News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no actual proof that Mikey said anything. I used to work in PR/communications... Press release quotes (essentially what a Warmington column is) are basically written paint by number styles by PR flacks and approved.

Warmington is like reading a People Magazine article about Jennifer Anniston... Faux quotes spoonfed to "journalists"

Ah, I fell for it!

WARMINGTON!!!!!

masters-golf-132-390x516.jpg

Attachments

• masters-golf-132-390x516.jpg
    masters-golf-132-390x516.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 689
"Here’s the truth: the Ford brothers claim they are continuing to run because they love the city. But in doing so, they are placing their own family’s needs ahead of the needs of the city."
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tical_the_fords_continue_to_hurt_toronto.html

View attachment 33776
https://twitter.com/RoshniMurthy/status/512598813224476672/photo/1

Hmmm... could this be the beginning of Robbie's own "Wailing Wall"? I'm sure SAL would think so.

Seriously! Casita - are you the dude that always wins at Trivial Pursuit and knows every answer on Jeopardy?

Kaboi and Whathe, simply a case of having so little time, and so little to do. :D

Seriously though, if this thread doesn't prove that truth is indeed stranger than fiction, nothing does.

Something else that Dr Cohen mentioned during the Q&A session, when asked about how successful treatment was likely to be, was along the lines of "if Ford wants it to work, it will work" which suggests to me an implicit reference to his drugs and drinking - ie if he wants it to work, he's going to have to stop the drugs and alcohol, otherwise it's not going to work.

Stressors do not affect illness, but they do affect treatment... draw your own conclusions.

Well said. A perfect demonstration of exactly how important "the people" are to Rob Ford when it's not about blowing smoke up their asses.

It's Diane's plan to promote the Ford Family Compact's, every time Robbie has a problem Diane is there saying Robbie just needs to keep working and things will sort themselves out.

As I mentioned originally, I guess it depends on how he is feeling physically. I have not had alot of experience around chemo close up. What will the 18 daysin between treatments be like? I know that Dr.Cohen, when asked about Saint Robbicus' ability to work/campaign through this, said it's impossible to predict how one will react to the any given chemo treatment. I still think that he is well enough to drag his carcass out to campaign, he'll be on the booze/food train. The opioids are a given, there is no way he doesn't get into those heavily. It's pretty much like giving him free crack.

He likes his pot, so they'll probably give him enough of that to keep him happy.

While undergoing chemo, Rob Ford should be drinking lots of red cabbage juice. It helps the body detox. Rob, borrow the juicer from Doug!

Actually, the liver and the kidneys detox the body. Juice will only hydrate. There is no magic in juices, cleanses, detoxes or other pseudoscientific naturopathic or homeopathic hoopla.

there's no actual proof that Mikey said anything. I used to work in PR/communications... Press release quotes (essentially what a Warmington column is) are basically written paint by number styles by PR flacks and approved.

Warmington is like reading a People Magazine article about Jennifer Anniston... Faux quotes spoonfed to "journalists"

The funny/sad part is that even his "real" quotes are terrible; wouldn't past muster in college journalism program.

First, he puts quotes around random words, like saying that "Rob Ford said he was 'vomiting' last night." Absolutely zero reason for this to be in quotes. If he said some turn of phrase, like "Rob Ford was 'puking up his guts' last night," you could justify quotes.

Just look at this junk - he says the exact same thing twice and somehow manages to stretch it over like 6 paragraphs. Probably thinks he's being dramatic or something:

The mayor has cancer. The doctor said he needs two bouts of chemotherapy, before the mayor’s medical team considers the prospect of surgery.

That was the bad news.

The better news is there is hope. This was a welcome development because ever since word came down that the mayor was in hospital, the feeling has not been positive.

In fact, it felt like we were heading to the gallows in the moments before medical update.

The mood was ominous.

Then came a ray of hope, courtesy Cohen.

Yes, the mayor has cancer.
So - I just want to make sure I have this clear Joe....are you saying he has cancer? But also there is hope?
Also, I think you misplaced an "of" there, but I guess when you're breaking the huge news stories there's no time to worry about words and stuff.

And the opening of his article, gawd. I mean, we all finished Grade 5, right? We know about nouns and verbs and sentences? What makes this guy think, "From his hospital bed" is an English sentence?? "And his friends," would be an example of starting a sentence with AND except it's not a sentence either!! Neither is his concluding 'sentence,' "That’s one piece of information I am glad was wrong." The information was wrong? How can information be wrong about something? No, Joe. "That's one piece of information about which I am glad I was wrong."
The SUBJECT of this SENTENCE is "I," Joe, it's YOU being wrong, not the information.
Just, a full-on embarrassment.

Maybe he's been doing it so long he thinks his terrible writing and one sentence paragraphs constitute a style. Nope, just lazy, infantile writing. And that's putting aside his severe ethical lapses, culminating in him telling the city Rob had a lung biopsy when it never happened. I like how he throws in a "Phew, it wasn't lung cancer!" as if anyone thought that before he floated it. He then spends TWELVE paragraphs trying to cover his ass. It's pathetic. Good thing Rob didn't say, "I'm flying out of here tonight on my unicorn; it's a unicorn/pegasus, actually," or Joe would have run that too without any attempt at substantiation.

That'll by my anti-Warmington rant for the day. I think I hate that guy more than either of the Fords.

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth · 1m
BREAKINGl Audio statement coming from Rob Ford! Watch for it coming up on CP24 #TOpoli

Ugh.

That's not very scientific, and sort of a shitty thing to say. "Oh, he died? I guess he wasn't positive and motivated enough".

I think it's more trying to put a positive spin on the inverse; if you sit on your ass and mope, you're guaranteed to die.

Apple, to the world:

"Apple said Wednesday night that it is making it impossible for the company to turn over data from most iPhones or iPads to police — even when they have a search warrant — taking a hard new line as tech companies attempt to blunt allegations that they have too readily participated in government efforts to collect user information."

Lisi, to Apple:

"NOW you make it impossible to turn iPhone data over to the police???"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...12af58-3ed2-11e4-b03f-de718edeb92f_story.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back