News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure knowing what we now know we can have a rather nuanced re-interpretation of "respect for taxpayers"
those videos promote respectfortaxpayers.com, now a japanese site
whois said:
Registrant Name: Hiroe Someya
Registrant Organization: Sawai Co.,Ltd
Created on 2010-06-14 - Expires on 2015-06-14 - Updated on 2014-06-12
so the ford team forgot to renew the domain name

i wonder how long it takes for them to read this thread and take corrective action, which at this point is limited to deleting anything which references that domain, such as these videos

IMO, the Fords (or any candidate) should be required to prove an event is non-political. They should be required to file an agenda of events, texts of speeches, performances etc., beforehand. If they go off-script, there should be real consequences, such as steep financial penalties to the campaign.

This is actually a perfect example of how the Fords are increasing the cost of government. Take a process that relies on good faith, and keep it simple and cheap. 99% of people play along and everyone wins. The Ford see a loophole to exploit and take advantage of everyone. Now we have to replace the good faith process with a bunch of explicit rules, procedures and tests. Just like the new rules around press conferences and 50 other examples. Assholes.

Last edited:
Those that sending complaint letters in are just playing to the Ford strategy...It is a win-win for R Ford...the City ignores the complaints and Fordfest goes as it will...the City aquiesces to the complaints and R Ford pulls out the "victim card"..'I'm just trying to do something for my supporters, the people of Scarborough and Toronto in general and see what happens the great left wing conspircy (choose your villians) shoots me down'...
It has been well played by D Ford... I'm more and more appreciating his Machiavellian qualities...doesn't mean I like 'em just means I'm better understanding how they think..everything is viewed thru how to be a victim and how to illicit sympathy...

Those that sending complaint letters in are just playing to the Ford strategy...It is a win-win for R Ford...the City ignores the complaints and Fordfest goes as it will...the City aquiesces to the complaints and R Ford pulls out the "victim card"..'I'm just trying to do something for my supporters, the people of Scarborough and Toronto in general and see what happens the great left wing conspircy (choose your villians) shoots me down'...
It has been well played by D Ford... I'm more and more appreciating his Machiavellian qualities...doesn't mean I like 'em just means I'm better understanding how they think..everything is viewed thru how to be a victim and how to illicit sympathy...

Let them pay market rates for their campaign events. If it upsets the 12 village idiots that are still behind Ford, so be it. The rules are rules. Even for the Fords.

Those that sending complaint letters in are just playing to the Ford strategy.

I entirely disagree, and their behavior cannot be tolerated or justified. This is simply playing by the rules, and I don't believe hardly anyone (with the exception of the hard-core Ford Nation wingnuts) buy in to Rob being a victim any more, especially at this stage of his political career. He has now exhausted too much goodwill and sympathy.

If the complaints work and reason prevail, let's hope when victim card played, media respond, "but no one is saying you can't have your Fordfest, you just have to pay for a private property venue" you know, like everybody else

those videos promote respectfortaxpayers.com, now a japanese site

so the ford team forgot to renew the domain name

i wonder how long it takes for them to read this thread and take corrective action, which at this point is limited to deleting anything which references that domain, such as these videos

Best I.T. team in the business!

Ah, sweet nostalgia. I had been lurking in this thread for many months but only created an account and posted when I spotted the fact that Team Ford's credit card campaign donation page was unencrypted. I just checked, it still is.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=838215#post838215

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/donate/

I guess https is for the caviar-munching, champagne-sipping elitists.

Let them pay market rates for their campaign events. If it upsets the 12 village idiots that are still behind Ford, so be it. The rules are rules. Even for the Fords.

Exactly pattycakes!

Ford's profile shouldn't allow him preferential treatment. Period. It's not like they can't afford a private venue.

Best I.T. team in the business!

Ah, sweet nostalgia. I had been lurking in this thread for many months but only created an account and posted when I spotted the fact that Team Ford's credit card campaign donation page was unencrypted. I just checked, it still is.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/14268-Mayor-Rob-Ford-s-Toronto?p=838215#post838215

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/donate/

I guess https is for the caviar-munching, champagne-sipping elitists.

I would feel really safe about donating!

Those that sending complaint letters in are just playing to the Ford strategy.

I entirely disagree, and their behavior cannot be tolerated or justified. This is simply playing by the rules, and I don't believe hardly anyone (with the exception of the hard-core Ford Nation wingnuts) buy in to Rob being a victim any more, especially at this stage of his political career. He has now exhausted too much goodwill and sympathy.

That's the thing the Ford bros. can't understand, or don't want to understand, that "taxpayers" can have minds of their own. Ever wonder why Dougie likes to paint protesters like RFMG as out of work "hippies" living off "taxpayers".

My bet is on blaming unions for the lead of persecution this time.

That's the thing the Ford bros. can't understand, or don't want to understand, that "taxpayers" can have minds of their own. Ever wonder why Dougie likes to paint protesters like RFMG as out of work "hippies" living off "taxpayers".

My bet is on blaming unions for the lead of persecution this time.
Also why everything is a battle where people need to take sides. It doesn't work that way, esp in municipal politics.

It's also a manifestation of how the fords are all tactics but no strategy. All shirt game but no long.

I think the Ford's "strategy" is far less thought out than we give them credit for. Most of it is just plain incompetence, with the balance being simply unable to work with others that have a different opinion them them, bullying/lying/whatever and not having to play by rules in order to get their own way. They count on people not complaining and being too polite, and this is why they run amok in city council and elsewhere because no one really stands up to them (including almost of the media). Meaning people have to take a stand and complain and confront them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back