8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford's got a tumor:
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/140...ueben-devlin-regarding-toronto-mayor-rob-ford

Statement by Humber River Hospital President & CEO Dr. Rueben Devlin regarding Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

TORONTO, Sept. 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Earlier today Mayor Rob Ford attended Humber River Hospital's Church Street Emergency Department, complaining of abdominal pains that have persisted for at least three months and have become worse in the last 24 hours. Examination and investigation has resulted in a working diagnosis of a tumor.

The Mayor has been admitted to allow for further investigation to obtain a definitive diagnosis.

A media availability with Councillor Doug Ford and Dr. Rueben Devlin will be held at the hospital's Church St. site at 7:00 PM this evening, Wednesday, September 10, 2014.

SOURCE Humber River Hospital

10 years ago my wife was having stomach pains and we went off to the hospital in the morning.
CT scan by 10:00.
Abdominal blockage located due to an unknown mass by noon.
Removed by surgery by supper time the next day.
Doing just fine now.

I would expect the Mayor of Toronto to get same or better service.
A "working diagnosis of a tumor" sounds like BS.
We think it maybe could be a tumor? Run a CT or an MRI.
Lets try stomach ulcers, or cirrhosis of the liver.

Edited to Add

Oh yeah, and my alcoholic mother ended up in the hospital 2-3 times a year and constantly complained about her stomach.
Always claimed it was her H Pylori back again. Gee Mom, maybe that 26 of Vodka had something to do with it?

Listened to an alcoholic lie for 30 years. Not buying it without proof.

Last edited:
I haven't had time to read back thread yet but who else is just a tad cynical that this "was found" two days shy of the deadline to withdraw and run for council instead?

Well I am sharing that tad of cynicism of which you speak. Lousy poll, Soks withdraws, Doug all set to be a teary caring bro ... do you think it's possible they've known about this tumour for a while and saved up the news to make a timely announcement?

No doubt it will be the largest, most malignant tumour in the history of Toronto, but don't worry because AOL surgeon is on the case.

I don't think that's the first time the phrase "Largest, most malignant tumour in the history of Toronto" has been said in reference to Rob Ford, but it's usually been in a different context.

10 years ago my wife was having stomach pains and we went off to the hospital in the morning.
CT scan by 10:00.
Abdominal blockage located due to an unknown mass by noon.
Removed by surgery by supper time the next day.
Doing just fine now.

I would expect the Mayor of Toronto to get same or better service.
A "working diagnosis of a tumor" sounds like BS.
We think it maybe could be a tumor? Run a CT or an MRI.
Lets try stomach ulcers, or cirrhosis of the liver.

I would expect that he would get the "same" service and treatment as anyone else.

I don't think that's the first time the phrase "Largest, most malignant tumour in the history of Toronto" has been said in reference to Rob Ford, but it's usually been in a different context.

Before people get all teary-eyed about poor Ford, he should be thankful that he wasn't thrown off an apartment balcony. Or shot to death.

If this is really true then damn I think Rob will drop out due to "health reasons". Which sucks because I really wanted to see him lose to John Tory.
If he drops out, who's to say Tory wins? A lot of people have declared for him because they want to get rid of Ford. If Ford bows out, they are free to vote for who they really want.

From Robert Benzie on Twitter:
Fun fact: Humber CEO Dr. Devlin was a leader of dump @johntoryTO movement as #pcpo chief in 2009

interedesting...

Well I am sharing that tad of cynicism of which you speak. Lousy poll, Soks withdraws, Doug all set to be a teary caring bro ... do you think it's possible they've known about this tumour for a while and saved up the news to make a timely announcement?

That's EXACTLY what I am thinking. He's known about it and now it's time for surgery. Perhaps it is benign and he put it off; waiting to see how things would go.

If he drops out, who's to say Tory wins? A lot of people have declared for him because they want to get rid of Ford. If Ford bows out, they are free to vote for who they really want.

interedesting...

Well, a lot of people will vote Ford or no one. Look at the people on IHTWOMRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back