News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"On more than one occasion, Security allowed the former Mayor to use an entrance
to exit from the underground parking lot, in order to leave City Hall without
encountering waiting media. On one of those occasions, a security guard covered a
security video camera recording the mayor while he walked, reportedly intoxicated,
to his car."

Hmm... security allowed him to drive home intoxicated? Great.

"On more than one occasion, Security allowed the former Mayor to use an entrance
encountering waiting media. On one of those occasions, a security guard covered a
security video camera recording the mayor while he walked, reportedly intoxicated,
to his car."

I think Ford naturally connects well with big, strong meathead types. That's how he was able to get security to do these things for him.

Hysterical as in funny, or hysterical as in displaying signs of hysteria? ;)

I do find it interesting that Flagg (never a stickler for consistency) salutes Jenner's transition (I guess it's the athlete aspect that sold Mr Poster Warehouse on it) whereas Flagg's hero Ford is confused about, and opposed to, transgender people on some kind of principle.

Flagg unsurprisingly distorts the history of the PAG regarding the politics of the host nations. The Santiago games were cancelled more because of political instability than any decision by the Pinochet administration; efforts to organize the S. Paulo games were financially mismanaged (not something Flagg is willing to admit to if he admires the right-wing military govt of the day) AND there was a meningitis epidemic going on.

No mention of the 1983 Caracas games, when Venezuela's centre-right government was borrowing itself into a big hole of international debt.

Ford himself initially was a big booster of the PAG here, crowing to the media about how many jobs it would create, how much investment, etc. That was right after his trip to Guadalajara, so I guess he still had a bit of a tequila buzz going before he decided it was actually a huge waste of money.

And it's funny how everyone who has decided that the PAG are a huge waste of money by definition never talks about how Winnipeg managed to make a $8 million surplus on theirs in 1999.

Last edited:
to his car."

Some of his staff seem pretty ethically compromised: 'Let's not file a report. Let's get rid of that brandy bottle. Let's let him drive out through the taxi entrance. Yeah, I filmed the protesters, but I deleted the video, but I can't tell you when I deleted it'.

And that special assistant is 'special' all right.

Whoops! Still, not bad.

For all intents and purposes I'd consider that a rounding error (breakeven in other words).

Some of his staff seem pretty ethically compromised: 'Let's not file a report. Let's get rid of that brandy bottle. Let's let him drive out through the taxi entrance. Yeah, I filmed the protesters, but I deleted the video, but I can't tell you when I deleted it'.

And that special assistant is 'special' all right.

It's pretty clear that he bullied staff into not following operational procedures and handpicked the loyal one as personal bodyguard. Heads need to roll over this one.

AoD

So what do you think's the deal with Fiona Crean--is she just too good at her job or do councillors have legit issues with her?

Giving councillors the power to approve/deny terms is like asking a wolf to guard the henhouse - there is a fundamental conflict of interest.

AoD

Hysterical as in funny, or hysterical as in displaying signs of hysteria? ;)

I do find it interesting that Flagg (never a stickler for consistency) salutes Jenner's transition (I guess it's the athlete aspect that sold Mr Poster Warehouse on it) whereas Flagg's hero Ford is confused about, and opposed to, transgender people on some kind of principle.

Flagg unsurprisingly distorts the history of the PAG regarding the politics of the host nations. The Santiago games were cancelled more because of political instability than any decision by the Pinochet administration; efforts to organize the S. Paulo games were financially mismanaged (not something Flagg is willing to admit to if he admires the right-wing military govt of the day) AND there was a meningitis epidemic going on.

No mention of the 1983 Caracas games, when Venezuela's centre-right government was borrowing itself into a big hole of international debt.

Ford himself initially was a big booster of the PAG here, crowing to the media about how many jobs it would create, how much investment, etc. That was right after his trip to Guadalajara, so I guess he still had a bit of a tequila buzz going before he decided it was actually a huge waste of money.

And it's funny how everyone who has decided that the PAG are a huge waste of money by definition never talks about how Winnipeg managed to make a $8 million surplus on theirs in 1999.

Yet his central premise that the PAG are a ridiculous waste of money is entirely correct.

Agreed. I'm in favour of decriminalizing weed, partly so the courts and cops don't spend so much time on small-time scumbags like Lisi. He should go down for the extortion charge.

I'm in agreement that weed should be legal. But it's not, and since that's the case, I see no reason whatsoever why Ford (and his retainers/henchmen like Lisi) should be treated less harshly than any average citizen nailed by the Law, especially given his well documented views about Lawnorder. Live by the sword and all that...

Robbie loves (loved?) barrelling physically through and over people who are in his way, it reminds him of the glory days of college football, except this time he is not shining a bench with his ass.

Never forget that Ford is primarily an overgrown schoolyard bully. He gets off on stomping all over people, especially those he considers to be weaker than he is, or whom he perceives as 'enemies.'

It may have appeared that it was Robbie's choice to use the back entrance but IMO he was hiding something, or just doing it for the media attention. The Ford brothers are attention whores. The promotion of the Ford brand as much as possible is paramount.

Oh, attention definitely. That and the aforementioned need to smite his enemies. He may well have been hiding something, but the first 2 points would take precedence over anything else.

Yet his central premise that the PAG are a ridiculous waste of money is entirely correct.

A stopped clock is still right twice a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back