News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Kristopher guy came in "full troll" to this thread a few weeks back and people were wanting to block him but were unable to because he's an admin or something. Then I think I read that they fixed it so you could block him (or admins in general)? Now he's back, turning a fun little poll into a fucking human rights issue or something because he missed the deadline. I just looked and I don't see a way to block but I could just be blind. Can anyone tell me how to block him? I don't care when people go off-topic, and even though I don't necessarily agree with everyone's opinions on here that's the beauty of a forum. The only thing I have zero patients for is temper tantrums and name-calling for stupid things like missing a deadline and being a prick about it to people who are volunteering their time for something fun. /rant

Unfortunately he's still a mod/admin and so we can't ignore list him. There's some custom ignore list that works on some fora (can't remember the name of it) that completely eradicates a user's presence to you too, which would be nice. I'll see if I can find it, unless someone who has a clue what I'm referring to and more savvy in the ways of the intarwebs than I am (not hard) can produce it to see.

This Kristopher guy came in "full troll" to this thread a few weeks back and people were wanting to block him but were unable to because he's an admin or something. Then I think I read that they fixed it so you could block him (or admins in general)? Now he's back, turning a fun little poll into a fucking human rights issue or something because he missed the deadline. I just looked and I don't see a way to block but I could just be blind. Can anyone tell me how to block him? I don't care when people go off-topic, and even though I don't necessarily agree with everyone's opinions on here that's the beauty of a forum. The only thing I have zero patients for is temper tantrums and name-calling for stupid things like missing a deadline and being a prick about it to people who are volunteering their time for something fun. /rant

IIRC, wasn't the only even remotely trollish thing he did complaining about people posting large chunks of articles without linking since it infringed copyright or something? Since then I've thought he's been a pretty good contributor overall. This seems a little overboard.

This isn't a contest, and nobody needed to message you to make their prediction. All could have been done through the thread, just as I did.

It is a contest.

And it did have to be done by PM. We did it inside the thread for the arrest pool and it was a bit of a headache keeping up with the entries amongst the MM-inspired chatter on here. The search function is broken as well, making missed entries difficult to find and verify. Look, if someone entered in the thread for the contest, I would have included them, but everyone was kind enough to follow my simple suggestion of PMing me the info.

I didn't close entries to be a message board nazi or anything. I did have a reason. I didn't think allowing late entries was wise after Stintz dropped out on Aug 21st. That's a somewhat significant change in the landscape, and it's not fair to those who put their predictions in on time based on the information available at that time. I'm not under any delusions that this is anything but a fun diversion, and even actually let some people in on the 21st, pre-Stintz announcement.

Let's do a poll on Rob Ford's historic last council vote. Put me down for "Absent"

Since he likes late mornings and early days, I agree with you, then again, when it he not "absent" for anything that he deems not important.

Last edited:
When was the last time we had Rob documented with his corset on? Nobody's talking about slimmer and trimmer these days (not that I miss it - just saying).

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
Staff say if the agreement with MLSE is "compromised" today it would delay the @Raptors facility by at least 6 mon #TOpoli

This is absurd. Ford wants to hold everything up so he can pretend to care about TCHC residents.

Ford could have made this suggestion to staff months ago, when they were still working out a deal. He's the mayor after all - that's the kind of things mayors (or their staff) are supposed to do (you know, all that stuff about policy direction and leadership). Instead he waits until it's way too late, his motion is inevitably voted down, and now he's grandstanding on how lefty councillors hate poor children.

This stuff makes me so mad. Even worse: NO ONE CALLS HIM OUT ON IT. These are the kinds of examples of Ford's failure to lead that the other candidates should be slamming him on at all times - at debates, in their quotes, through press releases.

He's not worthy of the privilege of being admin with his behaviour.

I agree. I reported him, for what it's worth (which I reckon is not much). Perhaps if several of us did so, it would at least show those in charge that he's not a good fit for the forum.

Last edited:
I agree. I reported him, for what it's worth (which I reckon is not much). Perhaps if several of us did so, it would at least show those in charge that he's not a good fit for the forum.

Bro, he's a MOD. That's like filling out a comment card at a cop shop, or giving your drugs to A FoFam member for safe keeping.
Nothing will happen. Luckily, he has the helpful pic to help with the manual ignore.

Oh grow up. This isn't something official. It's just for fun. I don't NEED to do anything. I can participate the way I want as well, and so can anyone else that didn't feel the need to send a message to someone to participate. This is a message board, and this is how they work.

aaaaaaaand this is why we have a world like we have. If a few people have a pool and they decided they want to play pool their way....they will. And if you can't play. You can't. It's not growing up. It's just respect for people.

I remember playing cards with my aunt the shark as a kid - all the adults used dimes. One day I spoke up and said we should really use quarters cause of inflation and it made things more fun with more money. She banned me from playing that night. I said it wasn't fair. She said it just was.

ah so.

BTW great weather today :D

aaaaaaaand this is why we have a world like we have. If a few people have a pool and they decided they want to play pool their way....they will. And if you can't play. You can't. It's not growing up. It's just respect for people.

I remember playing cards with my aunt the shark as a kid - all the adults used dimes. One day I spoke up and said we should really use quarters cause of inflation and it made things more fun with more money. She banned me from playing that night. I said it wasn't fair. She said it just was.

ah so.

BTW great weather today :D

What your aunt did was a slap in the face to all kids in TCHC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back