News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm... why is no one talking about the 'Doug Ford directed the police to the specific unit' part of that post? I'd need some clarification on what that means - does 'directed' mean Doug Ford told the police where the phone was (why the hell would he do that?), or does it mean that they overheard Doug talking about where it was over wiretaps and that 'directed' them to the unit? The only reason I can think of that Doug Ford would tell the police where the phone was would be if he expected that they would retrieve it and destroy it.

I'm not buying this story.

MAYBE DOUG IS TRYING TO OUSTER HIS OWN BROTHER!

Or Doug was concerned for Ford and promised the police he'd find him help if only they didn't release the video.

Nah, but seriously. It's a sign of how desperate we are for resolution to this that we'll just take the highly dubious word of anyone at this point, even a story that basically implicates the chief of police in a massive coverup, a guy that also put together a "crack" team to look at Ford's posse.

Why would Blair want to cover for Ford? We already know the guy has zero political power and isn't getting reelected. If I were Blair I'd have zero reservations about throwing Ford under the bus, err... gravy train.

Over the past couple of days have slowly come to what I believe to be a sad truth: the Fords are not getting charged with anything barring murder because Blair wants to avoid the additional international embarrassment it would cause. Easier to hope and pray they leave via conventional means by losing in the next election. Much like the 'we suggest you get a driver' thing the Lisi arrest was probably another 'get yr head straight' warning and not the crumbling of a criminal empire.

We're not going to see Rofo or Dofo perp-walked out of a station. Charge them with obstruction? Why? So they can beat it with the best lawyers money could buy? Have them appear on CFRB afterwards for a victory lap?

Blair does not want to address the larger questions this whole affair would bring up: race, money, power, Old Toronto vs New Toronto etc etc...

Here's the only thing I think is giving him pause: how much do the papers know and how much are they willing to print?

If he sits on something and it gets out, could cause many problems. That's why he's torn.

Keeping as much under wraps as possible until Det. Giroux's investigation reaches some solid conclusions, the better. I don't care who's keeping things airtight, so long as questions eventually get answered truthfully.

Last edited:
Over the past couple of days have slowly come to what I believe to be a sad truth: the Fords are not getting charged with anything barring murder because Blair wants to avoid the additional international embarrassment it would cause. Easier to hope and pray they leave via conventional means by losing in the next election. Much like the 'we suggest you get a driver' thing the Lisi arrest was probably another 'get yr head straight' warning and not the crumbling of a criminal empire.

We're not going to see Rofo or Dofo perp-walked out of a station. Charge them with obstruction? Why? So they can beat it with the best lawyers money could buy? Have them appear on CFRB afterwards for a victory lap?

Blair does not want to address the larger questions this whole affair would bring up: race, money, power, Old Toronto vs New Toronto etc etc...
I have a feeling that you might be right on all points.

Keeping as much under wraps as possible until Det. Giroux's investigation reaches some solid conclusions, the better. I don't care who's keeping things airtight, so long as questions eventually get answered truthfully.

My preferences as well- it's my opinion that all these leaks do not happen, no matter how juicy they might be. Remember that this is a public forum, so Ford's people may be reading this as well.

A few things. Isn't the fact Toronto's Mayor is able to smoke crack with a gun smuggling drug gang, potentially try to suppress the evidence, and avoid any repercussions a worse stain on the Toronto Police service? I'm of the belief that the city's reputation for good governance and an above board police service would be greatly enhanced if Ford were to face legal consequences for his actions. If Blair wanted everything to go away after Project Traveller, Project Brazen 2 would never have even been given a green light.

A few things. Isn't the fact Toronto's Mayor is able to smoke crack with a gun smuggling drug gang, potentially try to suppress the evidence, and avoid any repercussions a worse stain on the Toronto Police service? I'm of the belief that the city's reputation for good governance and an above board police service would be greatly enhanced if Ford were to face legal consequences for his actions. If Blair wanted everything to go away after Project Traveller, Project Brazen 2 would never have even been given a green light.

Exactly! Why risk investigating Ford's friends at all if you're worried about opening up a political hornets nest? All of our info on this post crack vid itself has come from police investigations and police sources. They're the only ones who've given the city any reason to believe something is even going on. And remember: Blair had the power and opportunity to exonerate him, and didn't. And if he banked on friendly judges to keep Ford's role in Project Traveler out of the press, well then I believe in the illuminati. Come on.

Oh, and since we're speculating like rabbits up in here, maybe the arrest was postponed because of the US shutdown and possible debt default. Why throw international doubt on the city of Toronto in governing it's affairs in the midst of a massive global economic crisis? But again, probably just horseshit.

I'm inclined to agree. Unless Blair is fully in bed with the Fords in covering up the scandal (which I don't think fits given the existence of Project Brazen 2), then the Chief should be cognizant that if the Mayor comes out unscathed and even re-elected (let's hope not), his time as Chief might be short. After all, Blair never took the opportunity to exonerate the Mayor.

Oh, and since we're speculating like rabbits up in here, maybe the arrest was postponed because of the US shutdown and possible debt default. Why throw international doubt on the city of Toronto in governing it's affairs in the midst of a massive global economic crisis? But again, probably just horseshit.

Do you still think an arrest is money-in-the-bank?
I don't. At points I did.
Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back