News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through Ward 2 just now and there wasn't as many Ford signs as I expected. There was an equal amount of Andray Domise signs.

That is encouraging news. I want to wish all on UT a Happy Thanksgiving.Gratitude is my happy pill A quick inventory of everything we have to be thankful for can elevate the mood in short order. Just by living in Canada we are enjoying better conditions than 95% of the worlds population. Cheers.

Dougs "lies, lies" is a nice gift to Randy's ex's lawyer: So, Mr. Ford, who is lying about the profitability of Deco? You, under oath in your affidavit, or your brother Doug Ford to the media?

Where is the link with DoFo's reply to the story?

animatronic's original version actually had the correct number of syllables in the first line for the meter of a limerick. Changing Doug Ford to DoFo and omitting 'frequent' makes it too few syllables, throwing off the rhythm. Sorry.

http://web.ku.edu/~edit/haiku.htm

I was clearly wrong. I apologize.
The original limerick has a syllable count thusly:

image.jpg

http://web.ku.edu/~edit/haiku.htm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 876
Just drove through Rob Ford's ward and there are streets full of elect Ford signs...
https://twitter.com/EK_Hudson/status/521702707028316160

^ Speaking about it like it's already "Rob Ford's ward". As if he just let Doug borrow it for awhile.

Except all the signs say "Ford for Mayor". They don't specify which Ford. And they don't have any up (that we've seen) that say "Ford for Ward 2" or "Ford for Councillor".

Referencing the article from this morning's Toronto Star,on the police presence at Windsor Drive, DoFo is quoted, “I don’t even know who lives in there,” he said. “I had no affiliation with that house. That’s Rob Ford, not Doug Ford. I know you want to try to twist it into Doug Ford, but that’s not the case.”

Once again, Doug is trying to avoid being tarnished by the brush of RoFo's lifestyle choices whilst clinging to the imagined accomplishments of his tenure. In other words, he's still trying to suck and blow at the same time. His comments also suggest he is remarkably uninformed. Who in Toronto would not be familiar with that address, it's inhabitants and the events that have purportedly transpired there, with the exception of the illiterate or the oblivious?

And then there's the whole referring to oneself in the third person...is that narcissism or just ignorance?

I used to think assholes were unique, but these two seem interchangeable.
Referencing the article from this morning's Toronto Star,on the police presence at Windsor Drive, DoFo is quoted, “I don’t even know who lives in there,” he said. “I had no affiliation with that house. That’s Rob Ford, not Doug Ford. I know you want to try to twist it into Doug Ford, but that’s not the case.”

Once again, Doug is trying to avoid being tarnished by the brush of RoFo's lifestyle choices whilst clinging to the imagined accomplishments of his tenure. In other words, he's still trying to suck and blow at the same time. His comments also suggest he is remarkably uninformed. Who in Toronto would not be familiar with that address, it's inhabitants and the events that have purportedly transpired there, with the exception of the illiterate or the oblivious?

And then there's the whole referring to oneself in the third person...is that narcissism or just ignorance?

dumb and dumber then you toss in Randy and you have the three stooges lol..

Last edited by a moderator:
That article in the globe and mail regarding Deco was very well put together I give Robyn Doolittle two thumbs up.. they all lie that is all I can say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doug Ford’s frequent rantings were venomous,
Though his grasp of the truth was quite tenuous.
When his lie caused a frown,
He’d double it down,
For fear he'd appear disingenuous.

Beaut!! *clapping* :D

(alas, having jumped back to this comment, I can't remember who posted the 'how-to' for limericks and haiku...but just wanted to note that one can take a few liberties with the 'feet' in limericks as long as the cadence scans. The word 'his' gets 'thrown away'/added in with a stronger syllable in a couple of lines here, and it scans very nicely in spoken rhythm (well, as long as I'm not busy chuckling too loudly, it does :D ). Also a little curious that they don't allow in the info-graphic you found, for a 10 syllable first 2 lines...one of the most 'old saw' limericks around has 10, just for one that pops into the mind immediately...cf. "A wonderful bird is the pelican" etc. etc.) :)

There is a Russ Ford running for councillor i think.. but he is in ward 6 and NOT related to the fords.. Isn't Michael Ford running for trustee ? That is one of the nephews .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back