News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's weird when someone dies an people forget everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one who won't be raising a glass in his memory. Both Jude and Chris Caple want to attend attend a public memorial to him even though they were always being treated badly by him. And really, do you think Graeme would want them to do this?
Maybe some people feel guilty for arguing with him now, even though he'd often start it?

I'm sure there'll be some kind of Toronto Life-ish feature on Graeme's "sad, tragic life"--that is, if it's not overwhelmed by his passing presaging the total farcical Soviet-Bloc-in-1989 collapse of everything Ford Nation...

Maybe some people feel guilty for arguing with him now, even though he'd often start it?

I am not sure why they felt compelled to attend other than some misguided sense/display of chivalry- it got all the optics of, and will inevitably be misinterpreted as dancing on one's grave.

Honestly the guy is dead, time to leave it all behind and let his own circle grief him for what he is. The rest of us who knew nothing about him other than his public persona don't - and more importantly, shouldn't call him a saint and grief with them just to make us feel better about our own supposed humanity. Think - who are you doing this for, really.

AoD

Last edited:
Met her at city hall. Seemed pretty nice. She seemed to be friends with Jude.

Like I said, she seems like someone who wants to be friends with lots of people, regardless of ideology. Which is admirable, but I'm not sure what she found to like in Graeme.

It's weird when someone dies an people forget everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one who won't be raising a glass in his memory. Both Jude and Chris Caple want to attend attend a public memorial to him even though they were always being treated badly by him. And really, do you think Graeme would want them to do this?

I won't be raising a glass in his memory either. He might have been a nice guy to anyone who enjoyed his brand of kool-aid but those who did not, received his anger & ridicule. Let's face is he was a twitter troll of the worst kind who would delete his comments when it suited him. I feel sad for his family who has to cope with the aftermath of his death. I feel sad he was lonely, depressed and not found help.

So, the ex-mayor doesn't attend the budget meeting and I haven't seen any comments from his office about it. Not even a strongly worded statement!

I am not sure why they felt compelled to attend other than some misguided sense/display of chivalry- it got all the optics of, and will inevitably be misinterpreted as dancing on one's grave.

Honestly the guy is dead, time to leave it all behind and let his own circle grief him for what he is. The rest of us who knew nothing about him other than his public persona don't - and more importantly, shouldn't call him a saint and grief with them just to make us feel better about our own supposed humanity. Think - who are you doing this for, really.

AoD
It does sort of give the impression of "Look how great we are for mourning someone we didn't like. Hopefully we can be a shining example for those of you tempted to take the low road".

It does sort of give the impression of "Look how great we are for mourning someone we didn't like. Hopefully we can be a shining example for those of you tempted to take the low road".

Which appropriates the whole exercise into one about making public statements. Not a good idea in my books.

AoD

So, the ex-mayor doesn't attend the budget meeting and I haven't seen any comments from his office about it. Not even a strongly worded statement!
I have the feeling the next time we see Rob it's going to be on the front page in an archival photo, if you know what I mean.

With that and all the Graeme stuff, this is all starting to feel like the epilogue to a Scorsese gangster movie.

I'm actually wondering if RoFo has already passedamd that's what sent Graeme over the edge.
Along with his eerie absence lately.

I just had lunch at the Pape McDonald's and on one of the poles, there was an old and worn "Ford for Mayor" sticker.

I'm actually wondering if RoFo has already passedamd that's what sent Graeme over the edge.
Along with his eerie absence lately.

He still has active social media accounts though. If he really was dead, they would make a big deal about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back