News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your point is to be honest. I never voted for Ford, never supported him as mayor or councillor. But he's dead. Are you somehow saying he's at fault for his death?

I was taught empathy and respect. The guy is dead. RIP.

My point is - he doesn't have the slightest hesitation in not following decorum, and he, unlike forumers, are supposed to lead by example. He did not, and was not censured for it.

Empathy and respect isn't something you demand - it is something you practice by example. The forementioned individual consistently failed to do so - not only as a human being, but also as someone in a leadership position (like, who else on here would give out fridge magnets at a funeral?) If one is going to criticize, save it for him - being dead does not elevate one to the point of being above reproach.

AoD

Last edited:
Not sure what your point is to be honest. I never voted for Ford, never supported him as mayor or councillor. But he's dead. Are you somehow saying he's at fault for his death?

I was taught empathy and respect. The guy is dead. RIP.

His lifestyle choices combined with a known possible disposition to cancer is rather damning.
empathy...maybe
respect? not a chance....

Reactions: rbt
His lifestyle choices combined with a known possible disposition to cancer is rather damning.
empathy...maybe

I think "understanding" is probably the most appropriate - empathy requires genuine emotional care, and respect is normative judgement. Neither is there.

AoD

RIP.

People should show respect for the dead. It is basic human decency.

Some of the responses I have read in this thread are nothing short of disgusting.
Oh please, cry me a fucking river. Respect for the dead? The dead are laughing at us for having to deal with the day to day shit that happens to the best of us.

My beef has always been with Rob the politician, none of us are perfect but when you allow your job to be effected by a broken life then it effects the millions of people of Toronto.

I only grieve for Steph and Dougie, they had to see their father in such pain, and now the loss of their father (IMO mercifully due to pains of chronic and fatal diseases).

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

So does Andray run again?

Ummmm... well THIS barely a few hours after his brother had passed!
cold cold.jpg

Attachments

• cold cold.jpg
    cold cold.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 891
Who voted against? As much as I despised the man, and I won't cry any crocodile tears, I would offer my sympathy to his family.

I believe this Tweet was in reference to the good old days when virtually every vote was 43-2.

Sort of like this one:

No. 6 ‏@SamIRDavies 23h23 hours ago
.@RichardFeren My homage to Rob Ford is to ignore details and specifics about his health, and just vote against him to save money.

Anyway, that's enough internet for me today. Too many triggers. Too weird.

Who voted against? As much as I despised the man, and I won't cry any crocodile tears, I would offer my sympathy to his family.

It's a joke, and quite a clever one at that.

Council isn't in session, but if it were, I can imagine Rob and Doug voting against it as they did against so many other attempts to do some good.

It's a joke on Rob and Doug often being the lone dissenters.

For all of the people asking us to honour the dead etc....remember, this was a man who (jokingly or not) was taped offering his wife to other men and who accused her of prostituting herself (as heard by Towhey) amongs so many other awful things. I am sorry for the people who cared for him, but that's about it.

empathy...maybe

I'm not saying to respect him as mayor or for his life choices. But he's dead. He wasn't Hitler, Dick Cheney, or Charles Manson.

It's real bad karma speaking bad about the dead.

Anyway, I'm not here to change anyone's opinion. Do and say as you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back