News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
NT 1010 debate this afternoon from 4:30 to 6 (commercial-free no less!). No live audience, Ryan Doyle will be the moderator. How many times will Doug accuse him of being biased in favour of his "former colleague" JT? Will be interesting to see if Doyle is as good as Goldhawk in keeping Doug on topic.

JGHali, thank you for your insights, it's nice to have an expert in medicine posting here.

(Thanks as well to the other posters who clearly have some knowledge of medical science).

Sorry if this qualifies as trolling, but... whenever JWBF makes an untrue assertion, it's best to just ignore him/her.

I didn't make an untrue assertion.

All this constant talk about cancer and death is starting to scare the s#*t out of me.

I hear you. I found out a close friend with whom I haven't talked in a few years died a few weeks ago. She was having short term memory issues, they discovered a tumor and she didn't survive long past the biopsy; an extremely aggressive tumor. Four weeks ago she had no clue, a week later she was dead.

On a cell phone? Good grief, I worry about a couple of 15-second calls a day because of the cancer risk of shoving this device to my head, which the warnings that came with the device say should be kept so many inches away from the body.

Ionizing radiation is what causes cancer.

Cellular phones (and microwaves, power lines, etc) emit non-ionizing radiation.

In addition, the difference in signal attenuation relative to your brain between being in your pants pocket vs next to your head is pretty much negligible.

The warnings are simply there because enough people caused a stink because there was no definitive proof that there *wasn't* a cancer risk. In other words, fearmongering from science-ignorant technophobes.

Last edited:
Ionizing radiation is what causes cancer.

Cellular phones (and microwaves, power lines, etc) emit non-ionizing radiation.

In addition, the difference in signal attenuation relative to your brain between being in your pants pocket vs next to your head is pretty much negligible.

The warnings are simply there because enough people caused a stick because there was no definitive proof that there *wasn't* a cancer risk. In other words, fearmongering from science-ignorant technophobes.
Yeah, that's the theory.

Over the years, I've heard so many things that were supposed to be safe, become not safe.

It seems to me to be a no-brainer not to stick a radio-transmitter to my head.

There may not be any demonstrated link between cancer and cell phones. But there is evidence that cell phone usage changes the metabolization of glucose within the brain - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21343580 - I'm going to play better safe than sorry, and limit cell phone usage as much as I can. I'm not paranoid though ... I certainly use the things, but not strapped to my head for long calls, or thousands of calls per day which the Fords claim to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back