8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
11134110_810611449054388_6504437245828712621_o.jpg

Kool-Aid, Mr Tory? I notice your glass is empty.

More, Mr Mamms? Good shiz, wasn't it?

Your doubt is well founded here Evva. The Ontario Fire Marshall is steeped in the latest science. They can reconstruct nearly any scenario. The fact that its inconclusive is telling in itself.

i never realized how standard it was to drop a story after the initial reporting of an incident, until i started following certain news because of ford.

we learn of a shooting... maybe hear of it again if they release some surveillance footage... then nothing. the public is asked to assist in finding someone, then nothing. there are 2 bomb threats, a follow up to say a grievance is being filed, then nothing. there's a fire with an unidentified body, then nothing.

and a lot of those of stories end with the words 'more to come' or 'the investigation continues', so why do we never hear more?? why is the media so bad at closing the loop?

Paging all editors: How do you respond to a "suggestion from upstairs" to reassign a reporter (e.g. our UT Cooper) off a particular story? Does it happen often?

In other words, it doesn't take much to silence a story. Just reassign the reporter to something else.

To the writer, sometimes saying "your story has issues; it's with legal" is enough to schtumm it until the whole caper blows over.

Last edited:
Paging all editors: How do you respond to a "suggestion from upstairs" to reassign a reporter (e.g. our UT Cooper) off a particular story? Does it happen often?

In other words, it doesn't take much to silence a story. Just reassign the reporter to something else.

To the writer, sometimes saying "your story has issues; it's with legal" is enough to schtumm it until the whole caper blows over.

Can you give me some context, Lamport? I've seen stories dropped in reaction to requests from above, but the reasons vary.

Wow, he says this despite the fact that much of his base is ethnic minorities who are harassed by the cops. The black people who supported him must be mad now...

Good luck getting support from minority groups now.

They should have been mad after all the things Ford did against their best interests all these years. They weren't.

Paging medical types: I just watched the interview Rob. He mentioned he was in hospital every three days or so. That sounds like a lot. Does his comment suggest anything about his situation (or do I just not understand the level of post-op care in cases like his).

Wow, he says this despite the fact that much of his base is ethnic minorities who are harassed by the cops. The black people who supported him must be mad now...

Good luck getting support from minority groups now.

Hmm. I wonder why he doesn't apply his "if you have nothing to hide you should talk to the cops" logic to himself.

Can you give me some context, Lamport? I've seen stories dropped in reaction to requests from above, but the reasons vary.

I'm asking if an editor even gets a reason for a request to "temporarily" hold a story, not necessarily spike it completely.

An example might be that someone close to management may have made it known that they don't appreciate further press about a given topic, because it "would not be helpful". Sympathetic management friend then quietly quashes story through "process" rather than bullying writer to shut up.

Or for example if the CH "bomb scare" was considered mishandled by City staff, might gleefully reporting the Fords' lies be outweighed by "safety" or "confidentiality concerns"?

I was driving the wrong way on Dixon today and drove down Golfwood heights to turn around. Who's driving the other way?? Sandro. Might've been exciting but then he turned down Madil.

There were a couple of times during Lisi's court appearances where in the hallway he was sitting on the bench looking at his phone and I was sitting directly across from him. Just the two of us. I couldn't help but wonder if he was checking UT.

I wonder how many Ford Nationals supported the "maintain" option and how many might have disagreed with Rob on this one. I know it doesn't really matter, but I am just curious. There has to have been some of his fans who just couldn't get behind an option that wasn't going to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back