News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jean-Pierre Jeunet is indeed great, but the stolen gnome thing dates back many years prior to Amelie.

So it's been reported on Twitter that Ford basically flat-out lied to Fairchild TV (Chinese), saying that council spent the money on the umbrellas and rocks at Sugar Beach as soon as he went away (to rehab). Four full years after the park opened.

As Ford himself said on the floor of Council on Tuesday or Wednesday, (I paraphrase) "I drive along the Gardiner all the time, all I see are a wall of condos, I don't see anything that Waterfront Toronto is doing". He's lying or clueless. Or both.

As Ford himself said on the floor of Council on Tuesday or Wednesday, (I paraphrase) "I drive along the Gardiner all the time, all I see are a wall of condos, I don't see anything that Waterfront Toronto is doing". He's lying or clueless. Or both.

Rofo is like a Schroedingers cat of lies and ignorance. You don't know which is which until Thug opens his mouth.
Rofo's statement can also exist as a weird simultaneous state of matter.
Don't even try to understand the retroactive ability of Fordian time mechanics.

It's seriously trippy stuff. Almost feels like one is in a drunken stupor.

Oh remember THIS lady from Friday?

[video=youtube;kd8Z--Wj6M4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd8Z--Wj6M4[/video]

We have a name - from Twitter:

FuzzyWuzzy ‏@_Confessor 28m
Yup. A loon. RT @JohnFurrToronto: Ford volunteer Lola Fortino: "Why are LGBT ruining our city?" #TOpoli

AoD

I saw this woman on the Yonge subway a week or two ago. She definitely does not have both oars in the water. She was walking up the length of the train (it was a new one without doors between cars), and talking the same sort of homophobic rubbish. But she was not talking to anyone; just talking (in a moderate, not loud voice) to the air in front of her. She didn't look anyone in the eye or try to speak to any individual.

Initially I considered calling her out on the commentary, but it was quickly obvious that she was psychotic to some degree, and I joined everyone else in just looking away uncomfortably.

― John Kenneth Galbraith

"Not all stupid people are necessarily conservative, but most conservatives are stupid people" - John Stuart Mill

Just hung up from a Forum poll - first one I've ever answered on my land line. All questions were about whether various scenarios for Toronto were unique or not. Questions ran the gamut from "build the downtown relief line immediately" to "bury the Gardiner expressway".

Only question about Ford was when they asked who I voted for in Oct 2010.

Dammit, Olivia needs to pounce on this savagely instead of turning her nose up in distaste. I don't even necessarily agree with Chow's handgun plan, but Ford needs a smack.

She needs to say, "how dare you? You've been filmed smoking crack! You hung out with criminals, wrote letters of reference for them, got them jobs working with highschool kids. You directly funded the gun trade by giving your money to street gangs. You have literally no moral authority, whatsoever, to comment on my crime bill."
You must send this to Chow camp!!! if you not a political analyst/communications wiz, consider changing professions, really!!

Who's the worst camping manager, Kouvalis, Kinsella or DoFo?

Kinsella2.jpg

Attachments

• Kinsella2.jpg
    Kinsella2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 910
Who's the worst camping manager, Kouvalis, Kinsella or DoFo?

View attachment 29765

Yep, that's me being told to piss off for what I thought was a pretty innocuous comment. For context, Andray Domise was talking about Olivia Chow participating in "dog whistle politics" for white people by bringing up guns and gangs when gun crime is on the decline. Warren Kinsella obviously didn't think this was a valid line of conversation.

Yes, I too found Kinsella's response shocking. As if it wasn't worth debating, just... Kneejerk rudeness. Too bad :/

Isn't that the same Brooks Barnett that was Rob ford's policy advisor? Also of Ford ITO fame and one of the numbers from Sandro's phone?

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/06/mayor_rob_ford_policy_aide_resigns.html

Ford policy adviser and council liaison Brooks Barnett quit at the beginning of the day. Barnett’s departure, the first scandal-related resignation from the mayor’s office since a mass exodus in May and June, left Ford with only three of the staffers who began the term with him in 2010.

Barnett was one of the young aides who tried to corral Ford at city hall on St. Patrick’s Day of 2012, when Ford drank brandy and got “out of control.” When the intoxicated mayor decided to start making telephone calls, the aides decided to unplug the telephone; Ford, enraged, shoved Barnett with enough force to send him flying backward, sources said.

This whole article is fantastic, there are some very funny things and it's also quite a blast from the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back