News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can anyone hear this without laughing... Kathy Ford anyone, cue violins.

reporterdonpeat 12:59pm via Twitter for iPhone
"What really tugs at my heart is single moms" Doug Ford.

Twenty dollars at a time?

AA33Support-Single-Moms-Posters.jpg

Probably just me, but out-of-nowhere interjections about the random 'Cowboy-Hat Wearing 3rd Ford' and his alleged family negligence seem both gratuitous and unnecessary (and maybe legally more than these). Sure there's been lots of wild and imaginative speculation here -and that's fun n' all - but specific allegations about a person of non-interest. other than being a relative of the subject of the thread, might cause all kinds of unintended consequences. Not just to this thread, but the forum as a whole.

Probably just me though.
I was rather wondering if the subject of those posts was also the author of those posts.

Wow, Joe is writing in-depth, "man on the street," sports articles, with the same crappy sentences, mis-capitalizations and weird quotes. Good for him. It's a nice change of pace from those ass-kissing articles bout Rob F.... Oh, I see what you did there, Joe! Bit of a Trojan Horse there, eh, with your lede and headline pretending you're writing about the Leafs and our undying love of the team?

You're such a good JOURNALIST, Joe, realizing you should bring a scarf to chemo!
And you brought a photographer, of course, not to take pictures you could use to pimp your wares but "to cheer up the mayor." You're just ALL HEART, Joe. I haven't seen such inspirational use of a photographer since your last article, when you bullied the sick mayor into having his picture taken while working at City Hall. Any good friend always brings a photographer with him!

...Having an opinion is one thing, but does this guy have any understanding whatsoever of professional distance? I seriously don't understand how he has a job. Like, this crap is not even an English sentence: "When we got there, he seemed in need of it."

And this..."The fact that he has calls to return and cards to read and the Leafs season back on, he said, keeps his mind occupied." ...is that one fact? Again, not English; there's a missing verb (hint: it's "is"!)

And here is some Pulitzer quote material: "“There is still something very nice about receiving a card in the mail,†said the mayor. “It does make you feel good. " Lemme wipe the tears from my eyes before continuing!

At least he got Rob to admit chemo is "not fun." Not like rehab.

then look at this:

“Rough night, guys,†he said.

There are two beds in his hospital room but he was in there alone. A security guard is on the outside and the whole scene was surreal.

I'm not Shakespeare over here, but I'm pretty sure when you're writing something you have to pick a tense. Are we in the past or present, Joe? If you can't pick one for the whole article, at least try for consistency within a single sentence, OK? Is there a copy editor in the building?

We've learned a lot, through this mess. A lot about the divides in Toronto and a lot about the legislation that governs it. Personally, I've learned that Joe W is one of the worst writers I've ever read; totally unprofessional and morally compromise. In my, very humble, opinion.

We've learned a lot, through this mess. A lot about the divides in Toronto and a lot about the legislation that governs it. Personally, I've learned that Joe W is one of the worst writers I've ever read; totally unprofessional and morally compromise. In my, very humble, opinion.

Come on! You can punctuate way worse than that! Try harder! Or do you not quite have the stomach for it? ;)

Every time such thoughts creep into my mind, I think about all the people who landed in hospital because Rob wouldn't tell the truth after the first crack video. Any sympathy vanishes pretty quick. I figure he's got his friends and family for that. He doesn't need me.

My heart bleeds for him but, at the end of the day...

“Rough night, guys,” he said.

There are two beds in his hospital room but he was in there alone. A security guard is on the outside and the whole scene was surreal.

Both of these are plausible:

(1) Warmington's article is deeply dishonest and there was more family/friend support present for RoFo than Warmo suggests.

(2) Really, all the people other than Warmo who know RoFo well really are staying at least 1000 yards away, in a situation where a better-liked patient might get a little more support.

Lots of other scenarios are plausible too, of course. Hell, nothing is implausible anymore, given RoFo's astonishingly complex trajectory over at least the last four years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back