News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends.... so I have learned a bit, but enough about that. I posted the exact same thing on my FB page earlier this evening. He's still working his way through step 1. I hate to see this because I really want him to succeed with his alcohol & drug issues so we can vote him out in October, fair and square, but I just don't see him making it through until then. Or though until the end of July.
At this point I think the best outcome would be for another drunken stupor video soon, so that he and Doug can finally bury the campaign and let Rob focus on his problems.
I only hope there's no driving involved in his inevitable relapse since his tolerance for alcohol will be lower than before.

Part of the narrative Rob has used on his enabling brother is that he's a workaholic and as long as he's busy he's okay but when bored he turns to drugs and alcohol. That's why he went from rehab structured environment straight into interviews, parades and full campaign mode.
But Rob has no hobbies or other interests, and Doug can't be babysitting him 24/7 so at some point soon Rob will be alone, with nothing to do, and succumb to temptation.

Last edited:
I hope for his sake he isn't actually clean right now. A relapse of the kind of substances he uses could kill him.

That is assuming that he ever went off the drugs. Remember someone on here with connections to the Muskoka 'hood said that Greenestone was a known place to score.

There is stuff, but reporting on incidents prior to his Spahab is or maybe considered "old news" by voters and hanger-onners. Unless it is terribly shocking it will most likely not reported on. Knowing Ford he is terribly sloppy and things will happen soon. Journalists are not done yet.

In the link posted recently to the Psychology Today article on psychopathy, this section screamed "Doug Ford". (APD = antisocial personality disorder.)

"Insincere speech

"Ranging from what the PCL describes as “glibness” and “superficial charm” to Cleckley’s “untruthfulness” and “insincerity,” to outright “pathological lying,” there is a trend toward devaluing speech among psychopaths by inflating and distorting it toward selfish ends. The criteria for APD include “conning others for personal profit or pleasure.” One concerned father of a young sociopathic woman said, “I can't understand the girl, no matter how hard I try. “It's not that she seems bad or exactly that she means to do wrong. She can lie with the straightest face, and after she's found in the most outlandish lies she still seems perfectly easy in her own mind” (Cleckley, 1941, p. 47). This casual use of words may be attributable to what some researchers call a shallow sense of word meaning. Psychopaths do not show a differential brain response to emotional terms over neutral terms that normal people do (Williamson et al., 1991). They also have trouble understanding metaphors and abstract words."

It seems pretty bang on, especially this part:
Quote Originally Posted by sweetlou View Post
They also have trouble understanding metaphors and abstract words."
Oh and the lying too, of course.

I think you've followed and arranged the dots.

P.S. I don't think Tug can out stupid himself after yesterday but time will tell, his racism quote left reporters completely stunned.

Last edited:
Would they let him in the States? Remember the failed flight to Chicago? Of course they could just do a live feed with him in Toronto.

Would they let him in the States? Remember the failed flight to Chicago? Of course they could just do a live feed with him in Toronto.
I figure it would be him at home, not him going there. I'm waiting to hear from him because he sounded serious but they are just showing 4th of July stuff.

Of course, even if it had been previously arranged, Ford could cancel after yesterday's interviews.

Matt Galloway was talking about the interviews this morning, with a guest whose name I didn't catch, and they basically said everything that was said here, including talking about him drinking water from a beer mug!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back