39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to cheer three heroes of this past week:

1. Royson James for his Star columns of June 30 and July 1
  2. Joe Killoran for his short television show and National Post interview
  3. Andray Domise for his questions to Rob Ford and open letter to African-Canadian youth (posted here by newearthling)

They have done Toronto proud.

As fun as it is, it’s time to stop talking about the drugs. The noise is drowning out the bigger issues.

FoFam didn’t get their best-case media scenario of interviews with weight-loss tips or recipes for banana smoothies. So now they are settling for the next best thing: dope and rehab chat, à la Entertainment Tonight. Lindsay Lohan instead of Kanye West.

What about Apollo, muzik, RR Donnelly, or Project Brazen?

What about the tepid journalism, the corporate hegemony, the Harper-inspired media handling?

It took more than one RoFo to get us here. Speak truth to the seeds of tyranny. Answer the questions.

ETA: By "dope and rehab" chat, I don't mean writers like Jim Coyne in the Star. I find his pieces very informative and calm in tone. However, in probably most foreign media pieces, the leading identifier or Newsreader's Hashtag is "Crack-smoking Toronto mayor ... " <insert Guess-What-He-Did-Today story> <lead into local drug bust story or on-camera confession> ...

Mais Oui, précisément!

I think FoFam's biggest worry, and reason they are working so hard at the campaign & can't let him resign is that if Rob no longer has a job at City Hall, he expects an office and exec position at Deco.

He has until the end of August to drop out and run for Doug's Councillor seat in Ward 2 Etobicoke North, or elsewhere.

The Argos' home opener is today at 3. I bet he will be there and with a large group.
he had jerry the driver with him, and three old guys, including jeff silverstein and (i think) bob marier handing him a bottle of water

series of twitter posts with picture starting here (i think you can still see the pictures even if you're not on twitter) --
https://twitter.com/rudydotca/status/485586610671456256

He left city hall before 6 and has been seen at the Greek festival at the damned church my sister was married in at 9.

I'm so pissed off at them for accepting him and getting selfies with him. I really hope my aunt is there because she hates his guts and would say so to his face. Maybe she could hit him over the head with a souvlaki or smear his face with baklava!

He has until the end of August to drop out and run for Doug's Councillor seat in Ward 2 Etobicoke North, or elsewhere.

I assume that's why Mike Ford hasn't registered for his supposed Ward 2 run yet (Doug told Ward 2 rival Andray Domise that Mikey's running). They're probably waiting until the last possible moment before signing him up.

If Rob Ford continues to slide in the polls through July and August, he will drop out of the mayoral race, claim that it's best for "his disease" that he step back from the limelight, but that he's so incredibly dedicated to the people of Toronto and fighting for the little guy that he will magnanimously still run for council.

Blah blah blah blah.

he will drop out of the mayoral race, claim that it's best for "his disease" that he step back from the limelight, but that he's so incredibly dedicated to the people of Toronto and fighting for the little guy that he will magnanimously still run for council.

+1!! Watch this space.

Only fing is, Andray Domise is a formidable opponent. Could be a great opportunity for Andray. Lotsa clicks & eyeballs to watch them spar. Unless Rob escapes thru the Steak Queen kitchen door... chased by Doug waving a cleaver.

+1!! Watch this space.

Only fing is, Andray Domise is a formidable opponent. Could be a great opportunity for Andray. Lotsa clicks & eyeballs to watch them spar. Unless Rob escapes thru the Steak Queen kitchen door... chased by Doug waving a cleaver.

Agree, Andray is incredibly articulate and on the ball.

AoD

The Golem said:
I think FoFam's biggest worry, and reason they are working so hard at the campaign & can't let him resign is that if Rob no longer has a job at City Hall, he expects an office and exec position at Deco.

No - I think their biggest worry is that the mayor's job is the only job that Robbie has ever liked, and that it keeps him generally occupied (and somewhat out of trouble -- although that has certainly not worked out well as of late). Without the mayor's job, he will essentially then have a lot of free time to drink and do drugs. And I suspect that the sober coach and visits to rehab would vanish for him since there is no reason for the Ford family (in their twisted mind) for him to continue because there is no political career requiring him to put in the right "appearances". I don't think he really wants a job at Deco, because then he won't have "fans" for him to take selfies, etc., and feeling like a bigshot. He is hanging onto the mayor's job with desperation, since it feeds his ego and insecurities, like no other job can. As Diane once said, Robbie always has to keep "busy" -- and the mayor's job does that for him.

Look at Kathy -- she is of no real use to the family, so they aren't worried about sending to her to rehab. Rob would become the male counterpart of Kathy once he is no longer mayor.
Notice I didn't say Rob wants a job at Deco.
A desk, and an exec position.
So he can party when he wants, roll in to the office anytime he wants, shout at employees, and play at being a player, just like he's always done.

Last edited:
I assume that's why Mike Ford hasn't registered for his supposed Ward 2 run yet (Doug told Ward 2 rival Andray Domise that Mikey's running). They're probably waiting until the last possible moment before signing him up.

If Rob Ford continues to slide in the polls through July and August, he will drop out of the mayoral race, claim that it's best for "his disease" that he step back from the limelight, but that he's so incredibly dedicated to the people of Toronto and fighting for the little guy that he will magnanimously still run for council.

Blah blah blah blah.

But "blah blah blah" is the best part: that's when Doug says it's his duty to the people and to his family's legacy of public service to jump into the mayoralty race in Rob's stead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back