News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Toronto the Good is a Myth. Our city is full of racism, sexism & ignorance bread by politicians who'll say/do anything to get a vote"
https://twitter.com/PureShakti/status/514605672198316033

Ain't that the truth. We popped our cherry on the boat over and looked back with no regrets.

Agree and disagree.

Toronto the Good as a pure thing is obviously a myth.

Toronto as a place known world-wide for imperfect but pretty-good fairness and tolerance is a real thing. A lot of people have got off boats and planes in Canada, felt free for the first time ever, celebrated that, and helped newer newcomers. This is why the whole Ford Nation thing provokes such bitterness and despair. There was and still is good reason to hope for much better.

If anyone speaks to someone in the next day or so who is NOT FN, but who WAS impressed with Doug Ford in the debate, please post your recollections and chit-chat highlights. They would be interesting, IMO.

Kinsella gave Ford the win on twitter. I would actually comment on that, but I'm spent, that shitshow was ugly. Back tomorrow.

Kinsella gave Ford the win on twitter. I would actually comment on that, but I'm spent, that shitshow was ugly. Back tomorrow.

how could he not win? he was on his home turf, with "ten rows of FN supporters"
https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/514582457124130816

A lot of people left well before it was over, disgusted. So Doug preached to the converted, and the converted howled with delight; what does that prove? Tory and Chow should get medals just for showing up to this rigged shitshow.

Hope media fact check Doug's many lies. What's harder to correct is his exuberant fabulism. "I understand youth. I mentor them day in day out." Patently untrue, but hard to prove. And believers lap it up.

how could he not win? he was on his home turf, with "ten rows of FN supporters"
https://twitter.com/ivortossell/status/514582457124130816

A lot of people left well before it was over, disgusted. So Doug preached to the converted, and the converted howled with delight; what does that prove? Tory and Chow should get medals just for showing up to this rigged shitshow.
Well he had at least half an hour to yell at everybody. Doug went into detail ion what he said, unlike Rob.

Hope media fact check Doug's many lies. What's harder to correct is his exuberant fabulism. "I understand youth. I mentor them day in day out." Patently untrue, but hard to prove. And believers lap it up.

+1. The full impact of this wrasslemania show will come out in the next few days. Thug was right about one thing, it was never about the truth. It's more about whoever can get the most TV airplay, preferably with lies repeated but unchallenged.

http://poll.forumresearch.com/post/148/tory-maintains-7-point-lead-over-doug-ford

Interesting quote from Bozinoff
"It looks as though the Doug Caravan has settled a bit, and Tory still leads, but they should both be concerned about the resurgence of Olivia Chow," said Forum Research President, Dr. Lorne Bozinoff.

"It looks as though Doug has plateaued, and Tory is going to win, but you need to keep paying attention to my polls," said Forum Research President, Dr. Lorne Bozinoff

I'm not a fan of Chow as a candidate. I don't agree with many of her policies or politics, but I can certainly respect her tenacity and her creative arts background. And I agree with you. That Wrasslemania jeering crowd is ugly, and will always be ugly. I could not hear the exact jeers targeted at her, but looking at some of her expression I would not be surprised if it was something extremely out of bounds over the line garbage.

The one that sticks in my mind was the heckler who yelled "Fu*k off back home to China".

This was while Chow mumbled and stumbled on her words for a straight minute amidst a crowd of constant boos. Was really something to watch. :(

I didn't watch the "debate", I had enough to watch at home.

Seems the closer we get to election day, the more hysterical the reaction from FN. They do realize their team is losing, right?

If they do... expect execution of a final solution.

The one that sticks in my mind was the heckler who yelled "Fu*k off back home to China".

This was while Chow mumbled and stumbled on her words for a straight minute amidst a crowd of constant boos. Was really something to watch. :(

We have all lost a little of our dignity and self-respect with unchallenged comments like that. This was a civic-minded debate? Hardly.

Maybe not so hard to prove. Andray Domise has deep insight into Ward 2, where no such mentoring has occurred, from what I gather.

Andray Domise @AndrayDomiseTO · 3h
So all this hot air about basketball programs, rec centres, parks, etc. is a colossally egregious lie. None of that ever happened.

I will say that people needed his help in Ward 2, and he ignored them, at best. At worst, he vilified them. His own constituents.

No, you guys, I am not watching the debate. I can't watch Doug Ford sit there and blatantly lie about his record in Ward 2. Too disgusting.

If he was capable of compassion, he'd be ashamed of himself and the way he's treated #Ward2 residents. Don't hold your breath; he's not.

There's still over a month left.

And mark my words: if Doug "won", it's in such a way that'll bite him back on his keister. Ford Nation (and I don't mean his broadest supporters, I'm talking about the core goon squad as witnessed tonight) will be his downfall.

Those pundits who are saying "Doug won" are, unfortunately, viewing things in the rawest Doug-centric terms; as if the hooligans were irrelevant. No; the hooligans are *absolutely* relevant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back