News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This leak is potentially serious as it would allow Ford and co to begin dumping/hiding evidence. And to prepare with his lawyer.

Not that it really matters. We here on UT knew this arrest was coming for months. I'm certain Ford knew much longer than that. If he were smart, he would have prepared himself weeks ago.

Scariest part of these tweets is the stuff about cops divided. Given the activities Ford has been linked to, the notion that there might be a faction in our police force who want to actively protect him from the justice system and the public is shameful. It points to certain police willing to obstruct justice for political purposes. It certainly gives credence to Enzo DiMatteo's NOW article yesterday which I was initially skeptical about.

It definitely seems like the cops are actively trying to avoid ford-friendly officers leaking info to them. Why else have brazen/brazen 2? Why process Lisi in 22 division instead of 23 division?

The good news is it looks like the cops are playing to win here. If they were trying to help Ford, they'd be handling things differently.

I'm interested to know how/why they're split. Are there people working to protect Ford? Are they more interested in not pissing off the guy who signs their contracts?

Are there people working to protect Ford? Are they more interested in not pissing off the guy who signs their contracts?

Perhaps there are elements within the Toronto Police who have a lot at stake once everything comes out in the wash, once everyone involved in this mess starts to talk?

Perhaps there are elements within the Toronto Police who have a lot at stake once everything comes out in the wash, once everyone involved in this mess starts to talk?

If it's as big as some of the rumors suggest, then I imagine there will be some people who definitely don't want the attention.

I guess the question is which side is leaking? And to what end?

Scariest part of these tweets is the stuff about cops divided. Given the activities Ford has been linked to, the notion that there might be a faction in our police force who want to actively protect him from the justice system and the public is shameful. It points to certain police willing to obstruct justice for political purposes. It certainly gives credence to Enzo DiMatteo's NOW article yesterday which I was initially skeptical about.

OK seriously - calm down. Why is this the conclusion you're jumping to?

When I read "cops are divided", I read it more as - we're talking about the chief magistrate here, we can't just go and take him away in handcuffs, it's a pretty major deal. If he refuses to come in for questioning, how do we deal with it sensitively. I thought from day one - simply because he's the Mayor, if he's brought in for questions it will be done on the down low - if they haven't already been to his office/home numerous times in plainclothes to do so. I had to provide testimony to the police once and they came in plain clothes to do the interview at my home (videotaped), and they came to my workplace in plainclothes to give me a summons to appear in court. They treat it very, very sensitively when they have to.

But hey, that's just me - and maybe it really did mean what you think it did. But I'm going to wait to see how it plays out before speculating or freaking out

From Twitter:

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@nspector4 @davidakin @lorriegoldstein You Heard it here first. Rob Ford will be detained for questioning within days. Cops divided

Ray Heard ‏@RayHeard
@IsotelusRex @nspector4 As I said, cops divided. So much so, they are sharing stuff with reporters
At first I thought Ray Heard was just some random guy trying to stir shit but now I realize he's someone reputable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Heard Raymond Heard (born 1935) is a Canadian-South African journalist, editor, media executive and political strategist. He is President of Toronto-based Heard-Cosgrove Communications, whose clients include some of Canada's largest companies. He is a contributor to Canada's National Post and appears on the CTV, Global and Sun News networks as a political pundit.

You do know that part of the mayor's job -- his duties and responsibilities -- is to attend festivals, right? (well, except for Pride apparently). So HE WAS ON THE JOB. It doesn't matter that he wasn't sitting in his office. He was at a public event, publicly representing the City of Toronto. It was totally inappropriate, and you should care. If it was a one off, ok, but there is a repeated pattern of this type of behaviour that is completely unacceptable by a public official.

He was supposed to meet up with his staff for the opening of the Taste of the Danforth. He didn't show, instead he showed up hours later drunk. He was supposed to be there in an official capacity and he bailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back