News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that whoever supports Ford at this point can be broken down into 2 types of people:

1. People who subconsciously are ashamed of having supported Rob Ford, but can't admit that they make mistakes. I think these people take all of the incoming hostility directed to Rob Ford personally, as if it was they who are being blamed, rather than Rob Ford. Being a victim has a certain sexiness to it, right? I mean, you get to harbour feelings that you're David in a struggle against Goliath and that the fact that everybody is against you reinforces your individuality.

2. People who worship the Rob Ford of their imaginations. These people bought into a personality cult and don't judge Rob Ford on his actual actions. BTW, this is not "I'd like to have a beer with him" territory. This is more like "I worship Him and submit to Him" territory.

Some of these people are really bizarre. Some of the things they voluntarily do haven't been done outside of totalitarian regimes. I mean, there are bad mayors, but what mayor in living democratic history has things like a moniker for his disciplies ("Ford Nation") and religious-like pilgrimages to a festivity of worship in his honour (his BBQs)? I even read a story in the Toronto Star about a girl who wrote a song lionizing Rob Ford using words like "Mayor Ford, cost cowboy and rollback viceroy." and "Toronto's defender". WTF?

+1. Had a Ford discussion w/ the family over dinner tonight, and this was ou conclusion as well. Only the fanatics are left.

SNL is already a bust. Excessive "eh"s and over the top Canadian accents.

I'm sure the big boss of SNL Lorne Michaels - a W.L. Mackenzie alum - was grinding his teeth.

Ronald Hill....you are awesome.

Mom worked crypto during the Cold War. A very intensive background check, she told me. Visiting neighbours, former employers, etc. And this was in the 50's.

See my comments above re: Aurthur Porter.

Rob Ford guarantees are worthless even before his the revelation of his crack use. Oh and speaking of which - does anyone even recall the rumor that he launched a profanity laden, "do you know who I am?" tirade against the 911 operator during the Marg episode? It doesn't sound as improbable now does it?

AoD

I expect the 911 call to come out now. Should be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back