News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt died from her cancer yesterday. Lung cancer that spread all over her body, including to her brain. Brutal way to go.

Even though she quit smoking a few years ago it caught up with her. Hopefully my mother in law is in the clear as she smoked just as heavily.

Condolences. I hope she was able to at least some of the things she would have liked to do before her passing.

The latest:

Love you daddy for being a good man. Now my husband and father are in heaven together. Lost two very important men in my live in one week. God take care of them. Love you so much. Renata Ford.

Yikes. You can't help but feel sympathetic to her in this case. Can't be great for her mental health.

AoD

Yeah, it kind of confuses me, too--but Forest Hill *does* go N of Eglinton as well; and that part, extending into the panhandle to the Allen Road, is by and large newer (and more Jewish). Yet that doesn't explain SAL being *south* of Eg; could that be related to Cedarvale, or something that "affiliates" itself with Forest Hill on "status" grounds? Certainly explains her past obsessions with the Eglinton Crosstown construction...

I've heard of the part north of Eglinton being known as Allenby. Forest Hill, to my mind, is largely south of Eglinton and north of St Clair - pretty much all those long north-south roads like Forest Hill, Old Forest Hill, Russell Hill and a few that get cut off by Chaplin and/or the Belt Line.

As for how SAL ended up there, well, that's kind of an interesting story. There was a dispute about the use of a disabled parking space that CTV reported on and a neighbour complained about his house being identifiable on TV. In the course of investigating the story, SAL met Denise, one of the occupants of the house with the disabled space ... which turned out not to be used by any disabled person at all. There's a Canadian Broadcast Standards Council ruling that mentions SAL moving in with her, in passing.

Yeah, that's why it's slightly ironic that she gets so exercised about stuff like that condo/retail project in Riverdale with the car dealerships, as if she really cares about that part of town. But I thought Forest Hill was south of Eglinton? Never heard it called New Forest before.

Yeah, it kind of confuses me, too--but Forest Hill *does* go N of Eglinton as well; and that part, extending into the panhandle to the Allen Road, is by and large newer (and more Jewish). Yet that doesn't explain SAL being *south* of Eg; could that be related to Cedarvale, or something that "affiliates" itself with Forest Hill on "status" grounds? Certainly explains her past obsessions with the Eglinton Crosstown construction...

I've heard of the part north of Eglinton being known as Allenby. Forest Hill, to my mind, is largely south of Eglinton and north of St Clair - pretty much all those long north-south roads like Forest Hill, Old Forest Hill, Russell Hill and a few that get cut off by Chaplin and/or the Belt Line.

As for how SAL ended up there, well, that's kind of an interesting story. There was a dispute about the use of a disabled parking space that CTV reported on and a neighbour complained about his house being identifiable on TV. In the course of investigating the story, SAL met Denise, one of the occupants of the house with the disabled space ... which turned out not to be used by any disabled person at all. There's a Canadian Broadcast Standards Council ruling that mentions SAL moving in with her, in passing.

Sorry for the confusion, “New Forest” is more a description of a community/distinction. I don’t like SAL but I’m not willing to give her exact address although she has tipped off it’s area in articles.

I don’t like SAL but I’m not willing to give her exact address although she has tipped off it’s area in articles.

I'm not either, but suffice it to say when she was complaining about the noise/vibration caused by Crosstown TBMs it was several weeks after they had passed by.

I haven't seen this posted here yet.

How the Late Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Made Progressives Cruel

"His failings, couched in the language of suffering, illness, or even joie de vivre, might have been humanizing, but in Ford they were the proof of his ideology’s rottenness, and therefore fair game. At the same time, the way that I, my liberal friends, and various left-leaning commentators treated him revealed the duplicity of our liberalism. [...] The humanists refused to humanize him."

I don't think that's fair. I think what the author failed to take into account is that, had Ford shown an ounce of contrition for his hateful and divisive rhetoric and hypocritical criminality - had he shown an iota of compassion for others challenged by addictions - had he not fought so hard to see people punished for engaging in the same behaviours as him - people would have rallied behind him. Or at least been sympathetic to his struggles.

The exact boundaries can be seen on google maps. Allenby would be that small area north of Eglinton and west of Avenue Rd

Screen shot 2016-04-07 at 3.18.09 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-04-07 at 3.18.09 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-07 at 3.18.09 PM.png
    377.4 KB · Views: 471

"His failings, couched in the language of suffering, illness, or even joie de vivre, might have been humanizing, but in Ford they were the proof of his ideology’s rottenness, and therefore fair game. At the same time, the way that I, my liberal friends, and various left-leaning commentators treated him revealed the duplicity of our liberalism. [...] The humanists refused to humanize him."

I don't think that's fair. I think what the author failed to take into account is that, had Ford shown an ounce of contrition for his hateful and divisive rhetoric and hypocritical criminality - had he shown an iota of compassion for others challenged by addictions - had he not fought so hard to see people punished for engaging in the same behaviours as him - people would have rallied behind him. Or at least been sympathetic to his struggles.

Yep. Ford didn't 'make' progressives anything. People could see he was human - all too human, perhaps - but when they asked if he needed help or time to deal with a problem, any problem that he might have had, he shut down and refused to acknowledge anything. He got worse, people tried to offer him an out ... and in a way he showed himself the same compassion he did when he opposed safe injection sites, homeless shelters, homes for people with autism, etc. It was all someone else's problem to be ignored, dismissed or foisted on someone else he didn't like, such as downtowners. People tried to be compassionate towards Ford by reminding him over and over that he could get help, and somehow that concern was and still is seen by Ford supporters as hounding him or prying into his personal life. Well, he got the privacy they so wanted regarding his 'personal' issues, but he didn't deal with any of it until it was too little and far too late.

FWIW -- which is nothing -- I thought this was a ridiculous bit of navel gazing. Kind of embarrassing, in a 'really, dude, that's not Toronto at all' sort of way.

Andray Domise expects to see Krista Ford run in Ward 2 - not Doug or Michael. And that the Fords and their enablers will make allegations of sexism against the "leftist" media soon as she does.

Andray Domise expects to see Krista Ford run in Ward 2 - not Doug or Michael. And that the Fords and their enablers will make allegations of sexism against the "leftist" media soon as she does.

I wish I could say I'm surprised. Why do we even bother to have an election in that ward? Why don't we just pass it along to the next in line and be done with it? IIRC Krista is the one that was tweeting about "dressing like a whore" in relation to the Slut Walk. She doesn't sound any smarter than the rest of the family.

Last edited:
Krista will run for council and Doug for Scarborough-Rouge. But minutes before the deadline Doug will reveal he has chronic OBD* and drop out to run in Ward 2 instead. Krista will then run for treasurer of the Etobicoke B'nai B'rith chapter and win in a landslide

*Obstructive Bullshit Disorder

"IIRC Krista is the one that was tweeting about "dressing like a whore" in relation to the Slut Walk."

"Then, Krista Ford, daughter of Councillor Doug Ford (Ward 2, Etobicoke North) and niece to the mayor, offered up the following pearl of wisdom in regards to how women can avoid assault: “Stay alert, walk tall, carry mace, take self-defense classes & don’t dress like a whore."
http://torontoist.com/2012/08/you-called-me-a-whore/

Regarding this thread. Please don't lock it or change the name. I love it just the way it is. I believe the Mayor of Heaven would have wanted it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back