News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
His campaign office is a 1/4 mile south of where I grew up, at Lawrence & Warden. What the hell is it doing there? That's Wexford Plaza.

He had a campaign base around there last time too. I don't know if it's the same storefront, since I haven't been that way recently.

I'm taking a moment to reflect on MetroMan's statement in the first post of this thread: "Let's make some realistic predictions."

Yeah, nothing crazy like: before the end of his first term in office, Rob Ford will be notorious for having been caught on video smoking crack. This will lead to him attending the Oscars with Jimmy Kimmel.

Didn't Ford claim responsibility for removing homeless people from NPS? perhaps that's why it's deemed "safe and inviting for citizens" now?

Didn't Ford claim responsibility for removing homeless people from NPS? perhaps that's why it's deemed "safe and inviting for citizens" now?

This is why I think the Fords can lie so effortlessly. They build up these ideas in their heads and that becomes their reality. Reading Rob's comments in old articles, you get it idea that Toronto during the Miller years was somewhere between Gotham City in the 1989 Batman movie and Bartertown in Beyond Thunderdome.

Now that I've mentioned Beyond Thunderdome in the context of the Fords, my mind is racing with possibilities. Oh my god, they are totally Master Blaster!

I hate to be Facty McFacterson, but Toronto's unemployment rate is noTTCeably rising.

Also, his #2 accomplishment is "Made Nathan Philips Square Safe and Inviting for Citizens".

a) When did we become citizens and not taxpayers?
b) How is NPS any different than it was in 2010? Hero Burgers?
He was against spending money on NPS I thought?

I wondering what the chances on this junket for something weird to happen to *Randy* Ford, given how he's taken to looking like some eternally soused Billy Carter/Roger Clinton brother-to-be-stashed-away case...

He was against spending money on NPS I thought?

Yes, and let's not forget the bike parking facility, which was sort of an ancillary of that program. But for those who don't know NPS is undergoing a substantial refit. Still, most of the things on that list are not really things he championed in any remarkable way. Karen Stintz could list them all too.

I mean, his LEAD item is a desk? Why not put the subway there at least? He voted to CUT 311, some of the things are present tense and some past, others are vague and/or subjective (e.g. Stopped out-of-control spending growth at City Hall."), some of them (like that one!) have a period at the end, ...and, how mysterious! He mentions SIX HUNDRED MILLION in savings, after going on and on and on about a BILLION. where'd that go, I wonder?! And it's already been cited but this is good too: "in Toronto is very noTTCeably dropping:"

Total amateur hour all around. I'm almost embarrassed for him.
Right on the front page, what the heck is the "Personal Vehicle Tax"?

How many people here have already signed up to volunteer as an undercover double agent?

You know what else is messed? I'd say 2/3 of his bio is about football. That's just insane. It's a little thing but it really shows what we're dealing with: 3 paragraphs and two are about football, failing to mention he was FIRED as coach and that his little program came within a technicality on an appeal of costing him his job. [slow clap]
http://www.robfordformayor.ca/about-rob/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back