News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Vaughan is a great guy and he should start making more trips to the inner suburbs (like up here in Scarborough) and familiarize himself with more of the issues.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of how he tried to run all the frats out of the Annex. Other than that, he's done a good job.

How exactly did he do that? PLease explain because I am not familiar with that.

I was pretty involved in the frat thing (on the frat side), and Ramako's view is consistent with the narrative portrayed by the frat folks, which, in turn, is similar to the narrative about Vaughan's so-called efforts to run the clubs out of the club district (which, coincidentally, I was pretty heavily involved in on the club side). Neither of those narratives is true, but as we have seen countless times, the truth doesn't matter in politics so much as perception. BTW, I think in both cases (frats + clubs) the opposition to Vaughan has only served to solidify the pro-Vaughan attitudes of the vast majority of Vaughan's actual constituents in his ward. I recall one particular meeting at city hall where the frats packed the committee room with supporters and wouldn't settle down until Stintz took over as chair. I swear Vaughan could barely disguise a smile as frat boys and sorority girls took turns trying to explain, indirectly and without any sense of irony, why they should be exempt from a wide array of laws and should be allowed to run illegal booze cans out of their basements.

How those narratives play out in the wider city may be a different story. I would wager that many suburbanites don't mind hedonism and lawlessness as long as it's kept from intruding on their culs-de-sacs.

At this point, I'd bet against a Vaughan run. I think it'll be Carroll. She's far better connected.

Though lately I've been tempted to just go all out for Kristyn Wong-Tam.

Carroll is my #1 choice. I think KWT needs another term or two before being ready. A reasonable conservative like John Parker would be my choice if I had to pick a right-winger.

She should have spent more time reorganizing the order of TC projects and thinking of other transit ideas to deal with issues like this one:

http://www.thestar.com/news/cityhal...y-work-will-cause-years-of-traffic-chaos?bn=1

Seriously? It's the TTC Chair's fault the Gardiner's falling down? Don't make me laugh.

As for AG -- he's just trolling. He loves the 'sticking it to the left wing on this board' meme so much he does it whenever he can, regardless of the facts.

FWIW, I'd say Vaughn is highly vulnerable on his pro-business flank due to his high profile opposition to the island airport. A decent Ford campaign manager could make hay with that issue, as soon as the figured out the right sloganeering.

Most pro-Fordites are discounting what another 2 years of Ford will do to his support. Even 'low information voters' can only take so many times of hearing from their cousin in Calgary laughing about our mayor before they start to question their support. Given his 'gaffe every six weeks' cycle, he's due for some kind of stupidity sometime either in Stampede Week or around Caribana (I'm already assuming he continues to get bad news out of Pride -- although he could easily do something else to bugger up Canada Day for himself. (Defend the rights of teenagers to shoot bottle rockets at each other the day before one finally kills someone, e.g.)

At this point, I'd bet against a Vaughan run. I think it'll be Carroll. She's far better connected.

Though lately I've been tempted to just go all out for Kristyn Wong-Tam.

Carroll is a total coocoo whackjob! Are you trying to get Ford reelected?

Wasn't she the budget chief under Miller? What makes her a 'TCW', IYHO?

Listening to her on council for one, then being the sole councillor to vote against the labour deal struck by Ford.

She's essentially the left wing version of Ford. Nothing to be proud of, guys.

Listening to her on council for one, then being the sole councillor to vote against the labour deal struck by Ford.

She's essentially the left wing version of Ford. Nothing to be proud of, guys.

I don't know enough about her to really assess her politics, but she -- and NO ONE on the left of this council -- is as insane as Ford. You can admire his views, cheer his labour deals, whatever. But you need to realize that he's an introverted bully who does not like public speaking in a job that demands -- 24/7 -- that he be an extrovert, a conciliator, and rally his troops through speeches. The fact that he campaigned hard for his pain judges him insane. IMHO.

Adam Vaughan is a great guy and he should start making more trips to the inner suburbs (like up here in Scarborough) and familiarize himself with more of the issues.

Why does a downtown councillor have to do that yet a surburban councillor does not and can also pit downtown against surburban with a bunch of lies to appea to the lowest common denominator of those that live in he suburbs

Why does a downtown councillor have to do that yet a surburban councillor does not and can also pit downtown against surburban with a bunch of lies to appea to the lowest common denominator of those that live in he suburbs

The suburban population (Etobicoke + North York + Scarborough) is the majority.

Almost two weeks on from Fencegate, the widely rumoured Star bombshell scoop to which verious folks have been referring is nowhere to be foumd. Are any in-the-know forumers aware of when this might drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back