News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's wasting his money if he runs for mayor, he's just looking for attention, again. He's hoping that Brown will snap him up when he sees how much support he can bring to the table. Hahahahahahahaha............

He let it slip that's he's running for mayor. Let the good times roll

Yep, he was attacking Tory and was heavily quoting Saint Rob's record, Tory was quick to engage and brought up (in not many words) Doug's behavioural record while at city council. This is going to be interesting.

Him running for mayor, which I do believe is the only option, is going to be great. First, he is probably going to lose money again and second, he will be known as a 2 time loser. The only way he could win as mayor is if another centre-left leaning, strong candidate comes in. Otherwise, it's Tory's to win.

Now, you have to ask why the timing of Doug's appearance. It's either to:
  1. push the Tories into letting him run in EN by demonstrating his popularity
  2. the Tories are about to nominate someone else in EN and he wants to get in front of the story
  3. he truly thinks he can win the mayoral race,
  4. he wants to run for mayor and this is to keep Keesmat out of the press, or
  5. he's a publicity-seeking sociopath and won't run for anything

6. Or like that time when his brother bought all those candy eggs and wasn't allowed to march in the Easter Parade, Doug is sitting on a shitload of burgers and only now remembered to send out the invitations to Frod Fest.

Did anyone get a phone call? Sadly, I didn't.

I'd forgotten about the Easter eggs! So much happened in those few years it's really hard to remember everything.

FFS, why won't he just go away? Maybe the money is drying up in the "label and tag" business and Mikey isn't delivering like promised.

Forgot all about Deco. I guess, out of sight, out of mind, doesn't matter if it goes under or not...

He is trying to milk the media for free publicity just like he did umpteen times before? If he got something important to say, he should just say it. Maybe it will do better than his book sales.

AoD

While channel surfing last night, I was annoyed as hell to discover CP20-FORD up to their old tricks. There it was, breathless coverage of Thug's latest publicity exercise, as if it was real news: Quickie interviews with people on the street ("What do you think of Doug Ford's return to politics?"), followed by more blather in the studio - "Is he running for Mayor again?", "Can he win?", etc. The bastards are obviously hoping for another ongoing ratings bonanza to rival his idiot brother's tenure as mayor, but I suspect they're in for a disappointment should that actually happen. DoFo is hardly the tabloid 'star' material that his pea-brained baby brother was.

Maybe the money is drying up in the "label and tag" business and Mikey isn't delivering like promised.

I'd say it's pure 100% Ego driving DoFo here, but there may be some slight consideration to the latter point. Mikey isn't anywhere remotely near being the trouble magnet/spotlight whore/publicity hound that his scumbag uncles were/are. He also doesn't appear to be following the family tradition of being a proud reactionary nut, even if he is fairly conservative. Thug may well have some vague notion of keeping the Ford "brand" alive, which (natch) amounts to nothing more than sheer, blatant, in-your-face self-promotion, a quality young Mikey is sorely lacking.

I'd say it's pure 100% Ego driving DoFo here, but there may be some slight consideration to the latter point. Mikey isn't anywhere remotely near being the trouble magnet/spotlight whore/publicity hound that his scumbag uncles were/are. He also doesn't appear to be following the family tradition of being a proud reactionary nut, even if he is fairly conservative. Thug may well have some vague notion of keeping the Ford "brand" alive, which (natch) amounts to nothing more than sheer, blatant, in-your-face self-promotion, a quality young Mikey is sorely lacking.
The only time I've seen Mikey in the news was in his failed bid, under different auspices, to try and rid Queen Street of streetcars permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back