News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Saturday is recovery day. Its part of a growing movement of the recovered who are unashamed and want to end the stigma of addictions by becoming less secretive about their experiences. I think its a healthy attitude and promotes seeking help when needed. .[/QUOTE]

Yes I'm replying to myself sorry. To expound on Recovery Day 2014 :Toronto's event ( This movement started out west and is now cross country) will be at Allen Gardens 11-3 Sat. Sept 20. There will be speakers, displays, and camraderie. It is for anyone in recovery, those who care about them or work with them and those considering entering recovery. I was unable to attend last year but friends who did said it was a first rate event and will be returning this year. Addiction like other mental health issues is slowly losing it's stigma thanks to events like these and the people who work tirelessly toward those ends.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 10.21.10 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 10.21.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 10.21.10 AM.png
    726.3 KB · Views: 928
Off topic of Ford, but anti-Chow trolls are going absolutely crazy on Twitter #topoli this morning, slamming her transit plan, saying "she thinks she knows better than Scarborough" and shilling for Tory. Very obvious they were given a "full frontal assault" order, by Kouvalis maybe? Is it me or is Tory looking weaker and more panicky by the minute? I know what the polls say but the "momentum" story seems to have shifted.

Sounds like we should see the Jugga/Kathy ITO Wednesday but if there are a bunch of other documents related to "companion" investigations unsealing those could be another big long process.

In answer: Robbie blowing a kiss (in sign language: "fuck you") = to journalists on the other side of the glass wall of this office, on the day after admitting to smoking crack (thus showing the sincerity of his apology/contrition about that).

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/06/mayor_rob_ford_policy_aide_resigns.html

Thanks, Pud. I understood his intent and remembered the photo, but couldn't put it down to a specific incident. (There have been so many...)

Thanks, Pud. I understood his intent and remembered the photo, but couldn't put it down to a specific incident. (There have been so many...)

IIRC it happened while he was giving some high school students a tour of his office (he was into that for a while); as always, setting a good example of civic engagement for our 'youths'.

IIRC it happened while he was giving some high school students a tour of his office (he was into that for a while); as always, setting a good example of civic engagement for our 'youths'.

Yeah that was bizarre. Then again Rob might have thought his chain of office is identical to a master key to the city. Perhaps literally. Also, why is there not a giant key for the merryl chain of office, I think that should seriously be addressed once Thug wins the merryl race.

http://metronews.ca/news/toronto/860965/mayor-rob-ford-pays-unannounced-visit-to-east-york-school/

Massively seconded. Rex Murphy and Randy Bachman are the only reasons I will turn off CBC radio if it's on.

Rex Murphy has coasted for so long on the 'charm' of being a crotchety old Newf who uses big/obscure words. It got old a long time ago when he stopped making sense.

Bachman I actually don't mind so much - bit of a dork but has a lot of good stories. However, he did do one segment about pop songs with a quasi-spiritual bent (don't have a problem with that) but he discussed Dylan's 'Gotta Serve Somebody' by saying that he believed everyone had to have a religion and couldn't do without one. Found that very condescending.

Stuart McLean I will absolutely turn off when he comes on.

Rex Murphy has coasted for so long on the 'charm' of being a crotchety old Newf who uses big/obscure words. It got old a long time ago when he stopped making sense.

Bachman I actually don't mind so much - bit of a dork but has a lot of good stories. However, he did do one segment about pop songs with a quasi-spiritual bent (don't have a problem with that) but he discussed Dylan's 'Gotta Serve Somebody' by saying that he believed everyone had to have a religion and couldn't do without one. Found that very condescending.

Stuart McLean I will absolutely turn off when he comes on.

OT, so apologies, but the last time I listened to Stuart McLean, he was doing a derivative schtick that ripped off Garrison Keillor. It was a picture-perfect example of the worst tendencies in Canadian entertainment media — i.e. make a poor copy of something that was successful in the U.S . I tune him out as soon as I hear his name. Has he changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back