News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lisi ITO is being revealed on Wednesday, or so twitter tells me. It really could be end of days for all deniability. It might be why Warmington is now slagging the police and Ford and Doug seem off.

See my above comments. Joe Warmington isn't just now "slagging Police". He has been a vocal (and courageous) critic of Toronto Police going back to the G20. He has paid a big price as a result, e.g. veiled threats from thuggish cops - being tailed by police constantly.

A lot of people are seeing this as Doug Ford using his buly tactics--though the way I see it, it's Doug Ford foreseeing the so-called bully tactics against *his* camp. Like, what can be dirtier than using the, uh, "truth" against the Fords?

Yeah, I know, the Fords have set it up to be dirty. But in their "what'd we do to deserve this?" eyes, it's the others flinging the dirt...

Listen... I'm not an expert... but he is 100% bonafide high on cocaine in this video. He's far too chipper for any antidepressant. Too chatty. Changing subjects. Proclaiming things to be 'the best'. Can't stand still. Had to practically be yanked away by Massoudi. Just wanted to chat chat chat with whomever in the scrum. Glassy eyes. Lot's of energy. Genuine enthusiasm.

Just saying.

I don't think so. Coke is an upper, but he's swaying and his eyes are drifting up and away. He's not sober, there's no question...but I think it's a mix of a lot of alcohol and some other downer. If it was coke, he'd be a lot more focused and alert.

Whatever it is, he's hammered.

I don't think so. Coke is an upper, but he's swaying and his eyes are drifting up and away. He's not sober, there's no question...but I think it's a mix of a lot of alcohol and some other downer. If it was coke, he'd be a lot more focused and alert.

Whatever it is, he's hammered.

Yeah he's more jolly drunk than coke focused here.

If it was cocaine, he'd be jumping from idea to idea. Talking extra fast, and seeming extra "on it."

Here he's wobbly, he's flushed, he's relaxed. If he's intoxicated, he's drunk, or on some kind of downer.

Yeah he's more jolly drunk than coke focused here.

If it was cocaine, he'd be jumping from idea to idea. Talking extra fast, and seeming extra "on it."

Here he's wobbly, he's flushed, he's relaxed. If he's intoxicated, he's drunk, or on some kind of downer.

Exactly. I'm guessing a lot of booze and maybe some painkillers.

Another high point for our illustrious Mayor! Eyes woozy, swaying, of course he will ask, "Who wants to touch my snake?"

Yes, just another example, all the head movement is a dead give away of someone who is altered somehow.

"I've saved the city millionsh of dollarz....a BILLION dollars."

Dear gawd.
If any other mayor had uttered something like this while unconsciously swaying from side to side, while sweating and chuckling to themselves, it'd be fodder for serious mockery all on its own. Yet it's as if the press and citizenry are all so exhausted by Mayor Ford's impenetrable boneheadery and cliche'd mumbo-jumbo it just...slides.
I'm glad that this Lisi, lies, shootings, pipe and weed affair is kicking up a dirty cloud so complicated that some kind of fallout is being felt at last. I couldn't believe that Ford was taken seriously at all from the start, or that anyone would get behind him. That was shocking. Only slightly less shocking has been that he hasn't been pilloried for the gross volume of lies, harm and misdeeds he's done while in office, nor the awfulness of his intent from the start. It's that it had to get to something this low - something not even the main issue - for a lot of people to start casting doubt on him at all.

"I've saved the city millionsh of dollarz....a BILLION dollars."

Dear gawd.
If any other mayor had uttered something like this while unconsciously swaying from side to side, while sweating and chuckling to themselves, it'd be fodder for serious mockery all on its own. Yet it's as if the press and citizenry are all so exhausted by Mayor Ford's impenetrable boneheadery and cliche'd mumbo-jumbo it just...slides.
I'm glad that this Lisi, lies, shootings, pipe and weed affair is kicking up a dirty cloud so complicated that some kind of fallout is being felt at last. I couldn't believe that Ford was taken seriously at all from the start, or that anyone would get behind him. That was shocking. Only slightly less shocking has been that he hasn't been pilloried for the gross volume of lies, harm and misdeeds he's done while in office, nor the awfulness of his intent from the start. It's that it had to get to something this low - something not even the main issue - for a lot of people to start casting doubt on him at all.

But that's the thing though. He honestly doesn't care how low it goes, and so his supporters take their cue from that. If this whole episode has shown me nothing else, it's shown me how far you can skate on plausible deniability mixed with total shamelessness. And it's PRETTY FRICKIN' FAR. The Fords are almost ludicrously stupid in some ways, but they're very canny about understanding how heavy the burden of proof is, and how hard it is to truly nail somebody for bad behaviour---if they refuse to be nailed---in a civil society. As long as the Fords keep lying, they keep moving. No wonder Rob likes sharks.

All these videos show a different (i.e., gone downhill fast) mayor than that of even just a couple years ago, do they not? Reminds me of seeing David Wilcox in concert when i was back in uni - the eyes half closed and rolling, head bobbing randomly, crazy little non-sequitur smiles. And for Ford this demeanour is now consistent across time of day and location. Apart from all of the apparently uncontrolled body movements (of which I'm assuming he is unaware), he looks very nervous and terribly uncomfortable. Perhaps he is not even able to make a public appearance now without "help".
Would the reporters not be able to smell alcohol if he was drunk? It's hard to conceal - and they are pretty darn close! I guess they're not allowed to say anything if they smell booze?!?

Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 9.16.00 AM.jpg

9AM to 8PM? I very much doubt that! Has he ever worked that long?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 9.16.00 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-10-29 at 9.16.00 AM.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 468
To play the devil's advocate, perhaps he is on an ADHD medication like Ritilain or Concerta? I'm on the latter (perscribed), and exhibit some of the same side effects (red faced).

This brings me to the second question: If he has been diagnosed with a mental disorder and is taking medication to treat it, should he be forced to announce it publically? And is it right that we continue to obsess over trying to identifying it?

This brings me to the second question: If he has been diagnosed with a mental disorder and is taking medication to treat it, should he be forced to announce it publically? And is it right that we continue to obsess over trying to identifying it?

He shouldn't be forced to identify it publicly - but if either he has a disorder or is taking treatment that's affecting his performance to the point that he appears impaired at public events, should he not address it in some way to reassure the public that he isn't drunk or stoned or about to keel over for some other reason? E.g., "Yes, I've been unwell, and I'm taking treatment now, but the medication causes some side effects. My doctor is monitoring the situation and we'll be working to find the best solution."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back