News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
il_570xN.535955581_a6br.jpg

Mayorship for Dummies? I thought Rob learned all he needed to know about politics from watching dear old Dad. Unless Rob (ghost)wrote this himself in his spare time to share with females over coffee.

Well now, Mr. Lurker, if you were around more you'd know that I have done a lot more than finger-wag in this thread over the last 2.5 years. I've spent hours analyzing the ITO document, going through Google search results and pics, putting together timelines, photo comparisons, crazy theories, etc. I've been called a stalker for driving by Rob Ford's house (and campaign office, and mother's house, and a bunch of other places), FFS.

All of which is to say: I'm not perfect (maybe you are :p).

However, I'm not trying to "order" anyone to do (or not do) anything; I'm just stating my opinion. And the fact is, there's a lot of judgment in this thread; a lot of talk of what Rob Ford does or does not deserve (in terms of scrutiny, right to privacy, punishment etc) due to his being a public figure and elected official. Over the years many people argued over whether it was fair to include his wife/kids/mother/brother/drug dealer in our activities and comments and judgments here in this thread.

So now, I'm just asking people to ask themselves: are we still "in the right"? Do we still have the moral high ground? Or are we descending into tabloidy, petty gossip, and bashing the closest-available Ford just for the sake of it? This is a forum and there should be discussion and debate and questioning, not just a circle-jerk. If other posters read my post and stop to examine themselves -- and decide that they are cool with what they are posting -- then that's their prerogative, but I don't see any harm in asking the question.

Sorry, I think there's been a misunderstanding. I definitely didn't think you were ordering anyone to do anything. It's just the way it comes across, and/or the way I interpret what you write, that seems very finger-waggy. Which I didn't agree with especially considering, like you said, you've had people get finger-waggy (and more) with you for "stalking" Ford.

For the record I was on "your side" with that. Had you been knocking on his door or peeking in his windows it would have been different, but doing drive-bys to report on if his vehicle was in the driveway didn't bother me. I like to think that if someone encourages and revels in being a public freak show, then we can't be surprised when the public stops to gawk at them. So I had no problem with you doing that.

That's right, I remember that. Despite you saying "if I were around more" I've actually been here since January of 2011, reading everything almost daily. Sometimes those of us that quietly observe see more than everyone realizes ;) You can't discount someone just because you personally haven't seen them :p

Now can the Lisi trial hurry up and get started? I need to finally see that crack vid!

Nick Kouvalis just admitted on Twitter that he was an alcoholic. It started in 2011, so I wonder what affect Rob Ford had on him.

The mailing list for the Ward 2 newsletter, the one I never signed up for but somehow started receiving after writing to the Mayor, is about to get a lot smaller.

Screen shot 2016-04-18 at 4.02.43 PM.png

Nice to see, though, that the grown-ups are finally back in charge.

Furthermore, without Rob's picture at the top of it, I wonder how many Ward 2 residents even know what ward they're in.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-04-18 at 4.02.43 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-04-18 at 4.02.43 PM.png
    97.5 KB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Wow, so we have a number of people who can't find jobs, others with PTSD, critical and/or deadly diseases, a suicide and now Kouvalis comes out ahead of the story of his drinking problem. Put the dots together, folks, this can't be a coincidence. So many people connected to Ford probably seriously regret ever working for him.

Wow, so we have a number of people who can't find jobs, others with PTSD, critical and/or deadly diseases, a suicide and now Kouvalis comes out ahead of the story of his drinking problem. Put the dots together, folks, this can't be a coincidence. So many people connected to Ford probably seriously regret ever working for him.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back