News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 41s
Doug Ford has just arrived at Mount Sinai. #TOpoli

FYI

Deanne Shoyer ‏@OMum22 36m
2. Michael Ford has huge name recognition. 73% of those polled have heard of him but *only 51% approve of him.* #TOpoli #ward2

The silver lining of the poll.

Last edited:
Let's keep our fingers crossed then!

I wouldn't say it's my principle reason, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a contributing factor. It's not about fat-shaming as I could stand to lose a double-digit number of pounds myself, but I believe that the way in which the mayor treats him or herself is indicative of the way they will approach running the City. If a person can't be arsed to treat themselves with respect, to show concern for their own personal health and well-being, then why should I believe that they'll treat the city any different? If a person runs their life with poor impulse control, then what's going to happen when they're put in charge of a $10b budget and tens of thousands of employees?

Image is extremely important for a City's reputation and livability, and if someone doesn't project a good self-image, then I have no reason to believe they'll impart a good image on the city.

Thank you for articulating this.

I feel bad for those MO people that only eat healthy things.
Unfortunately, the other 95% that make poor eating decisions lie in the bed they make... which means being judged for being unhealthy.
Oh, and to those that believe in "big bones": it's bullshit. The average skeleton weighs like 12 pounds, and a "big boned" person's skeleton weighs like 14 pounds, not 40.
I have MO family members, and could go that direction myself...if I downed 3 heaping plates at every meal too. I guarentee they would be more reasonably sized if they laid off the pop and biggie sized meals.

Am I a prick? Possibly. Does the rest of the world judge Toronto by their Morbidly Obese Mayor? Definitely.

"Watch that change" was added by Videodrome. Dale if anything was downplaying the possibility of Dougie jumping in the race. I don't think he will either... just because he once suggested as much in one of his stream-of-consciousness bullshit monologues doesn't mean a whole lot.

Sorry, DD. I think Videodrome is on to something. I don't know what stream-of-consciousness monologue you are talking about but Doug's political aspirations have been well documented.

I imagine Krackscandalburgermeister and Tug have drilled into mutey's head to canvas all day taking names and phone numbers and issues just like they did. People are so gullible they fall for that kind of stuff and it's proven effective in that ward.

Andray needs to counter that, a good flyer campaign with the title "Who is Michael Stirpe/Ford" with some facts about his less than stellar achievements to date along with a line like "this 20 year old is ready to hop on the gravy train for a $105,397.00 salary while you work hard to make ends meet, say no to the Ford gravy train".

I know I am kind of picking on his weight, but, he can't be that huge with out poor eating choices. If he can't even eat like a grown up, how can he do a grown up's job?
Eating at Perkins and KFC constantly are definitely poor eating choices. Add to that driving your SUV everywhere and you've got a recipe for obesity!

I imagine Krackscandalburgermeister and Tug have drilled into mutey's head to canvas all day taking names and phone numbers and issues just like they did. People are so gullible they fall for that kind of stuff and it's proven effective in that ward.

Andray needs to counter that, a good flyer campaign with the title "Who is Michael Stirpe/Ford" with some facts about his less than stellar achievements to date along with a line like "this 20 year old is ready to hop on the gravy train for a $105,397.00 salary while you work hard to make ends meet, say no to the Ford gravy train".

Actually that is a really good strategy - does anybody here work for Andray's campaign?

Olivia Carville ‏@livcarville 1m
Doug Ford was silent when asked about the future of his brother's mayoral campaign as he walked into Mt Sinai Hospital

Less than three hours for them to decide. Maybe he is talking with Rob to see what decision is made.

You know - Olivia will stay in the race - and when if it begins to appear that RoFo's condition isn't what its being played to be - that might re-ignite Olivia to charge in with the fire she demonstrated in Commons.

"Watch that change" was added by Videodrome. Dale if anything was downplaying the possibility of Dougie jumping in the race. I don't think he will either... just because he once suggested as much in one of his stream-of-consciousness bullshit monologues doesn't mean a whole lot.

Agreed. IMO, Doug has nothing to gain by entering the race. Rob has everything to lose by dropping out before he has a proper diagnosis. Plus, there's a Ford on the ballot in Ward 2. If Rob has to leave for health reasons, he and Doug still have a player from which to rebuild the Ford franchise (dreadful as that thought may be). I'll be very surprised if there are any changes by 2:01 p.m.

Last edited:
Olivia Carville ‏@livcarville 1m
Doug Ford was silent when asked about the future of his brother's mayoral campaign as he walked into Mt Sinai Hospital

Less than three hours for them to decide. Maybe he is talking with Rob to see what decision is made.

Whatever is decided I will bank that Doug ain't running. Way back it was reported Deco was having customer issues with Randy at the helm, he's a plant guy, not an office guy, so Doug needs to step back in and right the ship, his political aspirations are provincial and he needs the stench of Krackscandalburgermeister to waft away before running.

Shawn Jeffords ‏@Shawn_Jeffords 11s
When asked if he is thinking about deadline to declare candidacy Ford says “Not right this second.” #TOpoli

Status quo.

Thank you for articulating this.

I feel bad for those MO people that only eat healthy things.
Unfortunately, the other 95% that make poor eating decisions lie in the bed they make... which means being judged for being unhealthy.
Oh, and to those that believe in "big bones": it's bullshit. The average skeleton weighs like 12 pounds, and a "big boned" person's skeleton weighs like 14 pounds, not 40.
I have MO family members, and could go that direction myself...if I downed 3 heaping plates at every meal too. I guarentee they would be more reasonably sized if they laid off the pop and biggie sized meals.

Am I a prick? Possibly. Does the rest of the world judge Toronto by their Morbidly Obese Mayor? Definitely.

If fat assed rob, his fat assed brother and their minions can talk about pinkos, latte sipping elites, tree huggers etc....then they're fair game to be called fat assed dullards.

My guess is Ford's not going to drop out of the race. Assuming he'll recover eventually, being hospitalized is a kind of best-case scenario for him: no more foot-in-mouth debates and risky interactions with the press and the public, no more pretending they have an actual campaign to run, no need to take positions or address issues. Doug can feed Warmington heartwarming bedside stories, the base will stay put, and they may pick up significant sympathy votes. If it's not a winning strategy, hey, things weren't looking good anyway and now they have a new angle to work: Rob couldn't finish the campaign because he was waylaid, but the Fords will bounce back.
This is exactly what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back