8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean "Euphoria" don't you?

You are correct of course. I regret, sincerely, sincerely regret, the error.

But really, Ford is, of course, a Nation. And if you have a problem with the Alcoholic refugees within, you are racist. To. The. Core.

Last edited:
reporterdonpeat 7:54pm via Twitter Web Client
Mayor Rob Ford just cancelled his interview with @TheTorontoSun tomorrow.

I noticed Rob going into his office wearing his gym clothes. I guess that means he has a private shower?

Anyway, I don't remember reading this, but I came across another story about showers at City Hall from last year that some may find of interest. My apologies to those who may have already seen it.

"Doug Ford: City Hall bike station showers will be 'bathhouse' "
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/10/toronto-city-council-wades-into-pool-debate

casita, I couldn't figure out why you were apologising. Then I read the comments section below the article.

All right Doug, don't bathe. Don't even advocate bathing. The stink at CH can't get much worse, I suppose.

ETA: I did wonder how bicycles end up being left-wing and anti-Sun reader. I thought you had to balance to ride a bike.

Last edited:
reporterdonpeat 7:54pm via Twitter Web Client
Mayor Rob Ford just cancelled his interview with @TheTorontoSun tomorrow.
He's probably so angry right now, he is just about ready to explode. How dare the media and public not accept his apology? He's ready to move on, the past is the past. This isn't going to end well for Rob.

I found it odd that Rob Ford didn't mention how long he's been sober for. Let's say he was sober the entire time he was in rehab, wouldn't he be proud of that? That's 2 months of no alcohol. He should be happy. He didn't seem like it which leads me to think that he's still drinking.

Another ding ding ding!

Anyone who's been through a twelve step based program (and RoFo's grammatically challenged attempts to talk about his "chronicle" disease speak to GreeneStone's treatment being twelve step based) is counting those hours without a drink/drug down to their next chip or medallion. It's also common for twelve steppers to say things like "all I know is I haven't had a drink today".

My source is I used to be a member of AA.

If he really had 60 days sober, he'd have been showing off those silver and red chips in his interviews.

reporterdonpeat 7:59pm via Twitter Web Client
"We feel the mayor has said everything" Mayor Rob Ford's staff explaining why he has cancelled his interview with The Toronto Sun.

He just cancelled his interview with CityTV too, saying he wants to focus on his campaign instead.
Of course, because when you're campaigning for public office the last thing you want is to be on tv LOL.
For a career politician Ford seems completely uninterested in politics, history, social matters, civics, a vision for the city, or really anything a politician should be able to talk about with ease.
And for a guy who brags about working out he sure tires easily.

Of course, because when you're campaigning for public office the last thing you want is to be on tv LOL.
For a career politician Ford seems completely uninterested in politics, history, social matters, civics, a vision for the city, or really anything a politician should be able to talk about with ease.
And for a guy who brags about working out he sure tires easily.
He's in it for the selfies. He loves having his picture taken. So there is that.

Maybe with this the media will turn and refuse to be so easily manipulated. They helped this guy become Mayor by making a folk hero out of him. Once stations like CITY and Global quit trying to balance reality and show him as a fool and a racist who is so compromised that he can't answer questions, the kind of conformist man-on-the-street public opinion that once cheered him along could quickly turn brutal towards him.

Another ding ding ding!

Anyone who's been through a twelve step based program (and RoFo's grammatically challenged attempts to talk about his "chronicle" disease speak to GreeneStone's treatment being twelve step based) is counting those hours without a drink/drug down to their next chip or medallion. It's also common for twelve steppers to say things like "all I know is I haven't had a drink today".

My source is I used to be a member of AA.

If he really had 60 days sober, he'd have been showing off those silver and red chips in his interviews.

He is also still expressing aggressive behaviour when he is angry, he should have learned about assertive vs aggressive communication.
Also do you feel that alcoholics are born that way? Or is it caused by a combination of things like environment, family history learned behaviour, poor coping skills etc... Or a combination?
Just like there is evidence that there are genes for cancer, not all people with those genes get cancer.
I know that there have been alcoholic genes identified, But research also shows there are many variables on the cause. What I am unsure of is what is taught in AA.
I think that Rob is doomed because if he truly believes he was born this way, then he has no reason to think he is accountable for anything, because he can't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back