News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad has lung cancer and has gained weight. Some of you are incredibly insensitive given the nature of the disease.

Stop hiding behind cancer and using it to justify bad behaviour - it is truly annoying to the rest of us with rather intimate (and multiple, I might add) experiences with the disease. Where is the sensitivity in that?

AoD

Stop hiding behind cancer and using it to justify bad behaviour - it is truly annoying to the rest of us with rather intimate (and multiple, I might add) experiences with the disease. Where is the sensitivity in that?

AoD

What the hell are you talking about?

Some of you (not you specifically) were saying that Rob Ford is faking his cancer.. I mean for God's sake... There have been NUMEROUS doctors that have gone on record to speak about his treatment, this is not a joke and the man could very well die.

You insinuated that it is odd that he gained weight during chemo.. I brought a very real example of my dad going through aggressive chemo (3 bags daily, 3 times a week with a 3 week break in between) and he gained weight. Some people react differently to the drugs.. Who knows, I'm not a doctor (and neither are any of you).

So please, get over yourself, asshole.

What the hell are you talking about?

Some of you (not you specifically) were saying that Rob Ford is faking his cancer.. I mean for God's sake... There have been NUMEROUS doctors that have gone on record to speak about his treatment, this is not a joke and the man could very well die.

You insinuated that it is odd that he gained weight during chemo.. I brought a very real example of my dad going through aggressive chemo (3 bags daily, 3 times a week with a 3 week break in between) and he gained weight. Some people react differently to the drugs.. Who knows, I'm not a doctor (and neither are any of you).

So please, get over yourself, asshole.

I don't think he is faking it, nor that it isn't necessarily deadly - but to use it to justify poor behaviour and gain political advantage? Sorry that doesn't get a pass from me, being labelled an a**hole or otherwise.

As to my original comment - it was a neutral statement of fact - not meant as an interpretation that he is "faking it".

And if you want to talk about being an a**hole, please reconcile how he ranted on and on about we cannot afford medicare while, at the end of the day being a direct beneficiary of such himself? Not just regular medicare - but tertiary, quaternary care at the highest level of excellence. So in essence he doesn't believe we should pay for the kind of healthcare that he is currently getting.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

A*hole and sensitivity you say? Someone certainly couldn't give a damn about it.

AoD

Last edited:
I think dforth had it right - that Hotmail Lawyer was at the hospital on diagnosis day to pick up the get-out-of-jail free note. They could have reasonably told Ford to take it easy, not expecting him to subsequently head out to parades and Leafs games.

It would be very satisfying to see Ford caught in a big lie in front of a judge about whether he's able to testify in court, but I have a feeling that's not how it works.

If Hotmail Lawyer got a letter from a doctor advising Ford not to do certain things, for the benefit of his health, how specific could it be? Like, 'he should not be asked questions in a room in front of many people, but he's okay to go out and carouse'?

It's interesting. A judge gets to decide whether it's completely acceptable to lie to the courts.

I'm no lawyer but i do watch some on T.V..I get the feeling judges are careful not to allow anything to cause grounds for appeal. Ignoring medical advice could fall into that
category? Whatthe? (We should be paying you)

Paging Whatthe:

I've been curious about why the Crown is presenting letters from Rob's doctors, seeking to excuse him from testifying. Are they required to do so as a matter of process? Rob's lawyer would have to make an application for standing in the proceeding if he were to do it himself, no? Perhaps presenting the letters on behalf of Rob is simply a matter of making the process go faster, with no other motive. If the Crown doesn't want him to testify now, they don't have to call him. After all, the defence doesn't usually present evidence at a prelim (unless they are trying to do something tactical with a potential witness, I suppose).

Also, I'm liking this theory that Rob's lawyer got the doctor letters around the time of his diagnosis. Surely the doctors would have said he needs to take it easy, not knowing that he would carry on as he does. It would great if we could see the dates on those letters.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.42.48 AM.png

ETA: That would be this:

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.50.17 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.42.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.42.48 AM.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 557
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.50.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 11.50.17 AM.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:
I don't think he is faking it, nor that it isn't necessarily deadly - but to use it to justify poor behaviour and gain political advantage? Sorry that doesn't get a pass from me, being labelled an a**hole or otherwise.

As to my original comment - it was a neutral statement of fact - not meant as an interpretation that he is "faking it".

And if you want to talk about being an a**hole, please reconcile how he ranted on and on about we cannot afford medicare while, at the end of the day being a direct beneficiary of such himself? Not just regular medicare - but tertiary, quaternary care at the highest level of excellence. So in essence he doesn't believe we should pay for the kind of healthcare that he is currently getting.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dai...ses-publicly-funded-healthcare-194317264.html

A*hole and sensitivity you say? Someone certainly couldn't give a damn about it.

AoD

The man is an asshole, I agree - but let's leave his medical problems where they belong, between him and his doctors.

If he is using his sickness as a political tool, then karma will bite him in the ass and may very well cost him his life, but that's neither here nor there.

The man is an asshole, I agree - but let's leave his medical problems where they belong, between him and his doctors.

If he is using his sickness as a political tool, then karma will bite him in the ass and may very well cost him his life, but that's neither here nor there.

He is a public figure, to some extent his disease is something that the public needs to be aware of. You can't wheel your diagnosis in and out like some pushcart of opportunism and not expect questions - or expect such questions to be answered. Whether karma bites him or not is irrelevant - I am more interested in justice in the temporal world being served to its' fullest extent.

And yes, coming from a family with a running history of cancer, I am very, very annoyed by his hypocrisy and how he used it as a get out of jail card (pardon the pun) while other families with grimmer diagnosis or lesser financial whereabouts couldn't gain access to resources they need - resources that are being wasted on him as per his job.

AoD

Last edited:
If he is using his sickness as a political tool, then karma will bite him in the ass and may very well cost him his life...

But karma sure does take her sweet time doesn't she? I expected the karma police to show up years ago, throw a sack over Rob & Doug and drag them off into the night but it never seems to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back