News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
For better or worse, he's been able to get a lot of the Ford agenda passed--things council would've rejected if Rob was still mayor. Like the Gardner--council would've voted to tear it down if Rob was still in charge.

And conversely, Rob's successes over his first few months were generic "rightward" stuff, i.e. not far from what would have been a "John Tory agenda", had *he* been elected in 2010...

For better or worse, he's been able to get a lot of the Ford agenda passed--things council would've rejected if Rob was still mayor. Like the Gardner--council would've voted to tear it down if Rob was still in charge.

Well, he got Pam McConnell, the ward councillor of the project on side so there is that.

AoD

Well, he got Pam McConnell, the ward councillor of the project on side so there is that.

AoD
Pam was in favour of the Option finally selected only because it was better than the other two on the table. In an ideal world she wanted the whole damn thing removed.

Pam was in favour of the Option finally selected only because it was better than the other two on the table. In an ideal world she wanted the whole damn thing removed.

Of course - but the very fact that she defaulted to vote for the project instead of voting against it is telling as well. She didn't have to go for the carrot.

AoD

Rob Ford would have had the Uber/Taxi meeting in a committee room and allow only only 3 minutes each for delegates, instead of 5 minutes each in the council chamber.

:)
il_570xN.535955581_a6br.jpg

Someone posted this up thread. It's actually quite funny in spots and I was thinking about that. If I had watched it before Rob's adventures, I doubt I could have watched the whole thing. Too unbelievable and ridiculous to be considered funny. Shit, we lived through that. Amazing.

Jonathan GoldsbieVerified account‏@goldsbie
A longtime Letterman writer created a pilot presentation for a series inspired by Rob Ford: http://bit.ly/1Sk1zqx It is very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back