News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
MetroMan just tweeted that he believed Flaherty is mentioned in the ITO.

Coming out of lurk mode because nobody has mentioned that Warren Kinsella called his departure a couple weeks back. Though his rather terse post seems to imply that it has a lot more to do with a rift between Flaherty and the PM over income splitting.

Also, for what it's worth, MetroMan's recent tweet about Flaherty seems more like his own speculation than something coming out of insider knowledge.

Tweeted by Don Peat:
"It is very unfortunate for the whole country of Canada to lose the best finance minister ever" Rob Ford on Jim Flaherty resigning

In the scheme of things it should be one of his least offensive habits but, really, there are few things that drive me as crazy as Ford saying every single thing is the BEST EVER! What is his damage that he can't just say, "...to lose a really great finance minister" or whatever?

(Also, John Tory tweeted "Thank you @JimFlaherty for your service to Canada and for working hard for our city." which makes me reconsider my stance on him somewhat. I'm not one to say I was a fan of the Harris government or of the Harper government for that matter but of all the people in those governments, hey, Flaherty kept us afloat in the recession etc. BUT the idea that Flaherty put in hard work for Toronto strikes me as absurd. His governments have been arguably the most anti-Toronto in the country's history and as the de facto Minister for the GTA he has been utterly useless, unless you want to count the $600M advance he got for his fishing buddy, Rob, for his subway pet project. Provincially, he was only the guy who said that forced amalgamation would be "revenue neutral," which I doubt even he believed. So, I'll thank him generally for his public service but his hard for Toronto? Please. But that's just my opinion.)

Last edited:
^ The thing is, the Ford Bros are getting ink on this topic while there is no reason in the world to put any stock into what they say about Flaherty. These guys could not tell good economic policy from bad if their lives, or I should say if their lunches depended on it. I am so surprised that the journals are giving these goofballs coverage wrt this important stuff.

globeandmail 7:50pm via HootSuite
Doug Ford: "People who don’t like Rob Ford are going to plug their nose," and vote for him, despite videos.

Thanks to Guy and others for clearing this up.
I love the moniker "Guy Caballaro" and wonder how many people know who that was. ;)
guy-caballero.jpg

Attachments

• guy-caballero.jpg
    guy-caballero.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 578
JFC so Doug is going 'oh Rob wasn't as bad as I thought he'd be' (on Saturday night) and people will 'plug their noses' and vote for Ford? So he's basically admitting his bro's a mess but there might be a chance. Yikes.

I have a kid with what may or may not be asthma, they don't call asthma asthma until you've had three trips to the hospital. It wasn't asthma.

I have asthma and haven't been hospitalised or even had a trip there but it is asthma.

Especially after what they put Daniel Dale - and it could have been any one of them - through just for doing his job.

The Dale incident happened 2 years ago and then in December we all know what happened. This "push" from the media has only started in the past 6 weeks or so. There is a definite difference from Dale, Peat, Proskow, Simpson and a couple of others. They are not afraid to laugh when a Ford says something stupid, for instance when Doug said Blair thought he was above the law, Dale laughed out loud and Ford went off on him, then Proskow jumped in with a question and was called the most unprofessional media person out there.

Today, Robyn Doolittle said Doug wouldn't answer any of her questions when he was scrumming. I don't think she's been at city hall much since her book came out and was wondering how they would treat her.

I haven't posted in a long time but have read just about every post. Just watched this clip of Don Peat's where he watches Ford clean his office (?) and then they discuss Jim Flaherty: http://vimeo.com/89448020

Like all-things Ford, it is so odd but what stuck me is how SAD it is. Is he removing his belonings? eg., he's carrying around a football jersey?

Why would he be at all "sad" if someone chose to leave their job for the private sector? Why wouldn't he be happy for him?

The mention by RF of JF's illness as a possible reason seems like such huge deflection--isn't that a way old issue, and didn't he have a skin condition? Wouldn't he know the reason for resigning and/or JF's health status, if they were so close? Would a federal cabinet minister from Toronto, even not being friends, potentially inform a the mayor of Toronto of their plan to resign?

They haven't talked, he says, yet his whole family has already had a huddle about it??

ps. All of these is coloured by MetroMan's suggestion that JF may be in the ITO (coming out tomorrow).

Perhaps JF covered for a Ford and got caught, why he was so upset in the whole process, blinded by family friend allegiance and now forced to step aside due to the splatter....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back