8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP24 11:26am via Web
Doug Ford says the mayor "absolutely" plans to continue campaign for mayor. "The race hasn't started until he is back in it," he says.

That's right, Dougie. It's all about you and yours', isn't it? The entirety of the campaign and everything else to do with it can just take a back seat to your monumental ego. :rolleyes:

CP24 11:30am via Web
Doug Ford says the mayor will "hopefully be back" at city hall within the next four or five weeks.

And naturally, everything to do with the daily running of the city (never even mind the election) can just be put on hold until that magical day finally arrives, right?

That's right, Dougie. It's all about you and yours', isn't it? The entirety of the campaign and everything else to do with it can just take a back seat to your monumental ego. :rolleyes:

And naturally, everything to do with the daily running of the city (never even mind the election) can just be put on hold until that magical day finally arrives, right?

He also said he didn't know why that woman was driving Rob's escalade. Either he's lying or he hasn't spoken to Rob.

Like parking the escalade in the wrong spot...

CP24 11:33am via Web
"Rob's going to come out a new man and he'll look at mistakes he has made in the past and move forward in a positive way," Doug Ford says.

I just wish that cyclists would stop turning left in front of me from the right hand lane (without signalling) at green lights when I'm intending to drive straight through (in the left lane). Most other things I'm willing to cut them some slack for.

It really depends on the layout of the street. In the case of some — like Bloor through the Mink Mile — the right lane is marked as a sharrow, and as such, is designated for cycles. While bikes are allowed on all city streets, sharrows (which are useless, absolutely useless) make it "appear" as though cyclists are only supposed to keep in that lane. Uninformed cyclists may "obey" that sign and attempt to left-turn from that lane.

I would love to cycle in this city. But I know too many friends who've been in accidents where cars are clearly at fault. I've seen a couple of strangers sideswiped on Bloor. I live close enough to Sherbourne to see the way jack-holes treat the "segregated" lanes on that street. The berms are little more than a slight annoyance for delivery trucks, stopped vehicles and construction.

On the other hand, I live near Church and Bloor and regularly see cyclists completely and blatantly ignore lights and traffic signs and pedestrians at that intersection. It's really bad there.

We need a proper and SAFE bike infrastructure in this city. There's too much congestion for us to keep capitulating to the needs of drivers. With the massive growth in people choosing urban areas over suburban and rural, safe biking should be a no brainier. Other cities are getting it, while our idiot mayor holds on to post-war car centric ideas.

We need truly segregated lanes and Dutch junctions.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FlApbxLz6pA

"Rob's going to come out a new man and he'll look at mistakes he has made in the past and move forward in a positive way," Doug Ford says.

Part of his recovery would be to apologize to the people he offended in his last drunken rants. He failed to do this so far which makes be seriously doubt he's on his way to recovery. He will screw up soon enough.

Part of his recovery would be to apologize to the people he offended in his last drunken rants. He failed to do this so far which makes be seriously doubt he's on his way to recovery. He will screw up soon enough.

What makes you think he's doing that 12 step nonsense? There are lots of ways to deal with addiction that don't involve all that bullshit.

That sounds a lot like saying 'That's in the past. I can't change the past. Let's move on' and very little like learning or changing in any meaningful way.

Same old blah, blah, blah from Doug...

annhui 11:38am via TweetDeck
Doug says he doesn't know why Muskoka woman was driving Mayor's car, but says "Rob's the type of guy who'd give the shirt off his back"

The City of Toronto considered the event important enough to put in their official News Release.

"He was a championship swimmer and, at the age of 16, became the youngest person ever to attempt the annual CNE marathon swim across Lake Ontario."

Yes, but who wrote the release, and how carefully did they fact-check it? Probably just a city hall staffer who read the Wikipedia entry, which is likely carefully nurtured by FoFam.

This is a lengthy (3 pages) article based on an interview with Marilyn Bell and mentioning a variety of other sources and there is not a shred of a suggestion of Douglas Ford Sr. having been involved in any way.

- If he had done something in 1954 he would have been 19 years old, giving the lie to the assertion that he did something at age 16.

- If he had done something when he was 16 years old then that would give the lie to the assertion that he did something in the same year as Marilyn Bell's record swim, since he was 16 in 1951.

The Wikipedia entry states that DoFo Sr. was born in 1933. Geneology.com says the same (no source given). That makes him 16 in 1949 and 21 in 1954, in spite of the Wikipedia claim that he was 16 in 1954 and giving Marilyn a run for her money. Total FoFam bulls**t.

Uh, the race is pretty much over...

Doug Ford says the mayor "absolutely" plans to continue campaign for mayor. "The race hasn't started until he is back in it," he says.

Doug Ford says the mayor will "hopefully be back" at city hall within the next four or five weeks.

That's ok Doug, the campaigning and debates are doing just fine without him. As is the rest of the city.

@stephaniesmyth
So...WHO will screw on those license plates on Rob Ford's Escalade!? Watch @CP24 for the latest LIVE from Gravenhurst !

I think we've reached a new low in the Rob Ford saga.

many people with nicknames were identified in the ITO, but Juiceman never was (I don't think it's in the redacted portions, or else there'd have to be a redacted few words every time the alias "Juiceman" appears, no?). But with all the wiretaps, surveillance and a sort of 'process of elimination' -- they must know who he is.

I think Jimmi T said a couple of weeks ago that he recently found out who Juiceman was.

Uh, the race is pretty much over...

Yup. So says the (declawed) mayor's brother Doug, who, as per the Globe and Mail, was a drug dealer in a former life. We will keep saying that -- "former drug dealer".

Yes, but who wrote the release, and how carefully did they fact-check it? Probably just a city hall staffer who read the Wikipedia entry, which is likely carefully nurtured by FoFam.

The Wikipedia entry states that DoFo Sr. was born in 1933. Geneology.com says the same (no source given). That makes him 16 in 1949 and 21 in 1954, in spite of the Wikipedia claim that he was 16 in 1954 and giving Marilyn a run for her money. Total FoFam bulls**t.

My work IP range is blocked by Wikipedia - anybody want to go in and remove the offending paragraph (or better yet add the context that what he's claiming is impossible)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back