News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loblaws is also selling its gas stations to the same business. See link.
Fun fact - the name Esso was created after the monopoly breakup of Standard Oil. The US government wouldn't let them go with a play on SO's initials, which is why the rest of the world is Esso but the US switched to Exxon.

Good grief, just when I forgot we had a Councillor Ford, and he has a "Chief of Staff":
“He wants to make sure that this is being looked at in a wholesome light,” said Dan Jacobs, Ford’s chief of staff. "

Wholesome and the Ford family..... ugh... meh

Thanks ... I read it.

I'll ask again ... What. Does. It. Have. To. Do. With. Toronto?

Do you lot not see how ridiculous this thread is?

You weirdos are like Louise Mensch ... *everything* comes back/is about the Russians (Rob Ford).

Thanks ... I read it.

I'll ask again ... What. Does. It. Have. To. Do. With. Toronto?

Do you lot not see how ridiculous this thread is?

You weirdos are like Louise Mensch ... *everything* comes back/is about the Russians (Rob Ford).

So what are you suggesting? That because this thread's about "Mayor Ford's Toronto", it should be about ***Toronto***, and everything else Ford-related or Ford-relatable (in the latter case, including Trump's presidential hijinks) should be deemed off-topic?

So to throw it all back at you: do you not see how ridiculous the *subject* of this thread was/is? And I'm talking about the real-world reality and notoriety of Ford, his mayoralty, his whole realm of family supporters, etc.

And the imprint lingers--all these FoFam-related memes, such as Randy biting off some dude's nose, get awakened by events happening elsewhere. It's like we're getting a blast out of a hilarious past.

And, look at it this way, that ridiculousness is *exactly* what made this thread, well, the most highly trafficked and popular in Urban Toronto history, bar none. And, really: something of a Toronto (not just Urban Toronto) "institution".

Where were you when all this was happening? Or would you have viewed threads such as this one as the gang-up realm of character-assassinating maniacs?

Really: it's like going into a Toronto Modern/Brutalist appreciation forum and saying, "Do you lot not see how ugly this building is?"

MOD-dubois-central-tech-art-centre-v3-mr.jpg

People seem to forget that Miller *did* push back against the garbage union, hence the overwhelming scent of garbage juice that was the city of Toronto that summer.

Public pressure is what caused him to settle. And the same people who complained about not having their garbage picked up, chided Miller for caving on the union. Is anyone surprised he chose not to run again?

Somehow the Ford admin didn't need a strike to take back some of the odd concessions of the past. Whether it was due to Millers ties with unions and false posturing while the unions gained leverage or whether he was just a weak Mayor is debatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back