News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was that funny passage in Doolittle's book where Kouvalis was livid with Doug spouting off and going off message, off track, without consulting him. IIRC it was Doug saying "I have lots of friends who are gay men, I even let them sleep in my bed etc". Again I don't have the book with me, but going off my bad memory Kouvalis was driving Doug to the airport the next day, and he handed him a box of condoms as a "gift".

IIRC again, I think Kouvalis had it with Doug increasingly trying to run\take over the whole camping thing.

R Ford's Chiefs of Staff
N Kouvalis to Feb '11 left re D Ford
A Remtulla to July '12 left to go to Pan Am Games position
M Towhey to June '13 fired
E Provost to Nov '13 left to go to Deputy Mayor' office
D Jacobs up to today.....

R Ford's Chiefs of Staff
N Kouvalis to Feb '11 left re D Ford
A Remtulla to July '12 left to go to Pan Am Games position
M Towhey to June '13 fired
E Provost to Nov '13 left to go to Deputy Mayor' office
D Jacobs up to today.....

Yes, it's quite the revolving door parade. Though I should've been clearer that I didn't mean Kouvalis left recently like this year or anything.

I was just referring to Jimmy's comment - he was saying that people close to Ford "love" him because they are physically terrified of him.

I concur. The man is charismatic too. In a field of duds lacking personality ( sorry John Furr, Underhill has alot of zazz)
and a transit plan to boot : get on the bus, The Spadina bus.

Ugh. I don't find him charismatic at all. Never have, never will. Probably because the first knowledge I had of him was years ago, involving potential spousal abuse. I've always thought he is an ass, unfit for public office (and pretty much everything else).

Ugh. I don't find him charismatic at all. Never have, never will. Probably because the first knowledge I had of him was years ago, involving potential spousal abuse. I've always thought he is an ass, unfit for public office (and pretty much everything else).

Charming might be more accurate. I don't mean like, dapper, or wow what a wonderful charming person. I mean charming as a verb. Like pulling the wool over someone's eyes, or a magician ("I'm an Illusionist, Michael!!" -Gob Bluth) using distraction and other tricks to control where your attention will be. One on one retail politics level, I don't doubt for a second Rofo can be very charming. I have never met merryl in person, but I have met some of his fans who did pre-2010 merryl race. And they were definitely charmed by then Councilor Rofles.

I also don't doubt that Rofo can turn on a dime from a charming, big teddy bear party animal into a violent bully. The TDCSB reports of his antics, bowling over Councilor Mcconnel in chambers, the alleged Mickeydees combo punch. Even if Rofo was sober as a judge, doesn't change the fact that he has shown to have a history of violins.

Interesting the other day when RoFo was quoted as saying in regards to TPS, “Paid duty, I believe, is having a lot of officers go out, like we all do, work overtime, make a few extra bucks”.

Actually, Paid Duty is not overtime ( OT ). OT shows on the Sunshine List. Paid Duty does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back