News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course potholes are the WORST THEY'VE EVER BEEN - there's probably a BILLION OF THEM - but luckily we have the BEST MAYOR THE CITY HAS EVER SEEN and his compadres, including THE BEST CRIMINAL LAWYER IN CANADA and (I'm presuming) THE BEST BROTHER A GUY COULD HAVE working the problem. If we can get the AMAZING FRONT LINE OFFICERS of this BOOMING city's police force on the case, I bet they can be patched FASTER THAN ANYONE HAS EVER PATCHED A POTHOLE before.

Seriously, of all his foibles, his penchant for childish hyperbole is, for me, one of the most grating. (But, OK, seriously, the potholes out there are TERRIBLE! So...possibly we agree on 2 things, though I don't have comparative data.)

I've been recalling some of my architectural and urban metaphors, and let me try this modus operandi approximation...

Think of Rob Ford as akin to some lout who, illegally, without proper approvals, demolishes a designated house within a heritage conservation district. And in building the replacement, engaging in all sorts of heritage, planning, zoning, building code, and construction safety violations...but, you know something, folks? The replacement is the BEST HOUSE TORONTO HAS EVER SEEN. HE GUARANTEES IT. And re all those violations--they're *allegations* by people with nothing better to do. And those city officials with issues over "violations" are further proof of the taxpayer-dollar-wasting "gravy" that's still out there...

Here's another photo of Ford at the lcbo

d9be5098b6dd11e3b5140e9867dae172_6.jpg

http://web.stagram.com/n/vicexvirtue/

Attachments

• d9be5098b6dd11e3b5140e9867dae172_6.jpg
    d9be5098b6dd11e3b5140e9867dae172_6.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 462
I think that Deaton (sp?) is on the level. Not that my opinion means anything, just a perception based on cross-referencing some of her personal details.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she and Robyn Doolittle are talking and putting together a story. I hope they are but if the real story is child abuse all of my glee at seeing Rob Fucking Ford brought to his knees will be totally offset by my devastation at knowing what may have transpired with and to a child.

Robyn Doolittle is a reporter and if this "source" aka RAE DEETON, who mentions Rpbyn has her # yet has not reported anything she said, then the details are most likely heresay, 3rd party, rumors, etc, stuff that no legit paper would report.

I read her https://twitter.com/RaeDeeton tweets and was less than impressed, she outs the location/date but says the people that can corroborate info are "scared to talk, because they are scared of Ford",

I suspect the witnesses are also crack heads and are unwilling because they don't want law enforcement sniffing around because of their own involvement.

The whole "snitches wind up in ditches" permeates the Ford investigation because he hangs around scumbags and that makes the polices job so much harder.

If this Rae Deeton figure actually gave a shit about child abuse she'd out all the info but she's pretending Ford the FUCKUP is some master criminal that will extract revenge on mouthpieces.

GROW A PAIR Ms. Deeton or shut the fuck up!

Surprised no one's brought up the idea of Ford doing something inappropriate with Jasmine Basso-- Lena's daughter.

*I'm* surprised that nobody's raised the issue of whatever became of Kathy Ford's older daughter (and half-sister of Mikey)

Papers report hearsay all the time. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law, subject to certain exceptions (e.g. deathbed confessios).

Another thing I've noticed that Ford does whenever he's in council or otherwise in a place where he can't "get well", he always uses two hands to grab his coffee, or non alcoholic beverage. I've seen him do it a lot, especially in council meetings. It's a practiced move for someone prone to the shakes. It's to the point now that he does it out of habit.

Thank you for pointing this out -- the two-handed drink mannerism is something I've noticed before and wondered if there was any unusual significance. I seem to recall that one of the late show hosts (can't remember which one) was mocking the one where he was two-handing the milk in council chambers.

My better half has become used to me making proclamations about Ford's appearance on television and my speculation about the state of his health, and I've noticed that several posters here see the same thing. It seems to show up both in his physical appearance and in his mannerisms. Does anyone else recall that he looked much better at the very end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014? As though he was exercising *and* successfully laying off the intoxicants? When he was out and about making apperances after the ice storm, I remember thinking that he hadn't looked as healthy in many months. Unfortunately for him, he seems to have taken a sharp turn for the worse recently.

I've been recalling some of my architectural and urban metaphors, and let me try this modus operandi approximation...

Think of Rob Ford as akin to some lout who, illegally, without proper approvals, demolishes a designated house within a heritage conservation district. And in building the replacement, engaging in all sorts of heritage, planning, zoning, building code, and construction safety violations...but, you know something, folks? The replacement is the BEST HOUSE TORONTO HAS EVER SEEN. HE GUARANTEES IT. And re all those violations--they're *allegations* by people with nothing better to do. And those city officials with issues over "violations" are further proof of the taxpayer-dollar-wasting "gravy" that's still out there...
Exactly Right!

He had a dream, a vision to do something great and those nattering nabobs downtown tried to shut it down. Those mealy mouthed bureaucrats need to get out of the way and let the men of action do what's needed!

Does anyone else recall that he looked much better at the very end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014? As though he was exercising *and* successfully laying off the intoxicants? When he was out and about making apperances after the ice storm, I remember thinking that he hadn't looked as healthy in many months. Unfortunately for him, he seems to have taken a sharp turn for the worse recently.

I very much agree. Hard to pinpoint exactly when he started looking so much worse, but I feel like it was post-Steak Queen in January. He looks like he's aged 10 years since December.

Isn't the age of consent 16? (Re: jml 17 and 11 months.)

I know I have mentioned this before, and this the kind of speculation people don't like....but in my experience working with people with addiction and mental health issues, so often it is accompanied by childhood sexual abuse.

The Ford family is so fucked up. All of them. And people who have been abused sometimes grow up to be abusers.

I am not saying it is true. But I do think it is very likely.

And all the more so for a family that came of age in the Dazed & Confused 70s and its aftermath, the anything-goes era of smuggled Penthouse Forums and such...

Exactly Right!

He had a dream, a vision to do something great and those nattering nabobs downtown tried to shut it down. Those mealy mouthed bureaucrats need to get out of the way and let the men of action do what's needed!

Except that that's too Fountainhead-y (or Mirvish/Gehry-ish) for RoFo. We're not talking about "something great" a la a Shim-Sutcliffe infill house; we're talking about "something great" a la Big Brother Doug on Tettenhall...

rob-ford-country-05.jpg

Also a FWIW and, really, that means zero as far as it goes. But perhaps interesting nonetheless. The following is related with the caveat that none of it in any way represents a personal opinion or an assertion of fact. However, recent discussion here jolted it back to memory. Anyway:

The day of the "Rob Ford Crack Confession", or Hallowe'en (whichever you prefer) my colleague and I were on a westbound subway at rush hour. Everybody was talking about it. As were we. Unprompted, a woman seated kitty-corner to us, a stranger, who had obviously overheard our convo says, "Oh, there's worse than that". So we did the ol' "What, huh?" She went on to relate that, to her understanding, there was an incident at Muzik nightclub, in a backroom (never been there, don't even know if this is a real possibility) involving Mr. Ford and an, um, 'youthful' female person. Further, this incident had been visually recorded. Whether surreptitiously or not was not clear. She - the teller of this tale - was assuredly not a nut, rather a professional young woman who works in social services or some such IIRC. So we listened to her strange and disturbing anecdote as the train clacked until we reached our stop, exchanged pleasantries and disembarked, gobsmacked in a "Did you just hear what I heard" kinda way. Then, on the platform,we dismissed it as outlandish and went on, commenting that, what with the already costumed revelers on the train, "That was kinda surreal. Some woman just told us the Mayor was 'filmed' getting a tugger at a nightclub. WTF?".

Now, this is obviously Heresay of the first order, and thus reported as such. Merely anecdotal second-hand bullshit. If anything, it's posted because it does indicate that wild, speculative rumours are not the sole provenance of this particular thread. They have moved to the realm of unsolicited subway babble. There are reams of 'chatter' (to use a MM term) out there. None of it, obviously, yet proven.

Note to mods: If this violates terms, please don't hesitate to remove it with prejudice.

Again, FWIW Equals Zero.

The interesting part is the specific mention of Muzik nightclub, since Ford's affinity for that place wasn't exactly common knowledge back in October.

Except that that's too Fountainhead-y (or Mirvish/Gehry-ish) for RoFo. We're not talking about "something great" a la a Shim-Sutcliffe infill house; we're talking about "something great" a la Big Brother Doug on Tettenhall...

rob-ford-country-05.jpg

Is that Doug's house?

rob-ford-country-05.jpg
Ahh, Faux Tudor stucco and foam shitbox. Yeah, big difference. Though the illusions are kind of similar.

Hard to tone down the hyperbole for such tiny empire building.

Isn't the age of consent 16? (Re: jml 17 and 11 months.)

I know I have mentioned this before, and this the kind of speculation people don't like....but in my experience working with people with addiction and mental health issues, so often it is accompanied by childhood sexual abuse.

The Ford family is so fucked up. All of them. And people who have been abused sometimes grow up to be abusers.

I am not saying it is true. But I do think it is very likely.

What no 4 year rule?

He needs an ankle bracelet.

Or a inmate collar from Running Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back