News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw the clip of Rob fuming over the practice facility vote. It was some fine fake anger to drum up sympathy from his TCHC base. The sad part is that it might work.

Just got another Forum Research call. The usual stuff but they've put Ford on the 4th pick, so you don't have to wait as long to make your choice. Several questions about transit, candidate name recognition and approval. Plus they wanted to know if we should use euthanasia to humanely kill off the raccoon population.

Just to clear up some of the confusion in this thread (and criticism being levelled at the mods), khristopher is not an admin or mod, in this thread or anywhere else on the forum. The inability to ignore him must have been some kind of administrative error.

Just got another Forum Research call. The usual stuff but they've put Ford on the 4th pick, so you don't have to wait as long to make your choice. Several questions about transit, candidate name recognition and approval. Plus they wanted to know if we should use euthanasia to humanely kill off the raccoon population.
I can't believe that. Well, actually I can, which is a sad reflection of our city.

I'm wondering if people would be game to do a second poll about predicted results a week or two before the election? I didn't participate in this one as the political landscape can change so drastically and trying to predict something two months away is next to impossible, but I would be interested in doing one closer to the election, I would also be interested in seeing how those who have participated in this one have changed their answers.
absolutely petunia. Basic will you run it again? Nohostages says 18.5% cheers

It's the pianist Oscar Levant...

When I was a boy (younger than 10) my father would let me stay up late with him to watch the Jack Parr show when Oscar Levant was on. As much as I like An American in Paris, it is a shame the way they tried to make Oscar's character look like just a "nice jokester".

This bio is pretty good: A Talent for Genius: The Life and Times of Oscar Levant by Sam Kashner & Nancy Schoenberger.

Last edited:
WRONG! It's the GREAT pianist and philosopher Oscar Levant. ;)

Indeed. The three most wonderful guests on the Jack Parr show were Oscar Levant, Buddy Hackett* and Jonathan Winters.

*One night, when Buddy was trying got explain to Jack what it is like to be Jewish and got onto the topic of food (blintzes, etc.), Jack told him: "I love yarmulke."

Indeed. The three most wonderful guests on the Jack Parr show were Oscar Levant, Buddy Hackett* and Jonathan Winters.

*One night, when Buddy was trying got explain to Jack what it is like to be Jewish and got onto the topic of food (blintzes, etc.), Jack told him: "I love yarmulke."

Isn't Yamaka a Hassidic motorcycle?

Every time I look at you I get a fierce desire to be lonesome.
Oscar Levant

So little time and so little to do.
Oscar Levant

Once I make up my mind, I'm full of indecision.
Oscar Levant

The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.
Oscar Levant

A politician is a man who will double cross that bridge when he comes to it.
Oscar Levant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back