News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coalition of Conservative voters = Neil Flagg, his bro, some other guy. Probably. Wouldn't Doug be pretty much unpalatable to the CPC? I mean, he's never held any office higher than city councillor, he's abrasive, economical with the truth and very likely associated with some nefarious criminal types.

Was the Fords' crashing of the Harper rally some kind of blackmail, or sabotage?

Dougie's favorite not qualified to be a "floor sweeper" comment definitely describes himself so I think they should have a special attack ad where he attacks himself. :p

Coalition of Conservative voters = Neil Flagg, his bro, some other guy. Probably. Wouldn't Doug be pretty much unpalatable to the CPC? I mean, he's never held any office higher than city councillor, he's abrasive, economical with the truth and very likely associated with some nefarious criminal types.

Was the Fords' crashing of the Harper rally some kind of blackmail, or sabotage?

Yes, I don't see them letting Doug go for it, especially in rebuilding mode. As for the rally, they just wanted some attention.

Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 11.56.46 AM.png

Remember this? Turned out to be a web page created by the kindly son of yet another cranky old farmer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 11.56.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 11.56.46 AM.png
    597.4 KB · Views: 290
I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
29 mins · Edited ·
Tory, Wynne, Trudeau: all ran on a campaign that included, in greater or lesser parts, "Hate Ford and his Nation". We've touched a nerve, people. They use and abuse us because we are the only effective principled movement in non-left-wing circles right now. Keep the faith and do everything you can to avoid the punishment they're about to inflict on us taxpayers.

50 years after "Diefenbaker French", we could have "Doug Ford French".

Conspiracy theory: The weekend rally was all a plot by Doug to ensure Harper's defeat so he could run for leader!

Not too far off, IMO. Doug wasn't trying to bring Harper down, but he was definitely using the opportunity to position himself as some kind of force in the party. Maybe not it's leader, but there is an agenda at work.

Not too far off, IMO. Doug wasn't trying to bring Harper down, but he was definitely using the opportunity to position himself as some kind of force in the party. Maybe not it's leader, but there is an agenda at work.

Yup - recall his involvement in the post-Hudak leadership process. I think he fancies himself as an influencer (with gawd knows what payback from those who benefits from his "draw") than an actual hands on leader.

It'd be amusing to see how Jason Kenney reacts to whichever leadership aspirant sleeping with Doug. It'd be bloody.

AoD

Like with my folks, there were a few people on my Facebook page who said seeing Harper campaigning with the Fords was the final thing to convinced them to vote Liberal. Guess that backfired. What was he thinking?

I imagine it might even have looked worse to other parts of the country. The Fords' very limited appeal is essentially centered around one suburb in one city, a city that's often despised by other sections of Canada's conservative populace. I'm thinking a certain amount of anti-Toronto sentiment might have combined with the Ford Brothers' general sleaziness (and out-and-out criminality) to turn off a lot of people who were wavering in their support that otherwise would have gone to the CPC. That's one of the first things I thought might happen when Harper actually decided to embrace the Fords for the supposed electoral gain it would have brought him, and I'm no great political thinker. I can't imagine this wouldn't have occurred to Harper's advisers as well, so, yeah, what were he/they thinking?

Meanwhile, the Toronto-based reactionaries who did vote Tory because of Harper cuddling up to Slob and Thug would have almost certainly voted for the Tories anyway. So, what did Harper really gain in legitimizing the two brutes by campaigning with them?

I imagine it might even have looked worse to other parts of the country. The Fords' very limited appeal is essentially centered around one suburb in one city, a city that's often despised by other sections of Canada's conservative populace. I'm thinking a certain amount of anti-Toronto sentiment might have combined with the Ford Brothers' general sleaziness (and out-and-out criminality) to turn off a lot of people who were wavering in their support that otherwise would have gone to the CPC. That's one of the first things I thought might happen when Harper actually decided to embrace the Fords for the supposed electoral gain it would have brought him, and I'm no great political thinker. I can't imagine this wouldn't have occurred to Harper's advisers as well, so, yeah, what were he/they thinking?

Meanwhile, the Toronto-based reactionaries who did vote Tory because of Harper cuddling up to Slob and Thug would have almost certainly voted for the Tories anyway. So, what did Harper really gain in legitimizing the two brutes by campaigning with them?
The only rational explanation is that Harper self-immolated on purpose to clear the decks for a rebuild and figured he might as well take doug down with him.

Is Rob Ford slowly getting back into slicking his hair back? I noticed when he was mayor some days he would do that and other days he wouldn't. I always wondered if that meant something. Maybe not. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back