News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the CPC's chances of winning last time took a big hit once Harper campaigned with the Ford family. I doubt they would want to be associated with that crowd again.

He could always muscle himself into a provincial nomination - but where? Etobicoke Centre had Milczyn assistant Kinga Surma last election and she looks to be down for another run. There's no way he'd win Etobicoke-Lakeshore, which went Tory in 2014. Etobicoke North is still open and this looks to be his best shot. The riding president is Hardeep Grewal, who's father was dropped as a federal candidate after making a series of homophobic remarks. Anyone know when the riding association will be holding its nomination?

He won't run there, but Doug Ford could most definitely win in Etobicoke—Lakeshore.

Remember, this is same area that decided to turf Iggy for a complete unknown ... only for him to be sacked 4 years later, too ... elected Doug Holyday in a by-election ... only to turf him for the guy (Milczyn) he beat the year before ... re-elects Mark Grimes over and over ...

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if he were to run in Etobicoke North ... and, if things stay steady for Brown's PC's, I can pretty much guarantee everyone he'd beat Shafiq Qaadri. Quite comfortably, too. (Actually, I think that seat is gonna go PC no matter what, so ... )

He won't run there, but Doug Ford could most definitely win in Etobicoke—Lakeshore.

Remember, this is same area that decided to turf Iggy for a complete unknown ... only for him to be sacked 4 years later, too ... elected Doug Holyday in a by-election ... only to turf him for the guy (Milczyn) he beat the year before ... re-elects Mark Grimes over and over ...

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but if he were to run in Etobicoke North ... and, if things stay steady for Brown's PC's, I can pretty much guarantee everyone he'd beat Shafiq Qaadri. Quite comfortably, too. (Actually, I think that seat is gonna go PC no matter what, so ... )

Unless one takes for granted a record-setting Patrick Brown landslide and the Liberals losing official party status, Etobicoke North is actually scarcely a "no matter what" case--indeed, the NDP could just as well gun for it on "Jagmeet Singh spillover" grounds (in fact, despite the Fords, the Dippers nipped the PCs for second there in 2014)

Oh, and re animatronic's post, Kinga Surma wasn't the provincial PC candidate in Etobicoke Centre in 2014. She *did* run municipally in Ward 5 that year, and was a very distant 2nd to Justin DiCiano.

E-L wards voted comfortably for Tory. Barring a complete Liberal collapse he wouldn't be able to unseat the popular Milczyn.

And stand corrected on Shurma

Ya, I can't see any political party taking a chance on him. Winning one riding isn't worth the risk of him constantly saying dumb stuff and getting the party in trouble. If polls are close enough though I think he'd take one last run for mayor. Not sure what he'd run on though. . . .

— Four years on and Mister Tory couldn't even get the Scarborough subway running. A one-stop extension? What a joke!

— Smart Track? Give me a break.

— And guess what, he raised your taxes, and the only train I'm-Sorry-John-Tory got running again was the Gravy Train.

I can't stand DoFo, and yet even I can channel him enough to hear exactly how eight months of campaigning (camping?) would sound.

The new Liberal MP there is very cozy with Mark Grimes and Justin Di Dunpar. Milczyn is clean and distant from the other three in E-L.

If nothing else, Dougie will still be friends will Ezra and company...

The Rebel Live June 17 2017 - The Rebel

Topics will include:

President Donald Trump's influence on politics and society
Life in Canada under Kathleen Wynne, Rachel Notley, and Justin Trudeau
Carbon taxes and environmental extremism
Political correctness
The culture war

And more!

Ezra can't pay his lawyer bills so Dougie has to do something to help out a fellow attention whore and serial libelist.

The recent 24-story high-rise fire in London, England (borough of Kensington), and the two big fires that occurred in Toronto this year, got me thinking of Rob Ford's fire budget cuts.

See link.

‘Closed by Rob Ford’: Budget cuts close Toronto fire hall, four trucks taken out of service

With BIG fires, that means there are less stations and firefighters available in other parts of the city for other fires or situations. But of course, money is more important than safety for some.http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...to-fire-hall-four-trucks-taken-out-of-service

The recent 24-story high-rise fire in London, England (borough of Kensington), and the two big fires that occurred in Toronto this year, got me thinking of Rob Ford's fire budget cuts.

See link.

‘Closed by Rob Ford’: Budget cuts close Toronto fire hall, four trucks taken out of service

With BIG fires, that means there are less stations and firefighters available in other parts of the city for other fires or situations. But of course, money is more important than safety for some.

Give it up, Walter.

From the Toronto Sun, at this link:

Don Bosco school closing at end of June

The Etobicoke high school where late Mayor Rob Ford used to coach football for over a decade is closing its doors for good on June 30, a victim of low enrollment.

But Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School is going out big next Saturday with an onsite reunion of about 1,000 alumnus, teachers, administrators and other staff over the last 39 years, from 1978 to 2017. The event will even include a mass by former graduate and ordained priest Damir Stojic who is travelling from Croatia to be there.

“If you’ve ever known anyone from this school, we’re a whole different breed,” said Eva Lerant, the chairperson of the Don Bosco Final Farewell Reunion Committee and a 1987 graduate.

“It’s a family. Not a school. (Like) our patron saint, Don Bosco, we’re based on religion and kindness.”

Rob’s big brother Doug Ford says “it’s a shame” the school is closing for many reasons including its connection to his younger sibling who passed away from cancer in 2014.

“We’re very disappointed,” said Ford. “As much as people don’t realize it, a lot of kids will go to schools for certain programs in high priority neighbourhoods that may not be academic (as in) sport. And through sport - football - Rob brought that school from a no-name school to a nationally recognized school for the football program. It’s not a coincidence as soon as Rob left that school (in 2013), not his choice, it instantly started to go downhill.”

Ford said he’s behind a Rexdale group trying to get the city to buy the school and turn it into a community centre.

Lerant agreed Rob Ford’s involvement with the school’s Don Bosco Eagles football team from 2002-2013 was something to remember fondly.

“His presence at our school was a very positive one,” she said. “The kids loved him. He was a great coach. He donated athletic uniforms and from what we hear from kids that were there at the time, he even paid for school uniforms for kids who couldn’t afford it. He was part of our Bosco community and he was very much loved by the kids that were here.”

Some of the students walked in Ford’s funeral procession and attended his burial.

“I went by his grave site and they have a Don Bosco football jersey one of the players dropped off at the grave site,” recalled Ford. “So, it was there for about three or four months. My mom picked it up and washed it and brought it back to him.”

Poor Doug. Still polishing the reputation of that crack-smoking brother...

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/17/don-bosco-school-closing-at-end-of-june

“We’re very disappointed,” said Ford. “As much as people don’t realize it, a lot of kids will go to schools for certain programs in high priority neighbourhoods that may not be academic (as in) sport. And through sport - football - Rob brought that school from a no-name school to a nationally recognized school for the football program. It’s not a coincidence as soon as Rob left that school (in 2013), not his choice, it instantly started to go downhill.”

Poor Doug. Still polishing the reputation of that crack-smoking brother...

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/17/don-bosco-school-closing-at-end-of-june

“We’re very disappointed,” said Ford. “Rob brought that school from a no-name school to a nationally recognized school for the football program. It’s not a coincidence as soon as Rob left that school (in 2013), not his choice, it instantly started to go downhill.”

Ummm... so coach Goosepoop single handed saved the school. I am sure it's declining enrollment, and state of repair of the property, not a football program that is the cause of school closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back