News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wore a black track suit on Tuesday, so he as at least two of them.
The black track suit must be the more formal of the two as I believe that's the one he wore to Dougfest last week. :p
The track suits don't bug me as much as comfort is important to recovery (although there's probably other "comfort" clothes out there that are more presentable). I'm more bothered by those awful stretch-necked T-shirts that should be limited to sleepwear or mowing the grass before spending their final days cut up under the sink waiting to distribute and wipe up cleaning products.

New track suit today I believe...or is this the same as the black one from the other day?

CJe7HtYXAAA-vGz.jpg

The media's obsession with what Ford is wearing is annoying me. Mammoliti isn't wearing a suit today. But, of course, Don Peat and others aren't tweeting about that.

"I think the truth is that not all is well with him healthwise, but I'm just speculating."

I agree. Rob has made a number of statements about the positive side of his treatment/recovery process, the latest being his comments about good progress in healing from his surgery. But as far as I can tell, he's said almost nothing about factors that affect his longer term outlook, such as whether his surgeons were able to get good margins when they removed his tumor or what information they got back from his lymph node samples. If those were positive reports, I imagine Rob would talk about them. The only comment I've heard from him was along the lines of "if it comes back, it comes back. You can't waste your whole life worrying about it." This is all speculation on my part, but I think his relative silence on some topics suggests that he remains at considerable risk for recurrence.

The Sun felt the need to make the HOV thing a front page story. You can see at City Hall how Ford has media wrapped around his finger. To normal people yesterday's comments make him look like a buffoon, but to his base they make him seem more real.

CJeAEuhUkAAGgb-.jpg
Yes, a real honest to goodness asshole.

His eyes have always had that deranged look. When he speaks, he doesn't make eye contact, he rolls his eyes around, blinks a lot, and often speaks with them closed.

According to Wikipedia:
Eye aversion and mental processing[edit]
In one study conducted by British psychologists from the University of Stirling[16] among 20 British children at the age five, researchers concluded that among the children in the study, the children who avoid eye contact while considering their responses to questions are more likely to answer correctly than children who maintain eye contact. While humans obtain useful information from looking at the face when listening to someone, the process of looking at faces is mentally demanding and takes processing. Therefore, it may be unhelpful to look at faces when trying to concentrate and process something else that's mentally demanding.[17] Contrary to this, Doherty-Sneddon suggests that a blank stare indicates a lack of understanding.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_contact#Eye_aversion_and_mental_processing

I think this describes Robbie quite well.

His eyes have always had that deranged look. When he speaks, he doesn't make eye contact, he rolls his eyes around, blinks a lot, and often speaks with them closed.

Ya, that's one thing I noticed when I interviewed him. He stares at the wall, floor or out the window when going on his rants. The second our eyes lock he awkwardly looks away again. I think the writer who profiled him in Toronto Life a few years ago noted the same thing. It's not like I want him to gaze into my eyes but he can't even look you in the eye for more than a second. It's really weird!

How dare the GO buses use the HOV lanes, when he was using them. See link.

GO Transit buses benefiting from Pan Am HOV rules
'There are benefits you can’t ignore,' police say of new highway rules

The transit agency said bus routes that were averaging 15-20 minute delays last month are now consistently arriving on time or even early in some cases.

Maybe City Hall should give Rob a blue light, so he can use the roads the way he wants to. Like in Russia. (Or a blue bucket, see link).
storypic-3-pregnant.jpg

How dare the GO buses use the HOV lanes, when he was using them. See link.

Maybe we should think about making some permanent.

Maybe City Hall should give Rob a blue light, so he can use the roads the way he wants to. Like in Russia. (Or a blue bucket, see link).
storypic-3-pregnant.jpg

Robbie Ford, blue light special! :p

Last edited:
about robbie's eye closing, etc.... to me, it seems he only does that when he's high. there are videos of him speaking to reporters without all the eye closing and fluttering... when i do see it happening, i feel i know he's high... and i don't mean on pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back