8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why did he run for Ward 2?

As a placeholder for Mikey? You know, returning the favour from earlier this year? Genuine Ford Replacement Parts, and all that?

Given Dougly is "needed" at Deco, Rob's not doing it for him, or is he?

If you follow Mutey on Twitter, he seems to be committed to being a trustee, which could all be an act.

I don't see what the big deal is that Rob's mom and Randy and his wife and daughter were there. It was a family event. Shelley Carroll brought her dad. Where's the uproar in that? I'm sure other councillor's brought their families, as well.

My question is, why was Josh Matlow so grumpy? He didn't smile and barely acknowledged Tory when he got up to shake his hand. He looked disinterested the entire time he was there, he left the chambers rather quickly as the meeting concluded. I wonder what's up.

I don't see what the big deal is that Rob's mom and Randy and his wife and daughter were there. It was a family event. Shelley Carroll brought her dad. Where's the uproar in that? I'm sure other councillor's brought their families, as well.

Given previous histories, any family with self-respect should avoid the council chambers. Shelley Carroll isn't the one who brought disgrace to the institution. It's not the Toronto Zoo.

AoD

OTOH, Mikey May realize there's no future in hanging tight with his uncles, and is going to make the most of this opportunity. He's now the incumbent and has Name Recognition - now proven to be absolute gold in city politics, no matter how well publicized. The trustee spot is now his to lose in four years. Not so certain for another election in 6-12 months in a different role.

So, uh, any Councillor can just strut in with their entourage/family in tow? What is this, Hollywood? There are no rules against this? Why am I not surprised? And but of course, the supposedly liberal Toronto media falls all over themselves to cover this latest self-aggrandizing Ford garbage as if it's actual news. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous. After everything they've put the city through, this inbred clan of goons should be reluctant to even show their faces in public. Who the hell do these people think they are?

My question is, why was Josh Matlow so grumpy? He didn't smile and barely acknowledged Tory when he got up to shake his hand. He looked disinterested the entire time he was there, he left the chambers rather quickly as the meeting concluded. I wonder what's up.

Where was Kathy? Smoking crack in her basement?

The constant chatter in the media and on websites like this keep pushing the Fords to the top of everyone's gossip pile. Why is there still a Rob Ford thread? That thread should be shut down and the focus should be on the new Mayor and Council

Last edited:
So, uh, any Councillor can just strut in with their entourage/family in tow? What is this, Hollywood? There are no rules against this? Why am I not surprised? And but of course, the supposedly liberal Toronto media falls all over themselves to cover this latest self-aggrandizing Ford garbage as if it's actual news. :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous. After everything they've put the city through, this inbred clan of goons should be reluctant to even show their faces in public. Who the hell do these people think they are?

I read on the Twitter that each councillor gets a limited number of tickets for family members to attend the ceremony. Staying away would have been the classy thing to do, but alas, Rob has never shown any class, so no surprise there.
Poor Kathy, has anyone seen Kathy lately?

The constant chatter in the media and on websites like this keep pushing the Fords to the top of everyone's gossip pile. Why is there still a Rob Ford thread? That thred should be shut down and the focus should be on the new Mayor and Council

Feel free not to post, so you don't add to the chatter. Somehow I doubt what we're doing here is driving the media.

You'd think they'd have better taste, but OTOH tickets for the first meeting are given to councilors for family and friends.

I had no idea Rob Ford was battling cancer--gosh, you learn something new everyday. Thanks Doug for letting us know... again.

I like how he suggests it's one of Rob's priorities, as if there are others. Like he'll just finish beating this hard-to-treat, non-responsive cancer and then he can get around to some other important stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back