News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a related theme, if homosexuality is purely genetic which I believe to be the case, how does this genetic condition continue to survive since they don't reproduce and by not doing so fail to pass on the proclivity?

This is faulty logic. The colourblind gene is passed along through people who aren't colourblind sometimes. Sometimes children are born with traits that haven't been evident in the family for a couple of generations.

Also, gay marriage is here to stay. Society is the same as it was before. Get over it and find something else to hyper focus on.

Correct, if they are the same sex. Same rules as every one else.

If I meant "everybody" I would have said everybody but I didn't, I said "lots of people" which includes some homosexuals as well as some of most other sectors of our community.

You're being purposely obtuse and mean spirited. It's because of bigoted people like you that Pride is and will continue to be relevant for a good long time.

You think this is bad? All the newspaper sites are flooded with poison from Ford Nation. Newspaper columnists are even writing about it, including Levy herself. Her own people are turning on here. (not that I have any sympathy for her) She made her bed...

I rarely read let alone post under the comments section but I did twice in the past week on the Toronto Star website. Both anti-Ford, pro-gay comments. Both were not approved by the site's moderator. Seems only the anti-gay/pro-Ford comments got through, for the most part which surprised me for the Toronto Star. Pissed me off too.

It's because of bigoted people like you that Pride is and will continue to be relevant for a good long time.

And here I thought that Pride had long outlived it's usefulness and just become an excuse to party and get laid. How sheltered and misguided I was.

On a related theme, if homosexuality is purely genetic which I believe to be the case, how does this genetic condition continue to survive since they don't reproduce and by not doing so fail to pass on the proclivity? Was Darwin wrong?

you're working on the assumption that the gene isn't warranted.

homosexuality has existed for as long as man-kind ...
does that tell you something !?!

I rarely read let alone post under the comments section but I did twice in the past week on the Toronto Star website. Both anti-Ford, pro-gay comments. Both were not approved by the site's moderator. Seems only the anti-gay/pro-Ford comments got through, for the most part which surprised me for the Toronto Star. Pissed me off too.

Not that I wouldn't like to agree with you, but how could you know that only the pro-Ford comments made it through the moderators?

And here I thought that Pride had long outlived it's usefulness and just become an excuse to party and get laid. How sheltered and misguided I was.

Glad to know that I provided some education. :)

Speaking for myself and myself only, I am disturbed by some of the language and opinions spouted here. It is also getting way off topic of Ford's policies and and his ideology as it relates to Toronto.

Just a notice that I (and I expect other mods) will be watching this thread very closely.

Amen. And there's still plenty of burning happening in Rome while you all are fiddling among yourselves. So much "bigot bigot bigot", it feels like a frog pond...

Correct, if they are the same sex. Same rules as every one else.

That whooshing sound you heard was the point going over your head. Common law is fine for lots of people -- why not African-Canadians? Why should they be allowed to marry?

Not that I wouldn't like to agree with you, but how could you know that only the pro-Ford comments made it through the moderators?

1 in perhaps 20 quotes were pro-gay/anti-Ford, and this is the Toronto Star not the Toronto Sun. Further, both of my contributions never made it onto the comments board. Check it out when Pride funding hits the fan and try commenting to see if it gets approved by the mods.

I'm sure bigots in all communities liked that he didn't attend any Pride events. That does not make them representative of their whole communities.

Why would bigots all agree with each other unless they all had the same bigotry?

Last edited:
He has. Look up his voting record on HIV/AIDS funding.

And hasn't he also commented on cutting funding to other programs non gay related? I don't think Ford likes public funding for a host of services and events.

Ford's agenda is to cut, cut and cut some more. That's what drives him. This is why the left are going nuts. One of my friends told me last year, that when the knives came out for Ford like in NOW and elsewhere, that it was because he was seen as the the new Mike Harris. And it made perfect sense. People will vilify when they see a threat, real or imagined. Happens at my work all the time.

I honestly believe this is what's really motivating this undercurrent of hate and accusations of him being a bigot. But who knew this thread would explode like this....

Last edited:
you're working on the assumption that the gene isn't warranted.

homosexuality has existed for as long as man-kind ...
does that tell you something !?!

Please, if you don't understand something just leave it. This exchange was cringe-worthy.

Also the environment can play a massive role in sexual practices.

I must admit I too thought pride was meaningless at this stage. Now I'm starting to think it's relevant to raise this 'debate' once a year to educate people better. Unfortunately not a lot of educating and a lot of 'bigotry moaning' is going on.

Black people understood themselves much better when they fought off discrimination.

I honestly truly believe this is what's really motivating this undercurrent of hate and accusations of him being a bigot. But who knew this thread would explode like this....
No ... the issue is that he is clearly prejudiced against gays.

And such views are not acceptable in today's society.

And while it is surpising to me is that there are people out there who are so utterly prejudiced that think it is acceptable to go around telling others who they should, and shouldn't marry (and Rob Ford is one of these people). Though perhaps if it ended there, we wouldn't be in this issue. The complete boycott of Pride - one the biggest events in Toronto every year - is so utterly prejudicial that I'm stunned.

If Ford just doesn't care about such events ... let's see if he manages to stay 100% from something where his presence isn't necessary - like the Indy race.

even Calgary doesn't deserve RF.

i was very surprised that Calgary elected Nenshi though ...
what were the reasons given for his win? has it become more socially progressive there? etc?

Nenshi wasn't supposed to win, initally the election was supposed to be between Barb Higgins (a former News Anchor) and Ric "Dr. No" McIvor (former alderman), Nenshi was one of those "third choice" guys, but in the days leading up to the election Nenshi wen't viral with social media and really got his name out there, on election day his volunteers wrote on alot of street corners and C-Train stations in chalk "vote Nenshi" and really just put his name in everyone's mind. Since his election he's been awesome, he got the airport tunnel approved, got Calgary Transit to run a bus from downtown to the airport. He's been working on eliminating city deficit and reforming City Hall. He's also trying to get the cities fourth spur of our LRT funded.

I do think the city is more worldly and socially minded than when I moved here in 2004...

I was in Calgary for a few days two months ago, met with friends there, and I took away the sense that the city is finally coming of age. More condo towers, more transit, a downtown that is getting better, an increasingly heterogeneous population, and now an urbane mayor, I get the sense that he's a fiscal/managerial centrist-pragmatist, but representing a generational and social change. Sure the city is awash in Conservative Blue, but with the riding redistribution in the works, there's a chance for another party to break through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back