News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not that's really her, my question is this: what the hell is wrong with @ejb___'s keyboard? I'd have to spend hours finding all those stupid symbols in charmap; in any case, I reserve my 140 characters for, y'know, information or weak attempts at being funny.

Break down her tweets and it's something like 38% foaming invective, 61% weird symbols which serve no apparent informational purpose and 1% animal stuff.

I think she thinks you *have* to fill the 140-character limit, plus she fancies herself a bit creative, plus ESL limitations.

I'm not sold. She seems too optimistic about other aspects of life to be @ejb. Someone here or on twitter postulated that ejb might stand for elana johnson basso, Ford friend and crack house steward.

Except that I'm guessing that Basso has a first-language command of English and @ejb___ does not. The former has been photographed wheeling a bike around, the latter is a confirmed 'war on the car' bike hater. EJB lives in Etobicoke, @ejb__ claims to live in Rosedale.

First language verbal command does not necessarily equal first language written command.

It's frightening that there are so many potential nutjobs to choose from.

First language verbal command does not necessarily equal first language written command.

It's frightening that there are so many potential nutjobs to choose from.

That's true, but there's a general faultiness to @ejb__'s writing that is never in Erent's. I don't think Elena Basso would, for example, write 'be-own' for 'beyond' or incorrectly parse the word 'obese' as 'O.B.'.

I know it's been stated ad infinitum but I still can't wrap my head around the cognitive dissonance, hypocrisy and mental gymnastics required by Ford Nation to defend and justify the oaf. This is just one example but it is absolutely stupefying:

https://www.facebook.com/LetFordBe/posts/507226189386954

At this point the only supporters Ford has left are the conspiracy nuts and anti-government types. I imagine there's also a lot of crossover between them and the anti-fluoride, anti-vaccination people. I have no problem saying that anyone who still supports Ford has something wrong in the head. Either that, or they're grossly uninformed and shouldn't have an opinion on anything.

"Elena only briefly interacted with Star reporters, saying “Rob Ford’s the greatest mayor ever. You guys are scavengers,” before threatening to call police."

Sounds like she shares the mindset of Ford Nation.

I just have to say, one thing I don't enjoy here is when members of this forum fixate on delusional Ford supporters. We all know there are crazy people out there, and there always will be. No need to bring them up as specimens for dissection. They have no influence. The more interesting story has always been how Ford managed to get so many votes from people who aren't crazy.

I just have to say, one thing I don't enjoy here is when members of this forum fixate on delusional Ford supporters. We all know there are crazy people out there, and there always will be. No need to bring them up as specimens for dissection. They have no influence. The more interesting story has always been how Ford managed to get so many votes from people who aren't crazy.

I don't think the delusional Ford supporters are necessarily crazy. They are fixated on whatever they think Ford has achieved, or on what they perceive as unfair criticism of Ford. But otherwise they seem sane, perhaps even well adjusted.

I was always under the impression that it had been confirmed that ejb was this Neil Flagg supporter and raging lunatic:

https://www.facebook.com/josie.erent?fref=ts

Check out this Star article from 2010, wherein one Josie Erent explains why she likes Ford (hint: she doesn't get enough respect & doesn't like paying taxes).

The other two people profiled sound like talking points personified ("regular guy", "lose some weight", "councillors spend like drunken sailors" etc. etc. etc.). Not sure whether they got their set phrases from Ford, or vice versa.

Yikes. Josie Erent material can be found in many places, but I think this collection of 'letters to the editor' posted on Tribe.ca in response to an article "Rob Ford is no longer your Mayor".

As she has made no attempt to hide her identity and is clearly both public & prolific in her rage, I don't see anything wrong with posting these easily-found links. If I was a service professional by day and spewing forth verbal lava in all directions on the internet at night, I'd use a pseudonym, but I suppose if you're the type of person who writes those things at all, let alone under your real name, you've set out your stall very clearly: "I don't care what anyone thinks of me".

OK, I know: derailing, but it's surely of vague interest to anyone who's been online in a number of forums discussing Ford and run into... that.

Last edited:
Interesting tidbits from the Surrey Six trial today:
1h
Kim Bolan @kbolan
"There were a lot of drug dealers that used to live in that building," Y says. He said he parked in front. Only Jamie went upstairs.

1h
Kim Bolan @kbolan
Crown showing Y a photo of X's apartment, right beside Foggy Dew pub in Coquitlam. Y says he had been there and in the pub.
Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back