News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man. you think she is this grumpy at home too? Or is this just her persona?

I don't think SAL could possible sustain faking this level of being a bitter, angry person.

"Cronyism"? On a transition team? Like, normally that's where people pull out their enemies list? Does she understand what a transition team does? Obviously he did say he wants to bring Olivia and Soknacki into the fold so methinks it's perhaps the exclusion of MINO and Thug that really greats, as if they just have some bang-up ideas Tory needs to hear; as if they have some municipal experience, some secret tips to share.

I know we've still got 1/3 of the city who are totally out to lunch but I still think she and Warmington are going to have a hard time adopting to this era in which they are obsolete. She probably thinks she's at her best now that there's an enemy in the henhouse....I disagree.

And before Sewell--don't forget Lampy!

Then there's the matter of all the pre-amalgamation Mayors (of whom F. Nunziata's the last remaining) who opted for Council post-megaamalgamation...

Lampy was an interesting case, wasn't he....most of his career was mayor or nothing with losses to McCallum, Phillips, Givens..however at the backend of his career he pulled his horns and sat on council under Summerville and Dennison
...Davenport your two cents please.....

Yeah the preamalgamtion mayors....Holyday, Prue (moved on to the Province), Nunziata, Faubert (died in office) all were on the 1997 Council, the only one who faded to dark was Hall

SAL and righteous indignation, because a Ford has never given a job to a friend. Nuh uh.

That's different. Obviously you have to reward loyalty!
I keep hoping that, even if Rob never gets arrested, even if he gets healthy again and serves 10 more terms on council that one day, somewhere at some point in time, will explain what the heck David Price's job was.

You've gotta have dreams, right?

Yeah the preamalgamtion mayors....Holyday, Prue (moved on to the Province), Nunziata, Faubert (died in office) all were on the 1997 Council, the only one who faded to dark was Hall

Well, in Etobicoke, not just Holyday, but Sinclair and Flynn tried in 1997, too--Sinclair made it (only to be defeated in 2000), Flynn didn't.

And Flynn, generally; after his Mayoral and Metro Chair stints, went on to Metro Council in 1988...

BTW if anyone misses the days when this thread went at a hundreds-of-posts-a-day pace, may I propose it henceforth be renamed, "Mayor Jian Ghomeshi's Toronto". That'll do it.

sanatur.png

Saint Robert of Etobicoke is healed by his Nation

Attachments

• sanatur.png
    sanatur.png
    483.6 KB · Views: 676
Well, in Etobicoke, not just Holyday, but Sinclair and Flynn tried in 1997, too--Sinclair made it (only to be defeated in 2000), Flynn didn't.

And Flynn, generally; after his Mayoral and Metro Chair stints, went on to Metro Council in 1988...

Here I'll give you a name going way back Leslie Saunders Mayor of Toronto, candidate for Reeve of East York defeated by True Davidson...Alderman for East York Ward 1 1974 (with him running and David Johnson incumbent, I decided not to run that year, the end of my short and unconspicuous political career) under Willis Blair then finally mayor of East York 1976

Last edited:
Here I'll give you a name going way back Leslie Saunders Mayor of Toronto ...
Ah, the incumbent who lost out to Nathan Phillips (first Jewish mayor) by running on the slogan "Leslie Saunders, Protestant".

You know, when you start digging into Toronto's history, it does kind of jump out at you how many really bad and/or racist mayors we've had.

Ah, the incumbent who lost out to Nathan Phillips (first Jewish mayor) by running on the slogan "Leslie Saunders, Protestant".

You know, when you start digging into Toronto's history, it does kind of jump out at you how many really bad and/or racist mayors we've had.

It's a good thing all of our police chiefs have been above reproach.

Since it is this time of the year I will call this "black-catty" of SAL:

Cronyism begins with Tory's transition team
"Oh my. When I saw the assorted "yes men and women," er ... cronies, er ... advisers, on the John Tory transition team, I thought I'd been put in a time machine and sent back to the Mel Lastman era, circa 2001..."
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/29/cronyism-begins-with-torys-transition-team

Nothing about Tory is ever going to meet with SAL's approval - might as well get used to it now. Others have said the team had too many people sympathetic to Tory's ideas, not enough diversity, etc. If anything, Ford's transition team (which had fewer members) was an even smaller tent. And I'm not sure SAL was really that critical of the Lastman team at the time either.

I can remember back then to my grandmother chortling away "It is the end of Orange Toronto" and that "It always rains on the Orangmen's Parade because God was angry at them."

I can remember back then to my grandmother chortling away "It is the end of Orange Toronto" and that "It always rains on the Orangmen's Parade because God was angry at them."

This city started going to shit as soon as you Catholics got the vote...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back