News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been photoshopped - like someone will really carry a sign saying that they are there because they couldn't get a PS4.

AoD

BZO1HL4CYAAubRI.jpg

Good catch! This picture was indeed photo-shopped!

A wide-shot of the actual demonstration reveals that Nathan Philips Square yesterday resembled Tahrir Square in Cairo at the height of anti-Mubarak demonstrations.

1452162_388778601225059_883626508_n.jpg

Photo credit : Ross McLean

Last edited:
Wow, you really are a piece of work aren't you? Do you have any idea how many forms of cancer are 100% preventable? How many illnesses in general? How many monogamous folks contracted HIV because it turned out their partner wasn't? You remind me of that revolting attitude in the 1980s equating "innocent" and "guilty" AIDS patients. Here's a tip for you: they're all innocent - it's a disease, not a judgement from god.

Hey, by your standards, there's a lot of people suffering from illnesses and diseases (heck, even poverty) that are 100% preventable, to whom Toronto "shouldn't care about."

"Hey Nona, you didn't put enough money aside for your old age and you're living off cat food. Who cares."

"Hey, Uncle Sandro, you spent years out in the sun tending your garden without a hat and now you have melanoma. Ha! Loser!"

Actually, thank you very much for showing me people with attitudes like you are still around - I though folks like that were fewer and far between. :mad:

HUGE PLUS 1!!!

As a public health scientist working in HIV, I can tell you with authority that over 95% of cases worldwide are heterosexually acquired and in many parts of the world, monogamy is the number one risk factor for women. One Nut Kruk - your comments are really misguided and quite frankly, hateful. No one deserves to get any illness, dude.

first, let me say thank you to the many wonderful urbantoronto users who contribute to this thread – it's allowed me to keep up to date on what will easily be remembered (by me, anyway) as one of the most amazing political scandals of my lifetime… and how lucky(?) are we all that it's right in our back yard.

that said – a few days ago while going through what has become a daily plethora of posts, while simultaneously getting lost in the many valuable and entertaining links, i caught myself listening to a recently released pusha t track. for those not "in the know", pusha t is one half of the west virginia duo clipse. some time ago (more detailed research reveals the more accurate date as being january 28th, 2013), he released wrath of caine – an eleven track mixtape as promotion for his forthcoming lp, my name is my name. the track i caught myself listening to is from this mixtape - and it's what i've posted below…

[video=youtube;eI0Qzml5Vkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI0Qzml5Vkw[/video]

i'm sure i'm not alone, but when i'm listening to music i often find myself attaching specific songs with random scenes from films, events from real life, or sometimes film ideas of my own… you see, i spent the better part of five years and $30,000 pursuing the "high school honour student dream" (which in my case was a b(fuck all) in film studies. four years after graduation and i still find myself longing to make films. it's almost like – those five years never happened… but that can't be true because i still owe some named "the government" more money than i'll likely make in the next few years – but, i digress. when you do get around to pressing play, just listen to the words. i promise it'll bring a smile to your face.

footnote: my apologies for the additional detail. i felt it necessary to fully justify my reason for posting this here.

Last edited:
I can't believe he is going to be interviewed by Anderson Cooper. The Mayor has no insight, has no idea what he is saying half the time and now he is going to go on CNN. There is a solution - I have formatted my calendar to pull up these headlines just in time for the Oct 2014 election. Etobicoke may be brain dead but you don't have to hit me twice for me to know you are an abuser. Looking forward to the election and the end of "Ford Nation".

first, let me say thank you to the many wonderful urbantoronto users who contribute to this thread – it's allowed me to keep up to date on what will easily be remembered (by me, anyway) as one of the most amazing political scandals of my lifetime… and how lucky(?) are we all that it's right in our back yard.

that said – a few days ago while going through what has become a daily plethora of posts, while simultaneously getting lost in the many valuable and entertaining links, i caught myself listening to a recently released pusha t track. for those not "in the know", pusha t is one half of the west virginia duo clipse. some time ago (more detailed research reveals the more accurate date as being january 28th, 2013), he released wrath of caine – an eleven track mixtape as promotion for his forthcoming lp, my name is my name. the track i caught myself listening to is from this mixtape - and it's what i've posted below…

[video=youtube;eI0Qzml5Vkw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI0Qzml5Vkw[/video]

i'm sure i'm not alone, but when i'm listening to music i often find myself attaching specific songs with random scenes from films, events from real life, or sometimes film ideas of my own… you see, i spent the better part of five years and $30,000 pursuing the "high school honour student dream" (which in my case was a b(fuck all) in film studies. four years after graduation and i still find myself longing to make films. it's almost like – those five years never happened… but that can't be true because i still owe some named "the government" more money than i'll likely make in the next few years – but, i digress. when you do get around to pressing play, just listen to the words. i promise it'll bring a smile to your face.

footnote: my apologies for the additional detail. i felt it necessary to fully justify my reason for posting this here.

Or you could just post the lyrics.

There are few pols who I dislike as much as Jim Flaherty but, come on.
He's got a really messed-up friend. He was one of the innumerable people who gave Ford the advice to get cleaned up and now it keeps spiraling out of control. Given how even Doug seems caught off-guard by just how deep Rob is in the shit, I'm not surprised Flaherty was even less aware and caught off guard. It can't be easy having a friend who is an addict spiral out of control this way.

That man and his compadres did damage to Ontario and Toronto we are still trying to fix but that still seemed like an awful genuine emotional reaction to me.

I'm glad Flaherty is able to shed a tear when his buddy's rich spoiled brat of a son gets mixed in drugs and gangs. Too bad he seems to take pleasure in building super prisons to lock up poor aboriginals and other minorities for much less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back