4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.28.32 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.28.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 11.28.32 AM.png
    190 KB · Views: 459
This whole thing is bizarre and surreal...all the gawkers with their phones out. Spectacle to the end. The actual turnout looks pretty damn small. Evita Peron he is not.

I thought the Fords were nominally Catholic, or maybe Presbyterian? I don't quite see how Anglican constitutes a sort of compromise between Catholicism and other forms of Christianity, but what do I know.

As for Renata, judging by her Facebook output she's equal parts corny, gullible and plain ol' batshit insane. Like many FN trolls, as it happens.
Doug Sr. - United Church of Canada
Diane Ford - Anglican
Doug Jr. - Christian?/Asshole (implied)
Karla Middlebrook - Christian?/Judish (reformed)
Rob Ford - Anglican (Just this moment on CP2Ford)/Hedonist
Renata Ford - Catholic

Watching the funeral procession as famil goes in, seems we should forget Canadian Kennedays, we have the Royal family! Renata blowing kisses to Ford Nation , guess she has found her own!

FFS - as much as I dislike hero-worship and slapping "hero" onto everything, those guys died for the country - what did he die for? Keep using it inappropriately and it takes away the meaning of it.

AoD

There's really only one context in which I can associate 'Rob Ford' with 'hero' ...

480112.jpg

Interesting that Renata isn't walking at the head of the procession with Douggie. The official Ford line is "She is overwhelmed by support and they are playing it by ear to see if she's able to walk the route." Read into that what you will.

You will always find people to "validate" crazy stories and ideas. Hence the reason Ford is a demigod to a certain segment of Toronto.

But it doesn't mean the ideas aren't batsheet insane.

Answer me this (because even the link doesn't answer it): Why? Why would Ford fake his death? What would the point be? He's pretty much gotten off scott-free of every bad thing he's done; he has nothing to hide from. He has money. He has popularity. He has his own little fiefdom. There aren't angry mobs at the palace doors waiting to string him up in town square. The worst thing in his future would be testifying at someone else's trial that might embarrass him a bit (he really has little shame). Hardly worth eschewing everything for.

And again, with all conspiracy theories, there are vast numbers of people who'd have to be bought off or in the loop for everything to come to fruition. Every doctor, nurse and orderly at the hospital who dealt with him after his death. The morgue and morticians. His family. Death records faked. Life insurance policies faked. Estate transfer faked. Credit cards, bank accounts, tax filings… All of this fraud for what? To escape a public eye he loved so much?

C'mon.

Just like with 9/11 conspiracy theorists, reason and logic does not work with these people.

Interesting that Renata isn't walking at the head of the procession with Douggie. The official Ford line is "She is overwhelmed by support and they are playing it by ear to see if she's able to walk the route." Read into that what you will.

Ha, sounds like someone is seeing her as a liability in front of TV.

I'm starting to think Doug Ford is the Mayor that the city deserves.

Not really, considering how few actually turned out. The media makes a big deal out of it because $$$.

This is embarrassing. Never seen something this tacky lol. His most hardcore supporters are just like Howard Stern's wack pack I'm tellin ya!

Honestly though, you can't be surprised.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back