Status
Not open for further replies.
rob pinup books.JPG

https://twitter.com/erikmissio/status/685273856991342593

Attachments

• rob pinup books.JPG
    rob pinup books.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 452
Rob went in for chemo on Wednesday morning and—if the proof-of-life photo Dan Jacobs posted from the hospital is any indication—hadn't even been hooked up to his IV by 1:42 on Wednesday afternoon.

But now, according to his preternaturally active Twitter account, he's attending a TRCA meeting on Friday morning (he's a member of the board.)

Screen shot 2016-01-08 at 10.59.35 AM.png

What I've learned of chemotherapy, mostly in this thread, is that you're supposed to spend roughly a week on the juice and then three weeks flushing it out at home and generally feeling too horrible to work. In fact, on Wednesday, Dan Jacobs effectively confirmed this regimen to CP24, which reported that "Ford's spokesperson Dan Jacobs says the Ward 2 councillor will be discharged next week and is hoping to attend Community Council on Jan. 19."

http://www.cp24.com/news/rob-ford-returns-to-hospital-for-new-round-of-chemo-1.2725578

The long and short of all this is that I don't think Rob got his chemo on Wednesday!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-01-08 at 10.59.35 AM.png
    Screen shot 2016-01-08 at 10.59.35 AM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
It all depends on your chemo -- my mom went to chemo once a week, felt rotten the next day and did her normal activities the other five days of the week. I have a friend who is also on a weekly regimen, although her chemo (and cancer) are different and it pretty much knocks her out for days -- she probably gets one good day a week. I have another friend who went three times a week for six weeks and that was pretty much her life for those six weeks, she really wasn't up to anything else.

What we've learned about Rob is that he's often "planning" to be at some meeting -especially at budget time - and when he doesn't make it its "cuz cancer. This tells people his spirit in it, but also hits the sympathy buttons. Hell, if he spends an hour in his office is broadcast as Breaking News. He's a bloody Councillor - shouldn't he be there or on actual sick leave?

It all depends on your chemo -- my mom went to chemo once a week, felt rotten the next day and did her normal activities the other five days of the week. I have a friend who is also on a weekly regimen, although her chemo (and cancer) are different and it pretty much knocks her out for days -- she probably gets one good day a week. I have another friend who went three times a week for six weeks and that was pretty much her life for those six weeks, she really wasn't up to anything else.

I understand it can vary from case to case, but to this point, from what we've been told, Robbie's regimen has been pretty consistent. But most importantly, from Dan Jacob's statement, that regimen was what he and Ford were expecting when they arrived at the hospital on Wednesday.

So, why the last minute change?

What we've learned about Rob is that he's often "planning" to be at some meeting -especially at budget time - and when he doesn't make it its "cuz cancer. This tells people his spirit in it, but also hits the sympathy buttons. Hell, if he spends an hour in his office is broadcast as Breaking News. He's a bloody Councillor - shouldn't he be there or on actual sick leave?

If it's any consolation, he was probably late. He tweeted that at 9:04 AM, and the meeting started at 9:30.

http://www.trca.on.ca/events/event.dot?id=200088

Oh boy, there's also a per diem, plus mileage! I wonder if he claims it.

Let's not give his Twitter account too much attention, or else we turn him into Norm Kelly...

I understand it can vary from case to case, but to this point, from what we've been told, Robbie's regimen has been pretty consistent. But most importantly, from Dan Jacob's statement, that regimen was what he and Ford were expecting when they arrived at the hospital on Wednesday.

So, why the last minute change?

I was thinking about that too. Sounds like something has changed, could be as simple as his blood count being too low for another dose right now.

If it's any consolation, he was probably late. He tweeted that at 9:04 AM, and the meeting started at 9:30.

http://www.trca.on.ca/events/event.dot?id=200088

Oh boy, there's also a per diem, plus mileage! I wonder if he claims it.

Meh, give it a few months - attendence will be reported in the minutes of the meeting.

I was thinking about that too. Sounds like something has changed, could be as simple as his blood count being too low for another dose right now.

Yup. Stick him with the Neupogen or Neulasta.

AoD

Last edited:
Could be anything. I'll bet Rob's what docs call a "non-compliant" patient. And complexity bores him.

Could be anything. I'll bet Rob's what docs call a "non-compliant" patient. And complexity bores him.

That might explain why he takes a member of his staff along to the hospital for these appointments, instead of his family. Because I sure wouldn't tell my boss to listen to his doctor, knowing full well he'd likely fire me.

And you just can't fire family. I know; I've tried.

My friend on chemo had bloodwork a few days before each session to assess platelet levels - if they were too low, chemo was postponed for a week.

My friend on chemo had bloodwork a few days before each session to assess platelet levels - if they were too low, chemo was postponed for a week.

They usually get the results the same morning as treatment so you don't know until you get there. It happened once with my late husband's treatment, he had to wait a week for his numbers to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back