News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you have been keeping up with all the developments throughout the day on this story but it now appears - without a shadow of doubt - that the allegations by Thomson were a total fabrication and that at no time did Ford touch Thomson in an inappropriate way. In other words it is almost certain that Ford is the victim of an ugly smear campaign. Another thing that should be noted is Ford did not drink alcohol at the event. If anyone was drunk it was Thomson in fact she still sounded inebriated when she was interviewed on NewsTalk 1010 at 6:00 AM in the morning!

Some things to consider is if she was actually grabbed in the ass wouldn't she have had an immediate involuntary reflex reaction? I would probably jump a foot off the floor if this happened to me. Also if this really did happen how could Thomson even be sure that it was Ford's hand unless she has eyes in the back of her head?

Yep, the Thomson smear campaign sure got into high gear quick. Well done, Peepers et al.

I don't know if you have been keeping up with all the developments throughout the day on this story but it now appears - without a shadow of doubt - that the allegations by Thomson were a total fabrication and that at no time did Ford touch Thomson in an inappropriate way. In other words it is almost certain that Ford is the victim of an ugly smear campaign. Another thing that should be noted is Ford did not drink alcohol at the event. If anyone was drunk it was Thomson in fact she still sounded inebriated when she was interviewed on NewsTalk 1010 at 6:00 AM in the morning!

Some things to consider is if she was actually grabbed in the ass wouldn't she have had an immediate involuntary reflex reaction? I would probably jump a foot off the floor if this happened to me. Also if this really did happen how could Thomson even be sure that it was Ford's hand unless she has eyes in the back of her head?

lol "without a shadow of doubt"! How does something "appear" to be "without a shadow of doubt"? You use a word that implies subjectivity and the unreliability of perspective - appears - and then go on to drop a phrase from a 1970s court drama intending to underline the "total" incontrovertibility of the conclusion you've made. You've baked your intellectual dishonesty right into your diction.

And anyway, what were these developments that you're talking about? Some fellow schmoozer who had one eye on Thomson's ass and one eye on Ford's hand the whole night? Did he touch her at the exact moment in time when the photo was taken? Is her not smiling somehow proof that Ford didn't do anything up that point? Why? Is there some law of human behaviour over which she has no control that proves her wrong?

I dislike Thomson, but your defence of Ford is risible. You're so emotionally invested in this guy that you sat down to convince yourself - by your use and misuse of language - that this man must be the victim. And you're really so unsure despite your prior insistence that you even register the laughable skepticism, "how could she know whose hand it was?" Oh those stealth ass-squeezers! Were there any little people at the party?

lol, just lol at your indignant defence of this uncouth moron.

I'm sure I will get labeled as a sexist monster, but I don't care. What Ford did was highly inappropriate, I am not denying that. But is it really worth getting the police and courts involved? It is 2013, are women still such delicate flowers that we have to make a capital case out of an unwanted advance?

From what I gather, and maybe I missed something, he squeezed her ass and made a move on her while drunk. It is not as if he tried to strip her naked and rape her on the spot or anything. Pretty sure most of us have tried to make moves on someone we shouldn't have, or done other stupid shit while enjoying too much to drink. And yes, I am aware they are both married.

That said, I think it is time Ford seriously considered getting some help regarding his alcohol intake, if not quit cold turkey. When your drinking gets you kicked out of sporting events and potentially causes serious harm to your marriage (not to mention other unproven allegations), it is time to stop. But this is not a serious enough offense to get the law involved.
Both Ford, Ford's people, and Thomson all agree that Rob Ford was completely sober.

Not sure how alcohol would be a defence though, if this happened.

Both Ford, Ford's people, and Thomson all agree that Rob Ford was completely sober.

Seriously, if he's not drunk in that pick, I'm going to chime in with Adma. Is he seriously ill? That's not just an unflattering picture. He looks completely gone. If that's not the case, what is causing him to look like that?

When interviewed, she said he seemed to be on something, so no, she didn't agree he was completely sober

Politically, Thomson is nearly as conservative as Ford. Why is it that some Fordites think this a leftist consipiracy?

Considering Ford's history of deny and lie, when confronted with a truth that might hurt is image, I'm inclined to believe Thomson.

Politically, Thomson is nearly as conservative as Ford. Why is it that some Fordites think this a leftist consipiracy?

Considering Ford's history of deny and lie, when confronted with a truth that might hurt is image, I'm inclined to believe Thomson.

I thought Thomson ran for the Liberals - not the Conservatives.

One thing no-one has mentioned is the other scandal in this situation. Ford is again trying to collect money for charity. Obviously, all people in attendance, and any who were told about the fundraiser, where presured into donating to the charity. Once again - a conflict of interest.

If Ford is a loose cannon, Thomson seems like a loose popgun. I'm afraid this is going to be one more incident that becomes something that won't stick to Ford and becomes another chapter in his supporters' narrative that he is under petty attack by entrenched interests threatened by his cleansing agenda. I don't like the man, think he's a sorry fool who lies and denies all his pathetic missteps, so I have a natural side to pick in this story. I'm quite certain that he did something rude and obnoxious and totally inexcusable for someone in his position, showing her who is boss after she sent him a snarky email a couple weeks back, but Thomson is a personality who will be easily dismissed by those forty-something percent of the voters sympathetic to the Mayor.

Welcome to Toronto! Sadly we don't look like we're in a good position to improve things for 2014.

Last edited:
If this is a untrue allegation (and it seems fairly improbable given the facts and circumstances) then I worry that the continued stream of either percieved irrelevant (my word choice granted) conflicts of interest problems and now this untrue allegations is going to diminish the factual inappropriateness that is Mayor Ford. It is kind of a Berlusconi effect where many people just take for granted that negative news is all political and disregard it. Ford doesnt need help making himself seem unfit as a leader. His opponents would do much better to provide real alternative leadership and policy ideas.

If Thomson was assulted, why would she send her companion to recieve the same?

If she wasn't treated inappropriately, why would she imagine that her companion might be?

Perhaps because she stated otherwise.

Perhaps because she stated otherwise.

Huh? That makes NO sense. Work through the process flowchart on that -- what are you saying? That she's setting her friend up to NOT get groped, knowing that she personally was not groped? Or she got groped, but wants to give Robbie a second chance to not grope? (But, since you don't believe she was groped...) Please, explain what you're trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back