8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 29s29 seconds ago
Doug Ford steps up attack on John Tory, citing record as 4 time political loser, also on board at bankrupt Charter communications #topoli

No big surprise here.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 29s30 seconds ago
Charter Communications didn't die: it emerged from bankruptcy protection. Current market cap of $16 billion.

Last edited:
Doug almost comes off as a voice of reason there, questioning the validity of a sole-source solution for a multi-source need, but then votes for it anyway.

I wonder who handles UAP/NAPA's label and tag printing needs?
"Gosh darn it folks, this deal stinks...but OK, let's do it!" -DoJr
Tinfoil? Maybe is DoJr capable of pulling shit like that? Lol.

I noticed A GFL truck here in Calgary the other day...wasnt pleased.

But it's not like anyone would have ever researched the details. It's just a family story. Like in my family I've heard a branch comes from Alsace-Lorraine. It's probably not accurate but because Alsace-Lorraine sounds fancy the story is easy to recall and keeps getting repeated by different old aunts. Same with stories about wealthy brides who were disowned because they married your great-great-grandfather who was outside their class or religion. So in this family it is told that Renwick was originally Arenowicz. People know that many Jewish families once had other more ethnic names, they've heard of that happening. Somewhere in the retelling those two things are meshed and the family story becomes that they were originally Jewish. Otherwise Doug and Karla probably know or care little about these particular ancestors, probably know less than we know now of when they immigrated and where they were married and what religion they practiced.

You may be quite correct however consider this:

The Austro-Hungarian empire became the Austro-Hungarian empire in 1867 when Austria gave partnership to Hungary in what was called the Hungarian compromise. Both countries are catholic while much of the Slavic population was in fact orthodox. This compromise to another catholic country while orthodox countries continued to be subjugated was not viewed positively outside of Hungary. Having roots in the region, I can tell you that the East Orthodox population was also persecuted, perhaps not to the extent of the Jews but persecuted nonetheless. It's how my family got to be here. Religious persecution and political persecution. So it is quite possible that they were in fact Russian orthodox (or Greek or East, whatever you wish to call it) and not Jewish orthodox.

No big surprise here.

The problem is that nobody will call him out on it to his face, on camera. If there's question period in this press conference, it needs to be brought up on tape to see and capture his reaction. I made this point in another forum:

"It's ridiculous to us, but the Fords have lying down to an art. They shout out one lie, and by the time anyone can get to the press to debunk it, they've already moved on to the next one. The fact-checkers are perpetually playing catch-up with them. Reporters don't call them on their lies right there during interviews; it's all done after the fact, or passive-aggressively on Twitter. This allows the Fords to maintain significant control over the narrative.

Reporters need to take a lesson from basic TV courtroom behaviour - never ask them a question you don't already know the answer to, because then you can throw it back in their face if they lie.

The Fords are masters at creating publicized chaos. They're horrible people, clearly unfit for any sort of public office, but in a sick way, I admire their ability to play the game."

The problem is that nobody will call him out on it to his face, on camera. If there's question period in this press conference, it needs to be brought up on tape to see and capture his reaction. I made this point in another forum:

"It's ridiculous to us, but the Fords have lying down to an art. They shout out one lie, and by the time anyone can get to the press to debunk it, they've already moved on to the next one. The fact-checkers are perpetually playing catch-up with them. Reporters don't call them on their lies right there during interviews; it's all done after the fact, or passive-aggressively on Twitter. This allows the Fords to maintain significant control over the narrative.

Reporters need to take a lesson from basic TV courtroom behaviour - never ask them a question you don't already know the answer to, because then you can throw it back in their face if they lie.

The Fords are masters at creating publicized chaos. They're horrible people, clearly unfit for any sort of public office, but in a sick way, I admire their ability to play the game."

Absolutely. I am so sick of watching this happen. October 27th can't come soon enough.

Since the campaigns are looking at resumes, other than trying to keep his brother out of jail, what exactly has Doug Ford been doing the last four years?

Last edited:
You may be quite correct however consider this:

The Austro-Hungarian empire became the Austro-Hungarian empire in 1867 when Austria gave partnership to Hungary in what was called the Hungarian compromise. Both countries are catholic while much of the Slavic population was in fact orthodox. This compromise to another catholic country while orthodox countries continued to be subjugated was not viewed positively outside of Hungary. Having roots in the region, I can tell you that the East Orthodox population was also persecuted, perhaps not to the extent of the Jews but persecuted nonetheless. It's how my family got to be here. Religious persecution and political persecution. So it is quite possible that they were in fact Russian orthodox (or Greek or East, whatever you wish to call it) and not Jewish orthodox.

That's exactly the conclusion that people have come to.

Something like that and/or Doug misinterpreting the religion mentioned to him at some point - compare his reference to 'Russian Orthodox Jews' when confronted by JPags.

Since he didn't publicly take Rob to task for any of his remarks at the time, his defence against Goldkind amounted to 'You can't accuse me of being racist for appearing to condone Rob's statements, because hey, I know a few Jews and my wife is kinda Jewish-ish, or something ... I don't know, I never really listen when they talk about family history. Anyway, much as I encourage people to view me and Rob as one and the same, I'm not the bigot in the family. I am in fact the lying, craven opportunist who will suck up to any group I don't actually care about in order to look like an inclusive sociopath instead of a regular sociopath'.

Karla Ford's grandparents probably persecuted the jews, and Doug just got that confused.

Charter emerged from bankruptcy protection and is now the fourth largest cable company in the US. That says it all.

Ford is claiming that both of her maternal grandparents are Jewish - he mentions the name Arenowicz - which may "sound" Jewish when spoken but that spelling isn't very Jewish. His name was John George Arenowicz - doesn't sound very Jewish to me.

How many Jewish converts to Orthodox Christianity were there in Ottawa in 1916?

http://www.christthesaviour.ca/our-church/

The spelling looks to me like Polish or possibly the German/Polish-derived transcription in use in Austria-Hungary, and there are quite a few variants for this name and for others. US immigration records from Russia list Arenowicz, Arenowitz, Aronowich, Aronowitsch, etc. Which could be Jewish, but then again could just be a regular Slavic patronymic ('son of Aren/Aron').

Well written and bang on. The only thing I wonder is whether they had conversations, among themselves or with backroom advisors, about how to put this "onslaught" approach to work. Like, did someone tell them to create a constant jetstream of chaos that makes it impossible for anyone to push back effectively? Did they discuss it as a game plan? Or did they just instinctively figure out that the best way to get out of a mess was to make a bigger mess, so long as you never, ever allow yourself to care about consequences?

It's a pretty crazy story! If he was running for mayor still I think it would strip him of his non-core support. Who knows if will impact Doug though, even though I think he's been involved or at least fully aware of things all along.

I'd love to see some links between rofo and his football players and the McIntyre prison beating or rofo using drugs with his players. The rumored photo of him in a gun pile passed out would be good too. Anything like that imminent. (Had to)

Although it still wouldn't explain what his original point was supposed to be.

To protect himself from mocking over his my lawyer etc is Jewish boast. He was pandering to a largely Jewish audience.

How can you call a man anti-Semitic if he married a Jewish woman?

The problem is, although he claims otherwise, his wife is not Jewish. Interesting that we have not heard from her.

JT and his wife were interviewed by Stephen LeDrew on CP2Ford yesterday, I believe.

Just heard a clip of Thug whining about Tory leaving shareholders penniless in the Charter Communications bankruptcy. Tory had his responses ready, including saying he'd gladly stack his resume up against Thug's anytime. Gary Crawford also just endorsed Tory. Has any normal councillor even come close to endorsing Thug? < ...sound of crickets... > Didn't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back