread, so perhaps someone who is skilled at using a search engine to overcome that fact that the internal search feature for this forum is junk could take a look? (At which point the Casita logo* appears in the sky over City Hall.)

*To be designed by Sublime, when time allows.

Two more details about this encounter: it was on a Tuesday around 9:30 am and my poor dear mother (like many others) had actually voted for this guy in 2010.

Sounds like he'd been on an all night bender!

Our mayor gorging on chicken in his car, blobs of fat on his shirt, at 9:30am on a weekday morning. Something really disturbing about this picture.

Oh, and giving a "taxpayer" the finger to boot!

… It's been nice during the past few weeks having Rob sidelined, in "rehab" as it were, even though brother (and ex drug dealer) Doug did his best to take the slack in Rob's absence.

I believe that most voting Torontonians now know, for certain, that these brothers are persons of bad will. The Fords will get bums' rush in October (a third place finish). And so I wish the press would just ignore them, starting now. I know, I know, not gonna happen. As for me, I'll pay less attention to all of it until about the start of October. I mean, really, it's amazing what I've gotten done during Rob's absence, and I've got friends and relatives giving similar accounts, i.e. that the Fords have been a horrible distraction.

I have a very vague notion that she did complain in some manner, but I cannot say if that is false memory - especially as it seems hard to think of to whom she could have complained. Almost certainly if she did complain it would have been mentioned in this thread, so perhaps someone who is skilled at using a search engine to overcome that fact that the internal search feature for this forum is junk could take a look? (At which point the Casita logo* appears in the sky over City Hall.)

Always at your service, Pud.

Councillor 'lucky to be alive' after Rob Ford hit, may sue
“I’m looking at all the options to see what is available,†she said. “At the moment, I have a report being done by security, and I’ve asked that the integrity commissioner look at that ... I’m not ruling out anything at the moment.â€
http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/20...led-out-legal-action-after-rob-ford-collision

They're too young to understand "rehab", they were probably told he needed a rest and to lose weight. His daughter might understand some of it, depending on what she's seen and heard in the house. Poor kids, I can only imagine what they have gone through.

I dunno, the girl's 8, a couple of my friends have kids that age and they certainly understood what it was. And even if they don't read the papers or have the news on the tv, the other kids at school (especially older kids) will have said something. You can't escape the rofo rehab talk in Toronto, whoever you are.

Yay!

“I’m looking at all the options to see what is available,†she said. “At the moment, I have a report being done by security, and I’ve asked that the integrity commissioner look at that ... I’m not ruling out anything at the moment.â€
http://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/20...led-out-legal-action-after-rob-ford-collision

Holy fast batman! Thanks muchly.
I wonder what came of it?

“I’m looking at all the options to see what is available,” she said. “At the moment, I have a report being done by security, and I’ve asked that the integrity commissioner look at that ... I’m not ruling out anything at the moment.”
Pam McConnell is far too sensible to waste time with complaints that will not change the situation. I assume Councillors have health benefits and as the injury happened at work (in Council) I assume any physio expenses are fully covered, I certainly hope so. Since her injury was clearly RoFo's fault I hope that the City health plan or ?? are suing RoFo for the full costs. "Respect for taxpayers" and all that!

Screenshot 2014-06-30 12.13.24.jpg

"Thank heavens for Casita!" - Commissioner Gorden.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-06-30 12.13.24.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-06-30 12.13.24.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 788
(1) I did not take it as a complaint in any manner. It is sometimes a problem with attachments.

(2) I'm afraid that you are too late to be a founding member, but you are most welcome to the large club of those who have had that demonstrated to them.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Groucho Marx - " I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member".;)

“I’m looking at all the options to see what is available,” she said. “At the moment, I have a report being done by security, and I’ve asked that the integrity commissioner look at that ... I’m not ruling out anything at the moment.”

While I'm not looking forward to RoFo return, and not holding my breath on TPS investigation, the fact there is a "workplace violence investigation" unfolding gives me hope.

I have seen it many times: person in danger of losing their job goes out on disability in attempt to cloak themselves by Human Rights and make themselves "fireproof". Here's the thing though. Generally Human Rights trumps all EXCEPT Health & Safety. Workplace violence is a legit H&S issue and would not be cloaked by human rights. The disability might be a mitigating factor, but would not absolve him of responsibility, especially now that he has been "cured" (at least in FoFam's mind)

I assume Councillors have health benefits and as the injury happened at work (in Council) I assume any physio expenses are fully covered, I certainly hope so.

They are well covered.

100% employer paid dental, extended health care, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, long term disability and WSIB.

reporterdonpeat 12:15pm via Twitter Web Client
City spokesman confirms Mayor Rob Ford has no meetings scheduled with city staff today.

Pam McConnell is far too sensible to waste time with complaints that will not change the situation. I assume Councillors have health benefits and as the injury happened at work (in Council) I assume any physio expenses are fully covered, I certainly hope so. Since her injury was clearly RoFo's fault I hope that the City health plan or ?? are suing RoFo for the full costs. "Respect for taxpayers" and all that!

I hope Pam McConnell doesn't see it that way. Workplace Violence is entrenched in Bill 168 and city hall is still a workplace. If it weren't, councillors would not get severance when they left CH if they aren't re-elected. Right now, we have a better chance of consequences under 168 than the TPS

If it weren't, councillors would not get severance when they left CH if they aren't re-elected.

Interesting to note: "Severance is also not paid if the Member is convicted of certain Criminal Code offences or if disqualified from holding office."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back