News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
that also gets to me way more than it should too. Hoe hard is it to stand up and ask the man to tell us why he didn't act prior to the meeting. GRRRRR

The Metro article about today's dust-up quoted several councilors saying that Ford was just trying to score points and dismissing him as an idiot. You can't interrupt the man's speech during session, and the Speaker is the worst in living memory AND in his pocket. Now, CP20Ford could get back to asking tough questions like, 'where were you a month ago when this deal was crafted', but except to his followers, today's theatre was irrelevant and/or negative. Even the Sun's article's comments were 100% negative.

Seriously, it may not seem like he's on as steep and slippery a slope as he is, but it's happening. He'll be out of office in two months and the world will spin back on to its axis.

Yay :D

15013015156_306fefc440_o.png

It is a contest.

And it did have to be done by PM. We did it inside the thread for the arrest pool and it was a bit of a headache keeping up with the entries amongst the MM-inspired chatter on here. The search function is broken as well, making missed entries difficult to find and verify. Look, if someone entered in the thread for the contest, I would have included them, but everyone was kind enough to follow my simple suggestion of PMing me the info.

I didn't close entries to be a message board nazi or anything. I did have a reason. I didn't think allowing late entries was wise after Stintz dropped out on Aug 21st. That's a somewhat significant change in the landscape, and it's not fair to those who put their predictions in on time based on the information available at that time. I'm not under any delusions that this is anything but a fun diversion, and even actually let some people in on the 21st, pre-Stintz announcement.

Thanks for all you do to add a little fun to the mess that is our mayor. I played in the arrest pool, but missed the recent deadline of August 20th. It never crossed my mind to disrespect you by ignoring your deadline and insisting I play by my own rules. I guess my rebel days are finally over! Again, I appreciate that you took the time to put it all together.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;PbF4-Zla3UY]http://youtu.be/PbF4-Zla3UY[/video]

In light of this conflict, I just wanna stop...

i will not say if Ford will be re-elected, dare not make any predictions, after all people voted for Mulroney. Take nowt for granted. With only 48% turnout in elections who can say who will win.

i will not say if Ford will be re-elected, dare not make
any predictions, after all people voted for Mulroney. Take nowt for granted. With only 48% turnout in elections who can say who will win.

And Mike Harris was re-elected. Make sure to go and vote and urge others to go as well. We don't need another Ford more years!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if people would be game to do a second poll about predicted results a week or two before the election? I didn't participate in this one as the political landscape can change so drastically and trying to predict something two months away is next to impossible, but I would be interested in doing one closer to the election, I would also be interested in seeing how those who have participated in this one have changed their answers.

I don't copy/paste copyrighted articles. If I did, it was definitely in error. I do it properly.

I'm not a baby, I just say it like it is and don't give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. I am also civil and don't throw around names or act like a nazi the way some people are in this thread because one person doesn't want to be a follower and do everything the way they want it done. If you want to call me a shit disturber or whatever, go ahead, but I have every right to give my opinion and say what I like as long as I'm following rules. That also goes for sticking up for myself when people like yourself get on my back. And with this post, I am not saying anymore. Feel free to keep ranting if you want, but I'm done with it. Moving along!

I agree with everything you said here except one thing: you are NOT civil. Anything but.

The *civil* version of today's outburst would have been "That's ok basic, I'm just playing along on my own. I missed the deadline but I still wanted to share my guess with the thread."

See the difference?

I'm regularly astonished by how rude some of your posts are. You called one poster a creepy stalker and jumped down the throat of another for posting a full article when you could have just reminded everyone of the rules. If you weren't a MOD on the forum I'm sure you'd have been warned, if not banned, by now.

*plonk*

[video=youtube_share;PbF4-Zla3UY]http://youtu.be/PbF4-Zla3UY[/video]

In light of this conflict, I just wanna stop...

When I was growing up in Montreal my mother was the head cashier at our local Steinbergs supermarket in NDG and Gino worked part time as one of her "baggers".

take nowt for granted

i will not say if Ford will be re-elected, dare not make any predictions, after all people voted for Mulroney. Take nowt for granted. With only 48% turnout in elections who can say who will win.

I'm afraid the recent provincial election will have a scary dampening effect on voter turnout. People on the left and centre were very afraid of a Hudack win and the polls were so wrong that normally apathetic voters got their boots on and went to poll. The next days' news of a landslide had many thinking " I hated the thought of Hudack but I wasn't trying to hand out a majority."

Fast forward to Oct 27, some people will leave it to others to vote, thinking they couldn't possibly vote for Ford again. If enough people think this, we are in trouble. The burbs get to give T.O. a fat raspberry, the undereducated have a new hero in Ford. And like Kristopher said ages ago we could best effect change by challenging our friends who normally wouldn't vote in municiple elections to get out and vote.

Also young voters might be starstruck by late night appearances. We should engage them by showing them just how crucial municiple politics is to their lives. Any and all tactics should be used. The price otherwise is just to awful to contemplate.

I'm wondering if people would be game to do a second poll about predicted results a week or two before the election? I didn't participate in this one as the political landscape can change so drastically and trying to predict something two months away is next to impossible, but I would be interested in doing one closer to the election, I would also be interested in seeing how those who have participated in this one have changed their answers.

I agree. There is plenty of time for Ford to be stupid.

When I was growing up in Montreal my mother was the head cashier at our local Steinbergs supermarket in NDG and Gino worked part time as one of her "baggers".

When my parents were in high school, Dan Hill ("Sometimes When We Touch") was the long haired guy who would sit in the halls and play the guitar. He has lost that hair, but they went to one of his concerts a few years ago.

I'm almost positive he copy and pasted an article a few days after posting that as well.

I was on my phone and couldn't be bothered to call him out on it and his recent posts have that glitch... But 80% positive.

Plus, he is a baby

eyewonder -- that is my recollection as well, and I only refrained from snarking about it (until now) because *I* didn't want to seem like a baby :)

P.S.: Rob, please please PLEASE have a drunken stupor that's caught on video soon, so that UTers stop bickering amongst themselves in boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back